“nice and clean but noisy at night in the summer time”
Review of Famosa Hotel

Famosa Hotel
Ranked #87 of 238 Hotels in Dusseldorf
Miami Beach, FL
“nice and clean but noisy at night in the summer time”
Reviewed 15 July 2012

We needed accomodations for 3 and I looked for places that had beds instead of couch. The room was clean, big, and the beds were comfortable. The parking is very secure and next to hotel.There is no AC so we had to sleep with the windows open, which is no problem except for the noisy street that is on. It is not the best part of town but we never felt unsafe.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled with friends

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Chicago, Illinois, United States
Reviewed 13 July 2012

This hotel was a perfect choice for me as a solo backpacker in Germany. The hotel is well-situated, not exactly in the center of town but near enough and close-by to plenty of restaurants and a supermarket. The hotel is clean and modern, and the rooms are a decent size. The staff were extremely friendly and answered a lot of my questions about the city.

I wouldn't exactly describe this as a luxury hotel, but it was certainly nice enough that no real complaints come to mind. Plus it has free wifi which seems to be more and more difficult to find these days. Considering the cost of the rooms, I would not hesitate to stay here again. In fact, I've already stayed here on two separate occasions.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled solo
Volgograd, Russia
Reviewed 24 May 2012

Big clean rooms, free wi-fi with good speed, has a minibar. From the railway station to go nearby (to the right of a main entrance) - 10 minutes, even minutes 15 to the main street with shops. At our request served a breakfast earlier as our plane was early in the morning, a good choice on a buffet. As us was much, asked to call a big taxi - in the morning the car waited for us in time. In my opinion, at this hotel an optimum ratio price/quality. I will stop there yet once.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with friends
Ireland
Reviewed 28 March 2012

Good service from the staff as they allowed us check in early, breakfast was good although not if you like the full fried sort. We had the room on the top floor which was spacious & clean so all in all a good experience.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank opus29
Derby, UK
Reviewed 23 March 2012

Hotel prices are rising in Germany and not always for the right reasons but with the Famosa at least it was value for money and not overpriced. I was upgraded to a twin en-suite without asking (I had opted for a single without bathroom). The room was compact with sufficient furniture for one person. Very clean bathroom (done every day) and being ex-forces I know what clean is. Comfortable beds, I slept like a rock. Bed linen and towels were snow white and the towels were thick enough to dry ones whole body and not just hands! Noise was very minimal even with my room overlooking Kolnerstr with it's tram lines. Breakfast was the usual fare that is served everywhere in Germany but it was good and I ate my fill. There is no communal area or bar but rooms have a small fridge and thoughtfully provided is a bottle opener and a couple of wine glasses. No smoking anywhere in the hotel and I didn't come across any abuse of this rule. The Turkish family that run the hotel were very courteous but of course prefer their own or German language but I didn't have any problem conversing with them. I would certainly stay here again.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled solo
1 Thank RAFpolizei
Riga, Latvia
Reviewed 9 March 2012

I've been travelling to Germany with friends on a concert, and it took me some time to choose the right hotel for the stay. Famosa has a lot of good reviews, and in life it turned to be the same. It was such a surprise for us, when we have been offered a suite insteed of double room, because the hotel was fully booked. It was like "we will give you a much better suite room the same price, so sorry for inconviences".

Location was just right for all the needs: Alstatd in 10-15 minutes walk, Netto supermarket down the street, and just everything in 10-20 minutes walk.

Famosa comes with trully friendly stuff, comfortable beds, wi-fi on every floor, great breakfast, perfect location and reasonable price for everything. So our trip started fine thanks to this hotel.

I have nothing to complain about, so advice this hotel for the stay in Dusseldorf.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank patradeluxe
St. Petersburg, Russia
Reviewed 21 September 2011

We have arrived in Famosa a couple of hours before check-in time and guys on the reception kindly let us leave our luggage there, while we took a brief walk around city-center. When we came back we were happy to learn that hotel gave us family apartments with private bathroom instead of Standard room for the very same price!

The room on the top floor faced the street and was huge! Roomy enough for 5 people. For 2 of us it was over the head! But though it was big it was very cosy and comfortable same time! Big TV-set, wardrobe, table and chairs - we had everything needed in our room.

The hotel itself stands like 15 min walk away from the down-town. And 5 min away from the central station! City-tour bus's first stop, tourist info-center, a couple of grocery-stores are around.

The staff was nice, spoke pretty good English, but there was no 24/7 front-desk manager. So if you have to check-in later than 18.00, contact them to figure out how to do it.

Room Tip: Top floor familty rooms have private bathrooms