Hilton Duesseldorf
US$136
US$120
Agoda.com
1,459 results
All reviewsthe executive loungeold townbusiness parkbusiness tripclose to the airportnice hotelcity centretram stopsmall bathroomchecking inan upgradeper daybreakfast buffetrhine riverstayed for one nightpublic transportmini bar
Reviewed 6 July 2014

I just came back from staying at this hotel for 3 nights with several of my colleagues. Someone else had booked us in for a conference we were attending.

I had done zero research on the city before coming so was a little uninformed of the city and surrounding areas. The hotel is located in what is, I assume, a business area of Dusseldorf since there were a lot of office buildings around. So I would also assume that a lot of business people stay in this hotel. This results in a couple of things: 1. there isn't much to do in the area. Just offices and nothing else and 2. everything at the hotel is more expensive. eg. 27 Euros for breakfast (!) and of course, only free wifi in public areas and you have to pay a lot for internet in your room (which I don't appreciate in this day and age where you can get free wifi in most hotels). I realize that I travel mostly for work and therefore the expenses aren't out of my pocket, but I still don't appreciate elevated prices for nothing.

Having said this, the room was good, clean and big enough. My colleague was complaining the bathroom was cramped, but I thought it was big enough: lots of counter space by the sink and a bathtub with shower. I also do appreciate getting a bathrobe in the room. I also completely forgot to bring toothpaste and they brought me a toothbrush kit when I asked.

I was located beside the elevators which are surprisingly loud as they move up and down, so I would recommend asking for a room away from the elevator.

Reception was generally polite and quick, although one of our colleagues who was leaving a day before us took 10 minutes just to check out. So if you are leaving on a weekday morning, leave plenty of time for that.

As I mentioned before, breakfast is 27 Euros, which I do count as a big ripoff. It was a bit better than a typical hotel breakfast spread and there was actually someone there to cook omelets if you wanted one. But if you're not a big breakfast eater and can get to some food later, you can skip this.

I would also be careful about using the computers in the business centre. It looks like it is well equipped in general. However, my colleague was using one of the computers and it cached her password on her work e-mail. When she tried logging out, it would not and her inbox was completely open for anyone who could get to that page (the history also couldn't be deleted). This was in the evening and so their person in charge of the business centre wasn't there, but hopefully they resolved this when we told the reception about it.

As I mentioned, it's in a business area so if you want to go somewhere more lively, you will need to go into town. There are usually taxis waiting outside and it will take about 9-10 Euros to get to the old town. Since I didn't look it up beforehand, I think there is actually an U-bahn that can take you into the city. Or it actually isn't even that far to walk, around 30 minutes, had I known.

I have to say still, in general, it was an ok stay and the hotel and the room are pleasant enough. Based on that, I'm giving it 4 out of 5 dots, but as I write this with my complaints, I wonder if I should rank this at 3 dots. In any case, I suppose you can say for a business stay, it is fine since people will live with the prices, but I would go elsewhere if it were a personal stay.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank GloJul
Anja R, Executive Office at Hilton Duesseldorf, responded to this reviewResponded 18 July 2014

Dear GloJul,

Thank you very much for your comments. We offer free WiFi in public areas to all our guests and complimentary internet for our HHonors gold and diamond guests. Regarding the prices for breakfast please be advised that we compare our prices on a regular basis on the local market.

We have checked our computers in the Business Centre and if you press the logout button all information of the user are deleted. I am very sorry for any inconveniences you and your colleague had.

We look forward to hopefully welcoming you back very soon.

Reviewed 6 July 2014

Located between city center and airport. Taxi ride to city center aprox 15 min. Same to the airport. Very good service. Room was spacious and light. Executive lounge very good. Opened from the morning till 23.00. You can eat and drink there from 18 till 19:30 or 20:00. Very close to Rhein river.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts
Anja R, Executive Office at Hilton Duesseldorf, responded to this reviewResponded 8 July 2014

Dear Cezary_12,

Thank you very much for your kind comments. We are pleased that you enjoyed your recent stay with us and look forward to hopefully welcoming you back very soon. Until then I remain with

kind regards

Reviewed 2 July 2014

I stayed here during the interpack gathering in 2014. The hotel is as you'd expect from a hilton. rooms and breakfast buffet are perfect.

The buffet offered in the restaurant in the evening wasn't especialy great for the price, so I prefered to take the tram (about 5 min walk) into the city center to eat there.

The hotel was well served by taxi even during busy periods which was great.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
Anja R, Executive Office at Hilton Duesseldorf, responded to this reviewResponded 4 July 2014

Dear Bill M,

Thank you very much for your comments. We are pleased that you enjoyed your recent stay with us and look forward to hopefully welcoming you back very soon. Until then I remain with

kind regards

Reviewed 1 July 2014

The staff at the Hilton Duesseldorf were excellent. Breakfast was good. They only have one restaurant but it is within walking distance to the metro. It was only a short 15 minute drive from the airport.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
Anja R, Executive Office at Hilton Duesseldorf, responded to this reviewResponded 2 July 2014

Dear Martha B,

Thank you for complementing our staff and for your comments. We are happy that you enjoyed your stay with us and our location and we look forward to hopefully welcoming you back very soon.

Reviewed 27 June 2014

Very good hotel for business conferences - clean, well maintained rooms, helpful mulitlingual reception staff, wonderful breakfast

One mark off as you have to pay for internet. Not alot to see around the hotel

Dear EJH15,

Thanks for your feedback! We are pleased that you enjoyed your stay and your conferences.

We offer complimentary WiFi in public areas and our Hilton HHonors gold and diamond members get it free in their room too.

We look forward having another opportunity to welcoming you back very soon.