“Business hotel”

GreenLeadersBronze level
Derby, United Kingdom
“Business hotel”
Reviewed 8 June 2014

Stayed here while on a business trip. The hotel is well placed for the messe and has reasonable amenities and the breakfast is decent. Rooms are spotless and comfortable, having to pay extra for the wifi is a bit of a cheek especially as the room prices aren't exactly cheap.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Giles S
Anja R, Executive Office at Hilton Duesseldorf, responded to this review, 13 June 2014
Dear Giles S,

Thank you very much for your comments and we are happy that you enjoyed your stay with us.

We look forward to hopefully welcoming you back very soon, until then I remain with

Germany West

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (74)
  • Hungarian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
North Brunswick, New Jersey
Reviewed 27 May 2014

I stayed in this hotel for a second business trip. The hotel provides the standard amenities that is expected of any Hilton hotel. The reception staff is attentive, the rooms are well-sized and clean and the location is decent for business purposes.

The rates are quite high, and does not include breakfast or wifi, which again, was disappointing. Being an international traveller, these are important amenities to me.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank SATraveller25
Anja R, Executive Office at Hilton Duesseldorf, responded to this review, 30 May 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your comments. We are delighted that you generally enjoyed your stay with us.

We offer free WiFi in public areas to all our guests and complimentary internet for our HHonors gold and diamond guests. Regarding the prices for breakfast please be advised that we compare our prices on a regular basis on the local market.

We look forward to hopefully welcoming you back very soon. Until then I remain with

Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 22 May 2014

I stayed here a while back on my first trip abroad on my own and this time it was for business of which I had never been on a business trip, now all my business took place in Cologne however this was the hotel I was put up in, not one complaint however though.

The hotel was in a great location with multiple transport servcies surrounding it and this is just what I needed, the staff were very helpful, even though I do know a bit of German I struggled to understand the train times however the staff were nice enough to help me out and book tickets for me.

The hotel was spotless, a huge king size bed, sheets and towels changed everyday something of which I was very pleased with, as cleanliness is a big thing. I also did have room service which was speedy and presented very nicely. I couldnt complaint about anything about the hotel it was flawless all that I could ask for, thumbs up all the way, not to mention how speedy to Wifi was which was great for writing up articles.

All in all, this is a perfect hotel, everything you need is there or the staff will make it happen.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Plumby94
Anja R, Executive Office at Hilton Duesseldorf, responded to this review, 26 May 2014
Dear Plumby94,

Thank you very much for your kind comments and for complementing our staff. We are delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us and the cleanliness in your room.

Hoofddorp, The Netherlands
Reviewed 12 May 2014

Last week we stayed at this hotel for the second time in 3 weeks. The time before we stayed there Good Friday to Saturday.
We stayed in the Executive floor both times. The first time the lounge was closed due to the holiday, but as a compensation, we received 25 euro to use in the bar, free parking (normally 23 euro per night)
So we were pretty happy with the compensation given. Also we did not pay for the upgrade to the Executive floor.
The second time the lounge was open, but we were a bit too late to enjoy the Happy Hour, as we arrived only 20.30, and all the snacks were gone. However they did serve us a glass of wine.
Staff here is always friendly and helpful. The bar makes excellent cocktails and the rooms are nice.
I have not had any problem with the WiFi connection as experienced by Mete1977.
I do feel the parking is very expensive at 23 euro. But with the reasonable price for the hotel, it is bearable. From the hotel you are downtown in 5 minutes by car, or you can take the public transportation which is in walking distance.

Room Tip: If you can, stay in the Executive floor, free access to the Executive lounge with drinks and bites d...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Anja R, Executive Office at Hilton Duesseldorf, responded to this review, 14 May 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your nice comments and complementing our staff. We are pleased that you were satisfied with the service and facilities you experienced during your last two stays.

warm regards

Istanbul, Turkey
Reviewed 8 May 2014

Stayed two nights at the Düsseldorf Hilton. Generally the hotel is OK. Rooms are not large,but modern and quite acceptable.
The breakfast is very good, really enjoyed it.
My main problem was with the wifi connection, I could get neither my laptop nor my mobile phone to connect, and hence survived two days without internet.
Staff is friendly.
However the hotel does not have very extras, it is more a business hotell.
It is a short taxi ride from downtown, but not within walking distance.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Mete1977
Anja R, Executive Office at Hilton Duesseldorf, responded to this review, 13 May 2014
Dear Mete1977,

Thank you very much for your comments. We are pleased that you generally enjoyed your recent stay with us and the breakfast. I am very sorry that you couldn’t connect with the Wifi. I am currently undertaking actions with the provider to ensure that such a situation does not repeat itself.

We look forward to hopefully welcoming you back very soon.

Kind regards

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 3 May 2014

Good hotel. Welcoming and helpful staff, both in reception and restaurant. Room clean and quiet with good size bath. Breatfast good, though a little expensive at 20+ euro per day. Travel into city centre very easy with taxi or nearby U78/U79 tram stop on a direct route. Overall very happy with stay. Have stayed here before and will visit with this hotel again.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

1 Thank Chris S
Anja R, Executive Office at Hilton Duesseldorf, responded to this review, 5 May 2014
Dear Chris S,

Thank you very much for your kind comments and complementing our staff.

We are delighted that you enjoyed your recent stay with us and look forward to hopefully welcoming you back very soon. Until then I remain with

Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
Reviewed 3 May 2014

Stayed here for 3 nights in April, a mix of business and recreation. For business it has all the facilities you would expect and the location is good. For recreation we used the city transit cards - the tram stop is only about 3 mins walk through a good neighbourhood.
The room was very clean, a good size and ready for our early arrival.
The staff, both front desk and concierge were all helpful throughout our stay
Will have no problem in recommending this hotel.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank GOMS2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your nice comments and recommending us. We are very delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us and our location.

We look forward to hopefully welcoming you back very soon. Until then I remain

with warm regards