“Great hotel”
Review of Melia Duesseldorf

Melia Duesseldorf
Ranked #13 of 240 Hotels in Dusseldorf
Reviewed 27 July 2014

Me and my girlfriend stayed for two nights at the Melia and had a great time.
The room was very nice and clean and the bed was so comfortable.
The location is great, within walking distance of the main town and during our stay Germany were playing in a World Cup game so that created a great atmosphere in the bars.
I would have to agree with previous reviews that €28 for a breakfast is expensive. The hotel bar is good for a quick drink. Reception were friendly and efficient. We will definitely be back!

Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
There are newer reviews for Melia Duesseldorf

Reviewed 24 July 2014

As I work for pharmaceutical company, based in North Rhein, I often visit Duesseldorf and Cologne.
This is one of the best hotels I was in Duesseldorf.
It is quite new, and the location is extremely good. It is situated close to Old Town and Rhein, and right next to hotel there is a very nice park (with a rabbits in it), that you can use for morning exercise. Especially, if you lead a group, it is very easy to reach town center very quickly. Everything is close: Königsallee, where you will find many shopping centers, Alt Stadt, where you can find any fun you want, or just to walk by Rhine side, as long as you can.
Food is very good, there is Swedish table for breakfast and dinner, with lot of variety food, exceptional quality.
All in all one of the best staying in Duesseldorf.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Predrag S
Reviewed 8 July 2014

We stayed two nights here in July and managed to get a good rate.The hotel is very clean and modern and located just opposite the Hofgarten which is only about a 10 minute brisk walk to the Altstadt along the Rhine. I can't comment on the food or bar as we did not eat here. My only minor negative is that I felt that the hotel was more geared up for the business traveller and as a result was slightly impersonal. The charges for WiFi at €15 and parking for €25 seemed a bit steep. The staff was very polite and helpful, if I was able to get a good deal on the room rate I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 6 July 2014

Stayed for two nights. Excellent location just a few blocks from North Old Town and the promenade. Across the street from the city park which is in bad shape due to a storm. Comfortable room, very friendly staff. Would definitely stay again.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Guy K
Reviewed 3 July 2014

I stayed at Melia Duesseldorf for a total of 3 nights in May and it was a great experience. The hotel is really pretty with great views from the higher floors. The staff was extremely helpful, first accommodating our requests for the type of room we wanted and generally every time we had a request. They also recommended some great restaurants to us. Breakfast is amazing and I definitely recommend adding it to your package. Only thing I didn't like was that when we arrived my husband had to wait outside in the rain with the luggage as there were no bellboys, instead the reception staff were also doubling as bellboys which is something I haven't experienced before.

Room Tip: Ask for rooms on the 10th Floor, great views and you get a tiny step balcony as well :)
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Citygirl6_Z
Reviewed 30 June 2014

Checked in after long flight from west coast USA and my reservation had been misplaced. Frau V. Neubold came to the rescue - in a very professional manner she quickly rectified the situation.

Overall : Great place situated within walking distance of Altstadt. I would definitely stay here again.

Pros : LOCATION !!!!
Room was nicely laid-out and very clean
Great bathroom
Sauna was amazing
Restaurant serving staff was friendly and attentive
Breakfast was great and preiswert at 14.50 Euros
Great, fast internet connection

Cons :
Room loud at night since it overlooked patio/smoking area and entrance
Could not get AC to work

Great Experience : Frau V. Neubold and her staff at front desk were amazing.

Bad Experience : Rib-Eye that was inedible in restaurant - couldn't cut it it was so tough. Had same meal two nights before and it was great. Manager would not comp the meal.

Room Tip: Rooms facing entrance of hotel are loud from outside diners and partiers late at night.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Ulrich S
Reviewed 24 June 2014 via mobile

I stayed here for 5 nights while attending Turboexpo. I will do it again in future.

The great:
1. Exceptional breakfast. I am talking about the pricy buffet. It was enough meal for all day.
2. Most important are the smiley and happy faces of the folks who work in the reception and restaurant. This is really big deal for me. People who serve from the heart. They really made me want to stay with them. Cannot say enough good words.
3. Room has light switches at the bed side (works great for lazy people like myself).
4. Very good location (park, shopping mall, public transportation, few minutes to everywhere).
5. Apply for Melia membership (for free) and take high speed internet for free all nights.

The beware:
1. no iron in room (common in US but not sure about Germany)
2. no coffee or tea in room (common in US)
3. pricy parking (25euro a day vs. 15 euro at CCD). They should make it cheaper.
4. My room carpet had stains in it so I was not really happy (room 232).

Again, overall great experience and will return again in future if I visit Dusseldorf.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business