“Great stay”

Hotel Indigo Duesseldorf - Victoriaplatz
Ranked #3 of 239 Hotels in Dusseldorf
Reviewed 10 May 2014 via mobile

I'm a regular visitor to Dusseldorf on business, at least once a month for now 9 years!
First time I've stayed here, because the messe was on most hotels where I normally stay were either full or ridiculously priced.
This was more expensive than normal - but that's Dusseldorf for you!
But it's a great hotel, nice rooms, very pleasant staff and good location for me just a couple of stops to the altstadt and a few more to where my office is in little Tokyo!
I highly recommend

Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
Hotel Indigo D, Manager at Hotel Indigo Duesseldorf - Victoriaplatz, responded to this reviewResponded 14 May 2014

Dear Dave C,

many thanks for your fantastic review on our Hotel Indigo Düsseldorf-Victoriplatz.
We are so happy that you really enjoyed your stay with us.
We do hope that Hotel Indigo Düsseldorf-Victoriaplatz is always your first choice in Düsseldorf and we look forward to welcoming you back.

Sunny greetings from Düsseldorf

Reviewed 6 May 2014

This was my first stay in an IHG Indigo property. I booked two rooms to enjoy a relaxing evening with family in Dusseldorf before flying out of Frankfurt the following day.

Check in staff were very unfriendly, not even bothering to welcome us to the hotel or give the customary recognition offered to IHG Platinum members. Check in was also very disorganized with our room keys not having been prepared in advance. Once the keys were provided I had to return to reception TWICE as they did not work!

Wireless speeds were terrible, even after being given a 24 hour access code with "unlimited" speed rather than the default 512 kbps package offered. I see others have complained about this in the reviews as well.
The hotel occupancy was obviously very low and surprisingly we were not offered a room upgrade or any other sort of benefits.
On a more positive note, there are a number of nice pubs and coffee shops nearby as well as a small supermarket a meer 50 meters from the front of the hotel. The hotel bar is pleasant with a great drinks menu and friendly staff.
All in all we (party of 5) were very disappointed with the experience, in particular the front desk staff and poor services.

Reason for Visit: Family Time
Next Destination: Miami, Florida
Pros Location, Room Cleanliness, Bar
Cons Amenities, Recognition for IHG® Rewards Club Members, unfriendly staff

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
Hotel Indigo D, Manager at Hotel Indigo Duesseldorf - Victoriaplatz, responded to this reviewResponded 9 May 2014

Dear md3v,

thank you for being an IHG Rewards Club Platinum Elite member and for leaving us a feedback. We certainly apologize for the inconveniences you experienced over the unsatisfactory service you received from the staff. We are also sorry that the internet connection was not at its best.
I´m very happy to tell you that we will renew our wifi system in the next month to guarantee top speed wifi access.
We would be pleased if you could give us the opportunity to show you that we improved our operations and prepare a special treat for you as an IHG Rewards Club Platinum Member.

Sincerely

Reviewed 5 May 2014

I stayed here for one night and had a very good experience. The front desk allowed me to check in early and I was given a high floor. The room was clean and the bed comfortable. The only minor setback was that the thermostat runs on a key and when you leave you have to pull it out. It got quite hot while I was away but cooled down shortly after. The bartender was very nice and the drinks were good. A major plus was the proximity to public transport. The hotel is hotel a few stops away from Konigsallee and took about 30 mins to the airport (having to switch at Dusseldorf central train station). I also liked that there was a Rewe quite close so I could pick up some drinks and snacks. I look forward to a future stay here.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank JonathanM315

Dear JonathanM315,

we're more than glad you had a wonderful stay to want to come back.
I´m very happy to tell you that we will renew our wifi system in the next month to guarantee top speed wifi Access.
We'll be looking forward to your next stay with us.

Kind regards

Reviewed 28 April 2014

I don't know about this hotel. The location is away from anything a visitor may want to be close to. This is fine if you like to walk. The underground is easy to get to and you're in the centre in minutes.

This is the first time I've stayed with this brand and someone recommended that I check it out. It's trying to be hip and appealing to a trendy crowd .... Although I didn't see much of that crowd.

The rooms are spacious with a comfortable bed, good shower and functional bathroom. I had a great balcony with table and chairs. Watch how much soap you use because mine wasn't replaced in the three nights I was there. The coffee station has great Nespresso machine but you only get two pods. One lungo and one decaf. Problem if both of you want proper coffee in the morning.

