“Great hotel!”

GreenLeadersBronze level
York, United Kingdom
“Great hotel!”
Reviewed 12 September 2013

We stayed at the Radisson for my girlfriend's birthday for a weekend break. The hotel was very clean and modern. The room was fantastic, very big with a huge queen size bed and very large bathroom! When we arrived for breakfast in the impressive buffet room, we were greeted with a massive selection to eat and could have stayed there all morning sampling what was on offer! The location was nice, not far from the river which you could walk along to gain access to the old town. Overall a fantastic experience and couldn't fault anything! Look forward to staying there again in the future.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
Radisson_Scandinavia, General Manager at Radisson Blu Scandinavia Hotel, Dusseldorf, responded to this review, 18 September 2013
Dear Matt_8330,

thank you very much, I appreciate it. It was a pleasure to have you as our guest. I am glad to hear that you have enjoyed your stay with us.
Once again, thank you for sharing your experience with us and we looking forward to welcome you again.

Erich Bänziger, General Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (54)
  • Arabic first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Madrid, Spain
Reviewed 9 September 2013

Stayed at this hotel for the first time now, as I arranged a business meeting there with some colleagues. The hotel as such was just fine. Location is nice, very close to the river, though you need to either take a taxi or do some 35 min. walking to get to the "Altstadt". Breakfast was very good, with a nice variety of food. In general, the Arnold's restaurant is quite good.
When it comes to the meeting facilities and the service there, is can definitely be improved. Nobody ever asked if everything was going fine. And one day we had an issue with the airconditioning (did not work), which was not solved for hours, even though I asked several times in person to urgently take care of this problem.
Will for sure not arrange for any further meetings there.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
Dear Chirri_05,

thank your very much for your honest feedback.
First and foremost I would like to extend my sincerely apologies for the inconvenience during your meeting. I am sorry to hear of your dissatisfaction, and that your conference did not work as planned. Please rest assured that your experience has been duly appraised with the department heads concerned for their immediate review on the current services provided.
I am also sincerely grateful for your positive comments. I hope you will give us another chance if you are in the area and hope to see you again soon.

Yours sincerely,
Amsterdam, Netherlands
Reviewed 6 September 2013

Stayed there for two night and got a room next to the elevator. Minutes later I became aware of the intensive zooming noise of the elevator. How are guests suppose to sleep? I went to the front desk and ask for another room which was impossible because the hotel was fully booked. I was promised to get another one the next day and I got the instruction to leave all my stuff in the room where the staff should move it to the new room.
Fortunately I brought my earplugs with me and got some sleep. My fellow travelers who were in different rooms also close to the elevator also complained about the irritating sound of the elevator.
Upon arrival on the next day I received my new roomkey but my luggage was still in the old room. I went downstairs and got no apologizes but only a roomkey for the old room and do the transfer of the luggage by myself. Very unpunctual.
The rooms are great, with free wifi, perfect bed and a mini bar without (unfortunately) any diet drinks. Breakfast is overwhelming, really worth trying, but very pricy (24 E).

Room Tip: Avoid rooms close to the elevator (17, 12, 14 etc)
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Gulliver_Ron
Dear Gulliver_Ron,

thank you very much for your feedback. I would like apologize the disappointing service you received from our staff. Our team works hard to make sure our guests are comfortable and receive our best service. Thank your for your positive comments about the room facilities and the breakfast, I appreciate it. I hope for another opportunity to exceed your expectations if your are in the area again.

Paris
Reviewed 26 August 2013

It's my favourite hotel in Germany really ! The situation is amazing in a very green district near the Rhine : you can either walk along the river and reach the old town center within 25 minutes or take the metro line and be there in 5 minutes. The line is direct to the main railway station too. The airport is in reach on the other direction.
The place is lovely with a nice garden and an indoor swimming pool. These facilities as well as the rooms are very clean and comfortable. The rooms are big and functional and everything is done by the staff that you enjoy your stay.
The staff in the restaurant and for the excellent breakfast is very kind and professional : everyone seems to be at his right place and this means that he's at ease doing his job and able to establish a personal and decent conversation - with much humour and independance.
The reception is extremely thoughtful and does almost everything she can when you need an information how to reach cultural signts, even those which aren't currently asked for and they are also helpful with theatre reservations. Because of the great staff at the most important functions, the human atmosphere is unique, not only superficially friendly but really warm and personal, which is quite exceptional for a hotel of this size.
The laundry service is very good too and at reasonable prices !

