“WOW!! UNBELIEVABLE.....LOVE THIS HOTEL!!”

Van der Valk Airporthotel Duesseldorf
Ranked #7 of 238 Hotels in Dusseldorf
Portsmouth, United Kingdom
“WOW!! UNBELIEVABLE.....LOVE THIS HOTEL!!”
Reviewed 1 November 2012

If you are EVER traveling to Dusseldorf for business or pleasure...I recommend you stay here!! The hotel first of all is beautiful.....the rooms are unbelievable....contemporary, stylish and so large!! My husband and i had an amazing time, in fact we want to go back and spend the weekend there. The other thing there that is IMPECCABLE is the SERVICE!!! As soon as we walked in they took our name and within 5 minutes had our key ready.....very nice, pleasant and so very friendly....and they ALL spoke English. When we had to reach some places that the directions were not clear, they printed maps for us and showed us how to get there!! KUDOS TO THIS HOTEL!!! LOVE IT LOVE IT LOVE IT!!!! THANKS VAN DER VALK, DUSSELDORF!!

Room Tip: Book online @ hotels.de for great prices
  • Stayed October 2012, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (49)
  • Arabic first
  • Turkish first
Paris
Reviewed 18 September 2012

I have stayed at this hotel 6-7 times now and I keep going back. The hotel is only 10min to the airport by car and 2min from the motorway exit so if like me you're looking to get in late and away early it's the perfect location.

The rooms and general decor are very modern and clean. I love the power shower in the bathroom. On my most recent stay I discovered the free sauna/steam-room on the top floor which is great for relaxing.

On the negative side the restaurant service is a little random. Most of the time it's prompt and attentive but when crowded it can be frustrating slow. The breakfast buffet is better than most hotels I've stayed at in Germany but I don't like the machine-expresso coffee. If you're looking to get into Dusseldorf it's a bit of a hike (20min by car).

Room Tip: Gym upstairs has a great countryside view.
  • Stayed September 2012, travelled on business
2 Thank ParisSaint
Reviewed 9 September 2012 via mobile

Was here for a client meeting. The outside of the hotel is unspectacular but inside it is modern and very stylishly designed. The service is attentive, efficient and polite. Any request made during the meetings was answered immediately. The rooms were spacious, bright and spotlessly cleaned.

The hotel is very convenient to the airport but it is at least 10-15 minutes from the main areas of the city. The soccer stadium is close by.

Stayed September 2012, travelled on business
Mysuru (Mysore), India
Reviewed 30 August 2012

Great place to stay, spacious room and bathroom with bath tub and shower.... Main room has wall to wall glass on two sides.... Limited bus service to the city centre, have to hire a taxi to reach the train station / airport or the city centre, my package did not include breakfast hence had to pay 16 euros for a breakfast...

• Stayed August 2012, travelled on business
Leeuwarden, The Netherlands
Reviewed 20 August 2012

My husband and I stayed at the Van der Valk Airporthotel Dusseldorf in April 2012 when we went for a short weekend shopping vacation in Dusseldorf.

The location was about 10-15mins by car from the city center and the area surrounding the hotel was quiet and unassuming. There wasn't much traffic to and from the city center and that is a great plus point. Parking within the hotel is free and there is ample parking space in a covered garage in the back.

The interior of the hotel is modern and sleek and everything looked amazingly maintained. I particularly liked the cozy feel of the lobby and the lift lobby each level of the hotel had a little 'Dutch' touch to it that made it special.

We had a problem upon checking into the room as the pipe under the sink was broken and the toilet has not been cleaned. We called the reception a few times and finally got a room change after they sent the plumber and he confirmed that the pipe was not repairable immediately.

The room and en-suite bath was spacious, clean and well maintained. Loved the jacuzzi function in the bathtub! And the spa and relaxation area in the hotel was excellent with spacious and clean steam, sauna and solarium rooms. There were even small foot bath areas that reminded me of spas in Asia. The spa itself is reason enough for a revisit to this hotel!

Some of the hotel staff were all friendly, helpful and professionally courteous. One staff even apologized to us when we had to sidestep a pool of orange juice on the lobby floor! There was good breakfast spread too.

The only thing that was a little negative was that the staff on duty for the breakfast buffet were not as friendly or courteous as the reception.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
Frankfurt, Germany
Reviewed 14 August 2012 via mobile

If I have to summarize my stay at Van der Valk hotel, I would name it "spoiled".

Great designer hotel with spacious extremely well maintained rooms, a more than decent fitness area for a hotel, very friendly and helpful personnel.

If anything to improve, maybe the dinner carte diversity, but very little place for improvement on breakfast.

During morning rush hour the only two elevators may be a little hassle, specially if you stay at lower floors,

For those planning to use the place as starting point for Duesseldorf city tours, access might be limited only to taxi or car.

All in one, a place I would anytime return with pleasure

• Stayed August 2012
Spangdahlem, Germany
Reviewed 7 August 2012

My family of four (two kids, ages 5 and 3) stayed at the Van der Valk Airporthotel Dusseldorf in July 2012, and we had a lovely visit! The hotel is fairly unassuming from the exterior, but once inside, you are greeted with a modern, sleek, yet warm environment - complete with gas fireplaces in the lobby. The staff were friendly and welcoming upon arrival, and continued to be so throughout our stay.

We opted to spend a little extra for the junior suite in order to accommodate our family, and it was money well spent. The suite was enormous - by far the largest hotel room I've ever had in Europe. The master bed was comfortable, and all the furniture was modern and sleek. Our children slept on the pull-out sofa, and while I didn't find it comfortable and wouldn't recommend it for adults, our kids had no problem with it. The bathroom was modern, with a separate glass-walled shower and bath, and included bathrobes, slippers, and toiletries. A previous reviewer commented that the bathroom was too dark - I didn't find that to be the case at all, but did notice that it took a minute or two for the lights to reach full brightness (as is the case with many lights in Germany - including in my home!). The views from the floor-to-ceiling windows are beautiful, and the suite comes with a complementary mini-bar box. The staff were gracious enough to put the mini-bar box items in the refrigerator prior to our stay, so we had cold drinks waiting for us on arrival - so thoughtful!

We enjoyed the buffet breakfast at the hotel, which I highly recommend. Normally, my family ventures out for breakfast, but for simplicity's sake we stayed in, and I am so glad we did. The food was delicious, with a wide variety of meats, breads, cheeses, yogurts, and cereals, as well as an omelet station and a deluxe coffee machine. The smoked salmon was a favorite of mine - well worth the 16.50 euro! Children under 4 are free, and older children are half-price, but the front desk attendant did not charge us for our 5 year old, which I appreciated! We opted to have dinner in the Altstadt, so I can't comment on the bar or the dinner service at the restaurant. However, all of the facilities were modern and clean, and I would expect the cuisine to be more than adequate.

The location of the hotel is ideal for travelers, and I believe they have a park-and-fly rate for those who are flying out of Dusseldorf airport and need long-term parking. The Altstadt and other tourist areas are about a 15-minute drive, so this hotel is good choice for tourists with a car.

The Van der Valk Airporthotel in Dusseldorf is a true luxury hotel, at an affordable price. I am already planning a visit back to the area so I can stay there again!

Room Tip: Go for a junior suite - it's worth the (little) additional cost.
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled with family