Even more ridiculous is the wifi. It seemed to get faster through my stay ... or I got used to the speed. For a hip urban hotel it makes no sense to have to go down to the front desk to get a new code that expires every 12 hours. After not being able to check emails on the first morning, I had to get out of bed, get dressed and head downstairs to ask for my next voucher. I thought I'd be clever and ask for two so that I could stockpile my vouchers and have access the next morning. Didn't work - the voucher had been cancelled.

Took a look at the breakfast spread on the first morning but it looked fairly standard so went to Starbucks and then discovered a couple of cafés around the corner.

So I was disappointed and it's small things that management need to get right. Splash out a bit on those guest amenities, they make a difference.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled solo
Hotel Indigo D, Manager at Hotel Indigo Duesseldorf - Victoriaplatz, responded to this reviewResponded 5 May 2014

Dear Craig R,

thank you very much writing a review for our hotel. We are very sorry that we could not fulfill your expectations regarding your stay with us.
We are very happy that you liked our convenient location close to the city center and our vibrant design.
If you need more coffee capsules or bathroom amenities you always have the possibility to ask our staff they will love to assist you.
Because of the internet speed we are very happy to tell you that we will change our system this month to provide internet up to date to our customers.
Thank you very much for staying with us within the family & friends program and do not hesitate to contact us directly at the hotel in the future.

With best regards

Reviewed 14 April 2014 via mobile

This hotel was perfect on all levels. The room was large with plenty of lighting, as a platinum member I was offered an upgraded room.

The checkin and check out were both fast and efficient.

I ate in the restaurant both nights and found the food and service to be a delight, the menu was different but a very welcomed change. Whilst the numbers of eating guests was low, don't let this put you off. The service and quality were perfect.

The hotel really shone for me when I left my keys in the safe (schoolboy error!)... The hotel dispatched the keys to the airport, with no fuss.....

Overall a perfect hotel, easy to get to and very quiet. I walked in the centre with ease and enjoyed a long walk by the river - when I'm next in Dusseldorf, this will be my first choice of hotels..... If I had to ask for one thing to make my stay 150%, it would be for the free internet to be for 24 hours

Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
Hotel Indigo D, Manager at Hotel Indigo Duesseldorf - Victoriaplatz, responded to this reviewResponded 15 April 2014

Dear Chineham,,

WOW- what a fantastic comment!
Thank you so much for your great review and we are glad that you have enjoyed your Hotel Indigo experience.
We are so happy that we were able to overachieve your expectations and that you had an enjoyable and "tasty" stay with us.
We are looking forward to welcome you again as soon as possible.
Kind regards

Reviewed 12 April 2014

Great rooms, staff and evening meal. Free Wifi required a voucher per device for 12 hours then each required renewal. A modern hotel should offer a better, easier system....either no password or a simple password common to all devices.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business

Dear Richard S,

thank you very much for choosing our hotel for your stay and for taking the time to write a review.
We are happy to read your remarks about the design and the friendliness of the staff
Shame, that you didn´t feel comfortabel with the free WiFi situation.
For your next stay you have the possibility to get an 24 hrs voucher. Please ask at check in our colleagues at the Front Desk.
We are looking forward to your next stay.

Best regards

Reviewed 11 April 2014

Istayed in Hotel Indigo in March for 2 nights during a business trip. The hotel location is quite near to the city center (the Koenigsallee), which you can reach in 25-30 minutes by walking or with the tram (2 stations). Towards the Rhine river, there is a park - it's very nice to run along the river if you like doing that.
The rooms are typical Indgo style: Contemporary, stylish and certainly spacious enough. Averything is modern and works fine. The breakfast is standard, but ok. There is a Starbucks around the corner, if you really need that type of Latte macciate with everything. Parking is in a specified garage - which you have to pay extra.
Overall - very good value for money, all you need - certainly the right hotel if you are on a 100 Euro budget per night!

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business

Dear Asianexpert,

thank you for staying with us and posting your great comments.
We are happy to hear you feel comfortable at our hotel and that you embraced our newly renovated and colorful rooms that much.
Hopefully we may welcome you again soon!

Sunny greetings from Düsseldorf.