“Very nice hilton”

Hilton Duesseldorf
Ranked #24 of 239 Hotels in Dusseldorf
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 25 July 2014

One of the nicer hiltons. As far as Germany goes...everything works, customer service really professional and great breakfast. Location not that convenient for the city centre, although walking by the river takes about 30 mins or 10 mins max. By taxi. Very close to the airport though. I have to say Germany is one of the places it really fulfils my idea of perfect breakfast and this hotel was no difference. Very nice indeed. Rooms very quiet ...I suppose it comes with location, further from the centre ...less noise.
The receptions was very knowledgable and gave me even instruction for morning run. Very happy with my stay there!

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
Anja R, Executive Office at Hilton Duesseldorf, responded to this reviewResponded 8 August 2014

Dear Annalocanova,

Thank you very much for your comments. We are pleased that you enjoyed your recent stay with us and our “Hilton Breakfast buffet”.

We look forward to hopefully welcoming you back very soon. Until then I remain with

Germany West

Write a ReviewReviews (1,385)

Reviewed 21 July 2014

I stayed here for a 5 days. And It was great time.
I come to dusseldorf for a bussines trip but I had time to visit city sights.
Everything was great: Staff, room, breakfast.
There is also a good bonus - free bicycle rent
I liked it.

Room Tip: Nice view on upper floor
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Anton P

Dear Anton P,

Thank you very much for your comments. We are delighted to read that you were very satisfied with your stay at Hilton Dusseldorf and we are looking forward to hopefully welcoming you back very soon.

Reviewed 13 July 2014

We stayed across a weekend in early July. With our Diamond Hhonors membership we enjoyed access to the Exec Lounge. This was quite crowded but offered a good range of drinks and snacks. Our bedroom was small and the bathroom very small but the stay was comfortable enough although the bed was too hard for our liking. We took breakfast in the main restaurant which was very good and it was nice to have the choice of outdoor seating on a warm summer morning. The hotel was able to extend our check out by a couple of hours which we also appreciated.

The easiest way to reach the hotel from the airport is by taxi. We paid Eur15-20 each way and the trip was just 15-20minutes. The hotel is situated on a business park which makes the immediate surroundings rather soulless but it's a short walk to the river and there is an efficient tram service 10 minutes walk away which takes you to the city in around 15 minutes.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
Anja R, Executive Office at Hilton Duesseldorf, responded to this reviewResponded 16 July 2014

Dear tint7003,

Thank you very much for your comments and we are happy that you enjoyed your recent stay with us. We look forward to welcoming you back hopefully very soon.

Reviewed 12 July 2014

Breakfasts. That's often the benefit of staying in a large hotel. The breakfasts have more choice and you're guaranteed an egg chef. Well there's that and the facilities.

I like Hiltons in general but this place is one of the largest I know and somehow they manage to make you feel welcome and not lost in space.

The bath tap needed instructions though. It you weren't careful you could easily have an accidental shower.

Dear David P,

We are happy that you felt welcome in our hotel and thank you for your comments.

Regarding the bath tap please be assured that we are going to follow up with our maintenance team and I apologize to you for the inconveniences.

We are looking forward to hopefully welcoming you back very soon.

Reviewed 6 July 2014

I just came back from staying at this hotel for 3 nights with several of my colleagues. Someone else had booked us in for a conference we were attending.

I had done zero research on the city before coming so was a little uninformed of the city and surrounding areas. The hotel is located in what is, I assume, a business area of Dusseldorf since there were a lot of office buildings around. So I would also assume that a lot of business people stay in this hotel. This results in a couple of things: 1. there isn't much to do in the area. Just offices and nothing else and 2. everything at the hotel is more expensive. eg. 27 Euros for breakfast (!) and of course, only free wifi in public areas and you have to pay a lot for internet in your room (which I don't appreciate in this day and age where you can get free wifi in most hotels). I realize that I travel mostly for work and therefore the expenses aren't out of my pocket, but I still don't appreciate elevated prices for nothing.

Having said this, the room was good, clean and big enough. My colleague was complaining the bathroom was cramped, but I thought it was big enough: lots of counter space by the sink and a bathtub with shower. I also do appreciate getting a bathrobe in the room. I also completely forgot to bring toothpaste and they brought me a toothbrush kit when I asked.

I was located beside the elevators which are surprisingly loud as they move up and down, so I would recommend asking for a room away from the elevator.

Reception was generally polite and quick, although one of our colleagues who was leaving a day before us took 10 minutes just to check out. So if you are leaving on a weekday morning, leave plenty of time for that.

As I mentioned before, breakfast is 27 Euros, which I do count as a big ripoff. It was a bit better than a typical hotel breakfast spread and there was actually someone there to cook omelets if you wanted one. But if you're not a big breakfast eater and can get to some food later, you can skip this.

I would also be careful about using the computers in the business centre. It looks like it is well equipped in general. However, my colleague was using one of the computers and it cached her password on her work e-mail. When she tried logging out, it would not and her inbox was completely open for anyone who could get to that page (the history also couldn't be deleted). This was in the evening and so their person in charge of the business centre wasn't there, but hopefully they resolved this when we told the reception about it.

As I mentioned, it's in a business area so if you want to go somewhere more lively, you will need to go into town. There are usually taxis waiting outside and it will take about 9-10 Euros to get to the old town. Since I didn't look it up beforehand, I think there is actually an U-bahn that can take you into the city. Or it actually isn't even that far to walk, around 30 minutes, had I known.

I have to say still, in general, it was an ok stay and the hotel and the room are pleasant enough. Based on that, I'm giving it 4 out of 5 dots, but as I write this with my complaints, I wonder if I should rank this at 3 dots. In any case, I suppose you can say for a business stay, it is fine since people will live with the prices, but I would go elsewhere if it were a personal stay.

1  Thank GloJul
Anja R, Executive Office at Hilton Duesseldorf, responded to this reviewResponded 18 July 2014

Dear GloJul,

Thank you very much for your comments. We offer free WiFi in public areas to all our guests and complimentary internet for our HHonors gold and diamond guests. Regarding the prices for breakfast please be advised that we compare our prices on a regular basis on the local market.

We have checked our computers in the Business Centre and if you press the logout button all information of the user are deleted. I am very sorry for any inconveniences you and your colleague had.

We look forward to hopefully welcoming you back very soon.

Reviewed 6 July 2014

Located between city center and airport. Taxi ride to city center aprox 15 min. Same to the airport. Very good service. Room was spacious and light. Executive lounge very good. Opened from the morning till 23.00. You can eat and drink there from 18 till 19:30 or 20:00. Very close to Rhein river.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts
Anja R, Executive Office at Hilton Duesseldorf, responded to this reviewResponded 8 July 2014

Dear Cezary_12,

Thank you very much for your kind comments. We are pleased that you enjoyed your recent stay with us and look forward to hopefully welcoming you back very soon. Until then I remain with

Reviewed 2 July 2014

I stayed here during the interpack gathering in 2014. The hotel is as you'd expect from a hilton. rooms and breakfast buffet are perfect.

The buffet offered in the restaurant in the evening wasn't especialy great for the price, so I prefered to take the tram (about 5 min walk) into the city center to eat there.

The hotel was well served by taxi even during busy periods which was great.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
Anja R, Executive Office at Hilton Duesseldorf, responded to this reviewResponded 4 July 2014

Dear Bill M,

Thank you very much for your comments. We are pleased that you enjoyed your recent stay with us and look forward to hopefully welcoming you back very soon. Until then I remain with