“Stable Hilton quality”

Hilton Duesseldorf
Ranked #25 of 239 Hotels in Dusseldorf
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 25 June 2014

No negative or positive surprise. It's a Hilton hotel so you can just count them on. Smooth check in/out, simple and clean room, good quality breakfast, friendly and helpful staff. All you expect is here. I came directly from the airport and it was 10-15 minute taxi ride. Probably a kind of an isolated area the hotel is located in.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
Anja R, Executive Office at Hilton Duesseldorf, responded to this reviewResponded 26 June 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your comments and your complements about our staff. We are satisfied that you enjoyed your stay with us and we would like to inform you that we are directly located between the airport and the city center and public transport is 3 minutes away.

Germany West

Write a ReviewReviews (1,386)

Reviewed 24 June 2014

-pretty good hotel overall -breakfast was very good -location so-so...a bit in the "middle of nowhere", but easy to get to the conference center and downtown via public transit -AC in the room didn't work very well, and was not addressed after several inquiries at the front desk -20 Euros for 24 hrs of "hi-speed" internet a bit steep...to call it hi-speed is a bit of a stretch too -but, overall value was pretty good, especially at the conference rate

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Dear Henry S,

Thank you very much for your comments and we are pleased that you enjoyed your recent stay with us. Regarding the air-conditioning I apologize for any inconveniences. We offer complimentary WiFi in public areas and our Hilton HHonors gold and diamond members get it free in their room too.

Reviewed 23 June 2014

This hotel was just what we needed for a recent conference in Dusseldorf. Able to walk to the Congress Centre and convenient to Old Town. We had a choice of walking, bussing, or taking the tram to the Congress but most of us chose to walk along the Rhine. Same with old town --- most of the time we walked along the Rhine and enjoyed the spectacular view. The hotel itself was great in helping us pick restaurants and being able to get around including determing the train schedule for short trips to other cities like Cologne.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts
Anja R, Executive Lounge at Hilton Duesseldorf, responded to this reviewResponded 25 June 2014

Dear Marc L C,

Thank you very much for your comments. We are happy that you enjoyed your stay with us and Dusseldorf and we look forward to hopefully welcoming you back very soon.

Reviewed 20 June 2014 via mobile

This was my second stay at this hotel.

I checked in for my 3 night stay and received an upgrade executive room on the same floor as the executive lounge (10th floor) I was also informed about the free wifi another benefit of being a HHonor gold member. Everyone who worked for the hotel were very friendly especially in the restaurant and lounge.

Nothing has really change since my last stay at this hotel a part from now you can have breakfast in the executive lounge unlike my last stay a couple of years ago...I still had breakfast in the restaurant. The gym and sauna seemed my own just as it seemed on my last visit.

Taxi fare is around €15,00 from the airport to the hotel. If want to taxi anywhere from the hotel there are always 2 or 3 taxis waiting at the hotel.

All together another great stay :)

• Stayed: June 2014
1  Thank Mark G
Anja R, Executive Office at Hilton Duesseldorf, responded to this reviewResponded 23 June 2014

Dear Mark G,

Thank you very much for your comments.

We are delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us and look forward to hopefully welcoming you back very soon - for a third stay at Hilton Dusseldorf.

Reviewed 17 June 2014

This is a traditional Hilton hotel: Good service, good quality, no negative experiences, but also no positive surprises.

Check-in was efficient.
The staff is friendly.
The room was good.
Sleeping quality was excellent.

The parking area was full. So we had to park at another hotel at a 10 minute walk. This was not very convenient.

The hotel lies in a university / business area.
Conference facilities are very good.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
Anja R, Executive Office at Hilton Duesseldorf, responded to this reviewResponded 20 June 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your comments. We are pleased that you enjoyed your recent stay with us and our conference facilities. We have 330 parking spaces and I am very sorry that they have been full.

Reviewed 17 June 2014

I stayed one night for business, in mid-June. I had mixed feeling about my stay:

The good: most important, the room was very clean and very comfortable, and I was happy with the stay. TV was new and fast, internet connection fast and reliable, and good for three devices, which was nice. Plenty of parking. The check-out staff were professional and efficient, and the executive lunge staff were very friendly and helpful, and there was an excellent selection for breakfast. Taxi's were abundant and always available.

The not-so-good: the only real down of a stay at the Hilton Düsseldorf is the location: it is nowhere near downtown, and a cab ride costs about €15, given that the city of Düsseldorf is currently one big construction site! For business, the location is perfect.

I did notice a few small things, that I think only regular Hilton customers would notice. They did not disturb me, but the hotel manager is clearly blind or inattentive! At check in, I had reserved a king room, and went upstairs to find a twin room. Upon clarification, I had gotten assigned the twin room because the king room was near the elevator and was noisy. That's ok, but it is something that should have been clarified at check-in, not after. After all, I still preferred the king room! The rooms next to the elevator are indeed noisy, but I am a deep sleeper, and I was not bothered by this. The bed was very comfortable. The check-out lady was very kind, and comped me my parking to compensate, which I thought was very professional. The sauna area is nice, but not manned at all! There were towels, deckchair covers, and bathrobes strewn about; and all deckchairs had been "used" but not made up again (the Hilton Düsseldorf could learn from the Hilton Berlin here!). The lockers appear to have key, but where one gets them from is not immediately apparent. The sauna area officially closes at 11 pm, but the clock in the area was either broken or had run out of batteries, and the time was permanently 7:35. It probably still is..... (one tends not to carry watches or phones into the sauna, so this clock actually is useful!). The room service was efficient, but the salt cellar was not only empty, but had no plug, so actually had to be empty (nobody noticed). There was only decaffeinated coffee in the room. None of these things impacted my stay, which was very nice, but that all the little "details" go unnoticed by the manager is not an encouraging sign of things to come. For a €200 room, one expects a little more attention to detail. Management needs to open its eyes.

1  Thank RoryMorty
Anja R, Executive Office at Hilton Duesseldorf, responded to this reviewResponded 18 June 2014

Dear RoryMorty,

Thank you very much for your comments. We greatly appreciate any feedback made by our guests and constantly strive to achieve the highest quality standards.

We are pleased that you were generally satisfied but on the other hand I was regret to read that we could not meet your expectations completely. Please accept our apologies for any discomfort you experienced during your stay.

We look forward to hopefully welcoming you back very soon. Until then I remain with

kind regards

Reviewed 11 June 2014

Stayed here business and have no complaints. It was clean and well kept. I guess if I had to pick one issues it would be paying for wifi. Other than that no complaints. The rooms were spotless and the bar had nice small meals.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled on business
Anja R, Executive Office at Hilton Duesseldorf, responded to this reviewResponded 13 June 2014

Dear D D,

Thank you very much for your comments. We are happy that you enjoy your stay with us.

We offer free WiFi in public areas to all our guests and complimentary internet for our HHonors gold and diamond guests.

We look forward to hopefully welcoming you back very soon!