“22nd Anniversary”

Ranked #57 of 237 Hotels in Dusseldorf
Gateshead, United Kingdom
“22nd Anniversary”
Reviewed 5 September 2013

Nice hotel clean and comfortable. The staff were very friendly and helpful and could speak english which was a great help to me as I can't speak any german. It is close to the tram and underground so you have no problem getting around. We were given free public transport tickets for the duration of our stay which was brilliant. Just round the corner is a bar/bistro called drei Raum which we went to for drinks and food. I discovered Flammkuchen which is really tasty. The staff were friendly and helpful and welcoming.

Room Tip: Didn't use restaurant or room service so can't comment. Just be aware there is a church near...
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
  • Finnish first
  • Korean first
Leeds, United Kingdom
Reviewed 2 September 2013

We have just returned from a very comfortable stay at this well situated and great value hotel. We dealt with several different members of staff who were all equally enthusiastic and helpful. They were delighted to explain the best way to get to various places and provided maps too.

Our triple room was very large, comfortable and spotlessly clean. It was well equipped, big screen TV, strong shower together with rather idiosyncratic decorations. Our room had some original paintings!

The breakfast was good value, bread a little dry though. The room safe did not work throughout our stay but the hotel were happy to keep our belongings for us. Despite these two small points, they were so helpful, printing off our boarding passes for no charge and providing free travel passes which saved us a fortune that I award five stars.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank Fizzpie
Ireland
Reviewed 18 July 2013

I really like this place. I have tried several hotels in Dusseldorf over the years but this place suits my needs the best.
The welcome and service is friendly and efficient. Rooms are very spacious and sufficiently sonically insulated from others in contrast to many hotels in the city. The in-room wifi works well and is free.
Transport card for VRR for the duration of my stay was included, but breakfast was not (but not expensive and typical buffet style, served in the top floor breakfast room).
Close to public transport links (trams to connect to network, or 2 S Bahn stations close by only one stop from Hbf), and only a 10 minute walk from Hbf too (a more pleasant walk is via the rear entrance to the station in my opinion).
I will return.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled on business
Staines, United Kingdom
Reviewed 17 July 2013

Everything was just perfect :)
Friendly staff, spacious and clean room, beautiful decor, great service
Location - just few stops from the city centre by tram ( tram stop 2 minutes from hotel)
We were there on May and when it is raining - public transport card for free is a big plus :)

• Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 1 July 2013 via mobile

We booked a couple nights here and arrived late at night. We walked from the main train station, which wasn't too bad.

They have old fashioned keys which you turn in to the desk on your way out.
We expected air conditioning, but there isn't any! At first we thought "oh crap" because it had been a super hot day, but surprisingly the room was relativelyccomfortable. We asked for a fan, which was waiting for us in the morning. Understandable that we didn't get it the first night since it was so late.

Wifi at this hotel is super fast. They give you a card that lets you ride local transportation for free, which is great.

There is a grocery store nearby which is good if you want to take a break from restaurants.

The bathrooms are pretty good. We had a triple room with 3 beds. The 3rd bed is children sized, but the room is bigger so it's nice even if you don't need a 3rd bed.

• Stayed June 2013
Wells, United Kingdom
Reviewed 20 May 2013

I travel regularly on business to Germany to attend exhibitions in Cologne. Whenever there is a major exhibition I have found not only the Cologne hotels are usually full but they increase their rates extortionatley!!!
I have found that its best to stay in Dusseldorf and get the train to Cologne.

From the airport there is a train into Dusseldorf city centre for under 3 Euros...
This train actually goes on to the exhibition centre if you are travelling onwards.
Anyway, the Hotel...
What a fabulous find it is, a war hospitable welcome and fantastic suite (book the triple room) its the about the same as a double anyway.
Large comfortable bed and the entire room fitted out to an excellent standard.

Situated in the Altstadt (Old town) it is quiet and friendly and easily accessible to anywhere in the city by taxi.

An excellent breakfast on the top floor sets you up for the day.

I have no hesitatio in recommending the Hotel to anyone, it is excellent value for money and I shall stay there again.

Room Tip: Book a triple room instead of a double
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Gorgeousgoa
Portsmouth, United Kingdom
Reviewed 3 March 2013

I only stayed for two nights as apart of a small break in Düsseldorf, I was with family, mostly older people.

The staff are really friendly, they seemed very happy to help. We arrived early and the room was not ready. The staff offered to take our bags and stored them safely until the rooms were ready. We did expect it was too early for check in as it was 9:00am. They gave us a warm welcome and gave us free travel cards for the duration of our trip, and we never needed to renew them. They also explained in detail where we were on the map and all the necessary tram links.

Location
The location of this hotel is probably a 10 minute walk from central station and a 10 minute trip on the trams into the town centre. It is near a main road but off a side street so you get no noise from the road at all.

For the price I paid this was good value. I think the biggest bargain was the travel tickets around Düsseldorf, that can be used for a lot of travel. Although a lot of Düsseldorf is very walk-able.

Sleep Quality
We were set around the back of the hotel in a massive courtyard, the sleep was excellent. The building seemed to be built very well so there was no noise from other guests or any other noise in general. Although the main road is near, it is also set in a safe residential area. It had a very nice and quaint feel to it.

Rooms
The rooms were brilliant. The walls seemed sturdy and blocked any noise, unlike most modern hotel chains. The rooms were also very large, including a seating area with sofas. Coffee making facilities, latest flat screen television. They were bright. I recommend anything going onto the back of the property. Although I am sure the front of the property is brilliant too. The power shower was also very good. My only real advice is be careful of the temperature of the shower as it is almost boiling.

Overall
I would definitely recommend this hotel. Overall I feel it is the staff and owner that make the stay. A brilliant hotel, with the novelty of free travel tickets. It was very clean and I feel there is no one that this hotel would not suit.

Room Tip: The rooms at the back seem good, but i am sure the ones at the front are fine also.
  • Stayed March 2013, travelled with family