“Like Hilton”

Hilton Duesseldorf
Ranked #27 of 239 Hotels in Dusseldorf
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 4 March 2014

Easy to reach to hotel. 20 minutes far from old city by walking or transoprtation is very well to use. Very close to Messe exhibition center by tramway. Breakfast was very nice :) Rooms were clean and decoration was new.

Stayed: February 2014, travelled with friends
Anja R, Executive Office at Hilton Duesseldorf, responded to this reviewResponded 28 March 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your comments. We are delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us and our location. I look forward to welcoming you back very soon.

There are newer reviews for Hilton Duesseldorf

Reviewed 2 March 2014

Nice hotel. There was some construction going on when I checked in which was a bit annoying but they fixed that problem immediately. It's a 5 minute walk to the tram and location is pretty convenient. Hotel rooms were a bit small but I only stayed there for one night so it didn't matter.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled solo

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your kind comments. We are pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay. Please accept my apologies for the inconvenience caused by the construction.

We hope to have another opportunity to welcome you back very soon. Until then I remain

Reviewed 20 February 2014

The hotel is situated a five minute walk away from a tram line to the town centre. It is a modern building set amongst office blocks so lacks views or external charm. However, inside it is very comfortable. We had an executive room which had lovely views, a comfortable bed (except the terrible pillows), two chairs and a well appointed bathroom. The executive lounge offered afternoon tea of sandwiches and cakes, and evening snacks with a good selection of wine, beer and spirits. Staff in the lounge and on reception, were exceptionally helpful and pleasant. Breakfast in the restaurant was the normal buffet - perfectly ok if not exciting. Had not heard of decaffeinated tea though.

My tip for guests staying for a couple of days would be to get the Dusseldorf Card, which offers free transport as well as free entry to a selection of museums.

Room Tip: Ask for an executive room on an upper floor for a good view
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
Anja R, Executive Office at Hilton Duesseldorf, responded to this reviewResponded 20 March 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your comments. We are pleased that you enjoyed your recent stay with us and I am sorry to read that you didn’t like the pillows.

We look forward to hopefully welcome you back very soon. Until then I remain

Reviewed 14 February 2014

I just now saw it is ranked nr 42 in town, no wonder, wish i had seen it before.
Checked in and had to start unloading my bags alone, after a while the porter came. Entrance impossible to get into for large crowd of smokers blocking the doors, obviously hilton dusselfdorf does not care about that. Check in messy and bad, had to actually beg for room upgrade despite entitlement as honours member...
Room cramped and small, bathroom even smaller, so far very upset.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
4  Thank traveller12382

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your comments on your recent stay.

I was very concerned to learn that you were completely dissatisfied with our hotel and services and I would like to apologize for the disappointment and inconvenience caused on this occasion. Although our team makes every effort to render our guests' stay in the hotel as comfortable and hassle-free as possible, our efforts fail at times, as was obviously your case, and I deeply regret you had such an unpleasant experience outdoors, during the check in and in your room.

I hope to have another opportunity to welcome you back.

Reviewed 14 February 2014

First time I used this hotel. Bathroom was very very small, could not make 1 step without running into something there. Also shower was dripping. Bed was great, room temp as well.
Breakfast was very slow. Just 1 person cooking omlets in 1 small pan, took ages to get that done. Checkout was even slower. Checkout desk could fit about 6 to 8 staff, but on a friday morning checkout only 2 persons working, resulting in a long line and no priority HHonors in place (there was a sign, but not the service.
Staff very friendly.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank koekeloer

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your comments. We are sorry that your stay was not completely to your satisfaction. Whilst we cannot change the size of the rooms and bathrooms I am pleased to read that you liked the bed.

We greatly appreciate your comments concerning your experiences at the reception and breakfast, please be assured that I am going to follow up with the managers, in order to reinforce the quality and speed of our services in the respect.

I hope we have another opportunity to welcome you back.

Reviewed 6 February 2014

You get what you expect from this Hilton: it is a decent business hotel. The rooms are quite small and have been laid out so as to maximise space, and it doesn't work very well (eg not enough room for wardrobe doors to open fully as too close to the bed). Bed was OK, gym was sufficient (if small), and the breakfast buffet was alright (absolutely packed). I quite liked the bar, and the barman (excellent service) changed channels on the TV so we could watch the football.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
Anja R, Executive Office at Hilton Duesseldorf, responded to this reviewResponded 13 February 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your comments. We are pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay with us and look forward to hopefully welcoming you back very soon.

Reviewed 5 February 2014

Located just a few minutes by underground to the Old Town in Dusseldorf this is a nice business hotel. The rooms were nothing fancy and while the bathrooms were a bit small as noted in many reviews, it was nothing that would keep me from coming back. The area is mainly business offices and some residential so there's not much right by the hotel for restaurants, shops, etc. There is an underground station (it's actually street level) just a couple of minutes away. I never had to wait more than a couple of minutes for it and it's about 5 or 6 stops from the city centre. The executive lounge was very nice and the people working there were great. My only real complaint is that the breakfast was included in my room and they charged me for it. When I inquired about it the person on the phone was very ambivalent and not helpful at all. Currently pursuing this with my company's travel agency.

Room Tip: Ask for a room that doesn't overlook the motorway. It's not loud if you have the windows shu...
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Eric B
Anja R, Executive Office at Hilton Duesseldorf, responded to this reviewResponded 10 February 2014

Dear Eric B,

Please accept our apologies for charging the breakfast although it was included in your rate. Be sure you will get back your money, please contact us.
We hope to welcoming you back very soon, until then I remain