“A classic Hilton experience”
Review of Hilton Duesseldorf

Hilton Duesseldorf
Ranked #28 of 240 Hotels in Dusseldorf
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 22 January 2012

We could stay here at a bargain rate, so for me it was excellent for the price we paid. However, if you pay the classic Hilton rate, you just get the classic Hilton experience, so then I would be slightly disappainted. (This is why I rate this hotel as "avarage", if "good" was an option, I would have picked "good").

Location is a bit out of the city center, yet within 5 minutes time if you take the tram. It looks like an excellent hotel for business: large conference center, spacious desk in room, comfortable working chair.

Check-in was efficient, room was bright and the hotel was very clean. Bathroom was small though. I didn't make use of the spa/fitness facilities, but they looked large enough for a business hotel. Bar area is nice too.

Breakfast was in a modern, airy room with lots of options.
One big plus: bike rental is for free!

So in general: a good, hasslefree stay for a bargain rate.

And one more thing: Hilton is truly the only hotel chain that recognizes the importance of a warm smile: everytime you pass by, you will be noticed and greeted, an important touch to make you feel valued as a guest!

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank T_Belgique
HiltonDUS, Personal Assistant to General Manager at Hilton Duesseldorf, responded to this reviewResponded 24 January 2012

Dear guest,

Thank you very much for your comments on your recent stay at the Hilton Duesseldorf. It is our pleasure to read that your stay was good and hasslefree and that you felt as valued guest.
We are looking forward to your next visit and until then remain

Reviewed 20 January 2012

I would say nothing was wrong during my stay. Personnel is very friendly and helpful. Hotel is clean, organized. Bar and restaurant, good breakfast buffet. Gym not very well equipped but still ok, with Sauna and solarium. Executive floor with a nice lounge, but also other floors have nice rooms. Service is ok. I will be back

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank lucabran

Dear guest,

Thank you very much for your review on Tripadvisor.com. We are glad you enjoyed your stay at the Hilton Duesseldorf and it is our pleasure to inform you that we will upgrade our gym during this year. As per Hilton standard we are obliged to renew our gym equipment on a regular basis.

We are looking forward to welcoming you in the future.

Reviewed 17 January 2012

I stayed at the property a year ago for one night. I arrived late, perhaps half past midnight. There was no one at the reception and I had to wait for 10 minutes after trying to get someone's attention from the back office to come out and help check me in. Otherwise the rest of the hotel stay was fine.

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled on business
HiltonDUS, Personal Assistant to General Manager at Hilton Duesseldorf, responded to this reviewResponded 19 January 2012

Dear guest,

Thank you very much for your feedback on your stay at the Hilton Duesseldorf. We are glad you had a comfortable stay with us but at the same time apologize that we kept you waiting too long at our reception desk. Please be assured that we take our guests comments seriously and your comment prompted us to reinstate the good old bell at the front desk at night.
We are looking forward to welcoming you back to the Hilton Duesseldorf and until then remain

Reviewed 6 January 2012

We stayed at this hotel for 1 day. the location is in the business district, so it may not be a good choice for the old city area. It is located ~10min from the airport.

the hotel was very clean and nice. The room was little small, but it has everything it needs. I am a HH Gold, so they provide me free breakfast, which was quite nice.

The staff members are very friendly and nice. One negative thing about this hotel is their parking fee. I think they charge ~20 euro per night. I think it is overly priced. I parked just outside on the street, and it was fine.

Overall, I would recommend this hotel to anyone. I would stay here again when I have a chance.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled with family
HiltonDUS, Personal Assistant to General Manager at Hilton Duesseldorf, responded to this reviewResponded 12 January 2012

Dear guest,

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your experiences on tripadvisor.com. We are glad that you enjoyed your stay at the Hilton Duesseldorf. Regarding our prices for parking we conduct regular surveys on our local market and would like to assure you we find ourselves to be competitive here. We are looking forward to welcoming you in the future and until then remain

Reviewed 4 January 2012

I stayed here at the end of December on a business trip and found the hotel fine for my needs. The location was great for me, close to the airport (free shuttle provided I believe) and convenient for me to visit my client.

