All reviews concierge lounge bit dated fitness center flat screen tv hotel bar breakfast buffet stayed here for one night old town public transport business trip yogurt tram city airport euros minibar taxis
Reviewed 16 August 2018

Stayed for 2 nights and 3 days and also used the business facilities for 2 days whilst on training. The rooms are extremely dated and look very 60-70s, so don't be fooled by the nice pictures you see of the bar and reception! All rooms are dated. The air conditioning is very hit and miss, the very dated dials in the room do seem to cool the room, but not significantly and the meeting rooms were a bit on the warm side.
Food was hit and miss. On the first day at breakfast there was lots of pastries, on the second day there was hardly any, no pecan twists etc, only crossaints. I asked if there would be anymore coming out and someone said they would check, but never did.
The food for the training was sometimes good, but sometimes really bad - especially desserts/puddings! these were terrible! the same awful quark/Yoghurt/mousse thing every day.

There was no iron in my room - yet there was an ironing board???

The lamp in my room didn't work, which I also reported to reception.

On check out I asked for my receipt to be emailed and it never came...so I had to chase the parent company Marriot to get it sent to me - so annoying.

Overall an outdated hotel in a rough area next to the motorway, 20 mins from town, not great, and not very friendly staff either.

Stayed: August 2018, travelled on business
RDusseldorf, Manager at Renaissance Duesseldorf Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 18 August 2018

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to answer our survey and providing feedback.

We highly value your feedback as a loyal guest as this is crucial to our overall improvement and performance as a hotel.

Please accept my sincerest apologies in regards to the unsatisfactory situation regarding the room temperature you experienced.

All your feedback has been shared with the appropriate department heads and will be used to make the necessary changes.

Please feel free to contact us if you have any questions, inquiries or requests.

Kenan Simsek
Night Supervisor
info.duesseldorf@renaissancehotels.com
0049 211 62160

Reviewed 12 August 2018

I stayed here with work on the 3rd of July 2018.

Staff were friendly and polite whilst staying.

Rooms were good.

Air con was terrible and has been every time I've stayed. 3 times in the last 2 years ( just doesn't work) and neither did my 5 colleagues.

However my main problem was 2 weeks later (16 July) when I was billed €20 without any notice.

I emailed Marriott customer care about this issue and got a reference of 45122907 and was told I would get an email back from the hotel within 5 working days. Never got an email back. Waiting for 3 weeks.

I then phoned the hotel which I didn't want to do as calling Germany from the UK is expensive.

I reluctantly called and was put on hold for 20 mins and then told they would investigate and phone me back.

Obviously no phone call back and still €20 out of pocket with no reason.

Starting to except that they just don't care.

I obviously had a bad experience and I'd like to think this doesn't happen to everyone.

Would not stay here again.

Stayed: July 2018, travelled on business
RDusseldorf, Front Office Manager at Renaissance Duesseldorf Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 13 August 2018

Dear Mr. Arthur B,

Thank you for taking the time to write down your experience at the Renaissance Duesseldorf Hotel.
Please accept my sincerest apologies for the lack of communication in regards to your inquiry about your bill.
The €19.92 was charged to your credit card based on items consumed in our bar.
In regards to the airconditioning, we are aware of the situation in some rooms and are currently working on improving this.
Feel free to contact me personally if you have any further inquiries.

Kind regards,

Nick van der Ploeg

Reviewed 8 August 2018 via mobile

Good location, accessible via train, tram and bus. We took the train from the airport which is just a couple of stops away and walked 8 mins to the hotel. Reception was friendly and we managed to check in early at 7.30am. Hotel breakfast is enjoyable.

Stayed: August 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 7 August 2018 via mobile

Average hotel not sure if renovated; free wi fi and bathroom amenities; helpful staff with immediate response to inquiries. Located 10-15 minutes away from Düsseldorf city Centre by car, available paid parking inside the hotel as well public paid parking lots around the facility. Sewage seems to be an issue as we could smell the clogged bathtub water because the flow is not wonderful. In room dining options; few yet for quick meal it does the job. I wasn’t impressed when I had to search for a piece of toy for my son as underbeds seem to be neglected since ages; that happened at night time and there is no way to call over for cleaning; I am hoping a thoroughly cleaning service will occur after this review!
Breakfast is average and serves the purpose؛ with a nice garden outdoor area.

Stayed: August 2018, travelled with family
RDusseldorf, Shift Leader Front Office at Renaissance Duesseldorf Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 9 August 2018

Dear Miesaa,

Thank you for your stay at the Renaissance Duesseldorf Hotel and your honest feedback. Providing the highest level of hospitality is our number one priority and we sincerely apologize for falling short of meeting your expectations in our Houskeeping & Technik department. As a teachable moment, I have shared your feedback with the Houskeeping an Technik team to ensure the necessary guidelines are in place. Once again, thank you for your valued feedback and we hope to serve you again whenever your travels bring you back to Duesseldorf.

Reviewed 25 July 2018 via mobile

I stayed here two nights as it looked like a reasonably priced hotel fairly close to city centre. Unfortunately the strategy is to nickel dime you at every opportunity so it end up expensive.

Good
Friendly fast check-in
Large room
Bath tub
Large bar area
Fairly fast WIFI if you pay for the premium and works in room

Bad
WIFI is a very expensive add on per day and only allows one device
Filthy carpet in corridor ( see pic)
Sink plug would not allow water out
Front desk did nothing to solve sink problem
Remote control for tv did not work due to prehistoric batteries corroded in (see pic) how could this ever be allowed to happen?
Breakfast almost ten times what i paid just down the street and quality was not special.
Price of food in bar was extortionate for what you got
Cost of drinks too high
No mini bar
Furniture and fitting dated
No proper shower, just stand in slippery bath with cold curtain
Aircon did not work and front desk didnt care.
Location a bit rough

I will never use a Renaissance hotel again

Stayed: July 2018, travelled on business
1  Thank Bertybign
102frontdesk, Front Office Manager at Renaissance Duesseldorf Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 26 July 2018

Dear Anthony L,

Thank you for choosing to stay at the Renaissance Duesseldorf Hotel and providing your honest feedback on Tripadvisor.

Providing the highest level of hospitality is our number one priority and we sincerely apologize for falling short of meeting your expectations. As a teachable moment, we have shared your feedback with the appropriate hotel team to ensure the necessary guidelines are in place.

Once again, thank you for your valued feedback.