• Stayed August 2013, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with Galahotels.com

1 Thank Beatrice D
Dear Beatrice D,

thank you very much for choosing to stay at Radisson Blu Scandinavia Düsseldorf and for taking the time to post this wonderful review. We are truly glad to have met your expectations, as it is our aim to make each of our guests feel at home. Our entire team and I look forward to welcoming you back soon

Yours sincerely,
Toulouse, France
Reviewed 21 August 2013

Nice hotel just across from the Rhein river in Düsseldorf. 15 minutes from the airport, and only 5 minutes by taxi from the city center.
Nice modern rooms, super comfy beds and pillows. Quiet, with a nice little garden where one can eat and enjoy drinks.
A definite plus: the swimming pool and jaccuzzi!
Enjoyed my stay here, great breakfast (with a chef who cooks anything from eggs to pancakes). Definitely coming back.

Room Tip: Have stayed on both the 4th floor and the 6th floor, they're both equally quiet. Try and get a r...
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled on business
Dear Yzjeff,

thank you for taking your time to write your comments on tripadvisor. It is a great pleasure for us to read that you felt comfortable in our hotel that you could enjoy the quality of our bed and completely relax in our wellness area! It is always a pleasure to receive positive feedback like this. Thank you again for sharing your experience and I hope your next visit will be as pleasant as the previous one.

Beringen, Belgium
Reviewed 20 August 2013 via mobile

The hotel is quite nice, has a good location just outside the citycenter and easy reachable by car. Parking space right next to the hotel, on walkingdistance 10m. The tram stops almost in front of the hotel, for 9€ you have a round trip for 2 to/from the citycenter. We had a business room, which was large and convenient, 1 issue especially for the IT lovers, we had only 1 plug working, so to charge 2 phones and a laptop was a bit difficult. The other sockets only worked with hotel equipment. The bathroom, very good size, rainshower was the best we ever had in a hotel. Airco didn't work very good, at night we had the intention it was automatically swiched off. Bed was not really comfortable. But I have to mention, the frontdesk does an excellent job! We were so impressed by their professionalism and quick reaction on our questions or issues we had, this made us feel very welcome. Breakfast is ok, but to call it a super breakfast is a bit exaggerated, restaurant decor very nice. For those who are interested, closeby is a Vapiano, very much recommended for the fresh Italian cuisine, in total there are 2 in Dusseldorf. We googled and we thought Dusseldorf has several Starbucks locations, but do keep in mind the opening hours if you want to visit one, we have stood for closed doors several times, though the websites mentioned they were open, even 2 Starbucks addresses didn't even exist, you just can be informed.

Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
Dear Tinnie_N,

thank your for taking your time to post this very kind and detailed feedback. I am more than happy to read that you enjoyed your stay with us.
I am sorry for the difficulties with the air condition. We are working on improving the entire system and have a far replace the cooling tower and the chillers. We will replace all the fan coils units in the guest rooms in the near future.
At least, you appreciated our service very much. I am truly glad that our hospitality met your satisfaction, I will share your comments with our team. We look forward to the pleasure of welcoming you back.

Hook, United Kingdom
Reviewed 16 August 2013

Hotel staff very efficient, knowledgeable & accommodating. Room spacious, clean and functioning. Breakfast bar was copious & sumptious. Outside eating a pleasure under the watchful eye of the excellent Roland & his staff and was good value. Facilities such as pool, gym & sauna were good. Only downside was that it was a little way out of the city centre attractions but a taxi rank was 20 metres of front entrance & fare was only £7.00!

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with friends
Dear Michael D,

thank your very much for taking your time to share your experience about your recent stay with us. We are delighted to read that you enjoyed and I would like to thank you sincerely for your grateful and positive comment. We hope to see you again soon and to host you as our guest.