Check in was efficient and prompt and I was upgraded to an executive room on account of my diamond status.

The room itself was of a good size with a king size bed and a compact but clean and well functioning bathroom.

The executive lounge selection of food was pretty good and never overly busy.

Room service one night was good but slightly expensive IMO.

Internet access was provided free on account of diamond status but is quite expensive otherwise,

Car parking cost was my biggest gripe at 20Euro/night. The car park was never anywhere near full and this seemed an excessive charge.

Staff were very helpful and all spoke excellent English.

I would stay here again if I were in the region on business.

Stayed: December 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank GeordieEngineer

Dear guest,

Thank you very much for your kind comments on your recent stay at the Hilton Duesseldorf. We are delighted that you enjoyed your stay with and that you would visit us again when in the region. We are looking forward to you next visit.

Reviewed 22 December 2011

I stayed here twice in December, and it's difficult to fault the hotel in terms of services provided as a business hotel.
The rooms are comfortable, clean and have a modern fresh look to them. They have nice flat screen TV's with a decent choice of English channels, comfy beds and desk chairs, and fast internet.
Location is a good compromise, the old town can be reached by metro or by a 3 km walk, but it also offers easy road access to the airport and major roads. The hotel provides a shuttle to the fair when it is in operation.
This property does come into question over value though. On my first stay I had a deluxe room including breakfast for €190. In my view this was poor value, especially considering the additional money spent in the expensive bar and restaurant.
The second time I stayed I took advantage of the December sale and managed to book an executive room at €140. The room didn't really offer anything of value over the deluxe room, however it did provide access to the executive lounge which provides excellent value. They provide snacks in the evening, which if you have a small appetite are sufficient for dinner, and they have a good breakfast in the morning, saving the cost of breakfast in the restaurant.
The parking is also expensive, but there is free on-street parking nearby (near the Radisson).
So there are two sides to value at this hotel, at normal prices it is in my view poor value, however if you hold status with Hilton properties which gives lounge access and can get a better rate, then it can be justified staying here.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled on business
HiltonDUS, Personal Assistant to General Manager at Hilton Duesseldorf, responded to this reviewResponded 7 February 2012

Dear guest,

Thank you very much for your detailed feedback on your stay at Hilton Duesseldorf. We are glad you enjoyed the comfort of our rooms while staying with us in December, especially that you mentioned our Executive Rooms with access to our Lounge as good value for money. Our valued HHonors Gold and Diamond guests receive complimentary upgrades to these rooms and of course access to the Executive Lounge so it is definitely worth enrolling to our HHonors loyalty program. Please contact us if we can be of assistance.

We are looking forward to your next visit to Duesseldorf and remain

Yours sincerely,

Torsten Weller
Director of Operations

Reviewed 17 December 2011

The location is very convenient to the airport, but it does require a taxi because the hotel does not provide a shuttle service. The staff was extremely courteous and helpful. I am Hilton Diamond, but did not get upgraded to the executive level the first night of my stay. The staff in the Executive Lounge was very nice and moved my luggage to an Executive level room the second night of my stay. The hotel was very clean and the room was fully equipped / functional. A little on the small side when compared to many of the other Hilton's that I have experienced. The wireless worked well and was complimentary for Hilton Gold and Diamond members. The only food that I tried was in the Executive Lounge and it was exceptionally good. The best part of the stay was the exceptional service from the staff in the Executive Lounge.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled on business
HiltonDUS, Personal Assistant to General Manager at Hilton Duesseldorf, responded to this reviewResponded 22 December 2011

Dear guest,

Thank you very much for sharing your feedback on your recent stay at the Hilton Duesseldorf via Tripadvisor. It is a pleasure to read that you enjoyed your stay with us and that you were especially satisfied with the service provided by our Execuitve Lounge staff. We are looking forward to another opportunity to welcoming you in the future. Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year to you and your family.