“Great room” 3 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #197 of 236 Hotels in Dusseldorf
Holland
“Great room”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 July 2014

The room was clean. The hotel is located perfectly and the price is okay. I might come back a next time.

...Why do I have to type 96 extra characters? I have said it all. Come on, who does that? .....

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Review collected in partnership with BudgetPlaces

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
Brunei Darussalam
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 March 2014

This is a get what you pay for kind of a place. Very small basic rooms, but clean. It sits almost directly over a bar, that is a rowdy place. Even when we woke up at 7:00 on Sunday morning, the music was still going strong. We had rooms in the back of the hotel, so our sleep wasn't too badly affected. Free wi-fi in the lobby, and a weak signal in our room on the first floor. There is a great cheap pizza place right down the street, and you couldn't get any closer to downtown, Alsdstadt, Rhein river walk, plaza, etc. We had breakfast at their sister hotel down around the corner. I wasn't displeased with anything, but there was nothing exceptional either. It wouldn't mind returning here, but I'd look for something a little more upscale next time.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
Oslo, Norway
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 August 2013 via mobile

Do not try to sleep here on a Saturday night unless you can get a room at the back side. I am not kidding. And I am not one to mind some raucousness and bar noise to the wee hours. But this was thermonuclear and it is now 9am and has just within the last half hour subsided to being mere bar noise and loud music. No ac so can't close the windows. Ear plugs of any kind are not enough. Otherwise we love the hotel as it is clean, central, cheap, and staff is nice if resigned to disappoint folks needing sleep in a Saturday night. They assure us it will be more reasonable for the rest of our stay. I just had a nice walk around the old town and only this street is still swinging. Be warned!

• Stayed August 2013
Istanbul, Turkey
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 December 2012

There is a bar across the street with live music that actually gets louder as the night wears on. Luckily I had earplugs with me, so I could block out some of it. When I was awakened at three in the morning, I asked the night clerk what was to be done, and he shrugged his shoulders.
I went online to find out about noise ordinances here--of course I had to go to the lobby, because the internet signal is not strong enough to work in my room on the 3rd floor. Whether day or night, you will feel as though you are interrupting the clerks from their very important work on their computers. The night clerk told us breakfast would be at 7am, but he must have been tired when we checked in, because breakfast starts at 8am on weekends according to the woman who serves it with nearly no smile at all. All of this is a shame because it's a clean, safe hotel right downtown, and the single room I had was fine--comfortable bed, strong water pressure in the shower, simple and tasteful decor.

• Stayed December 2012, travelled with friends
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles

Travellers are raving about these Dusseldorf hotels

Düsseldorf
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 June 2012

was staying here with my mam. the hotel owns a number of hotels in neightbouring streets and we were requested by email the week befor to stay at hotel alt instead. all rooms had daily maid service and were spotless. the hotels where in a great spot for sightseeing the oldtown(alt) and the ubahn is just around the corner to visit rest of dusseldorf or connect to central railway staion to visit other parts of germany or neverlands. which was helpfull considering my mams legs
the staff were freindly and helpfull. the breakfast was great.
we stayed during the european championship so their was a lot of partying going on especially when germany played. so noisey nights.
my mam wants to go back to this hotel for the christmas fairs with my sister and neice. and id like to stay their again when i visit dusseldorf.
i hope everyone has as great a stay as we had.
stuart

• Stayed June 2012, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com