“Wonderful Location in poor Hotel”
Review of Stage 47

Stage 47
Ranked #31 of 239 Hotels in Dusseldorf
Reviewed 27 May 2012

Location Excellet in Graf Adolf Strasse near Koinsalle strasse,supermarket,Haupbanhof main
bus station a lot of resturant and cafes.

the hotel is old building Outside and wonderful inside.

my room large , with big bed , uncomfortable pillows , big comfortable sofa.

the hote is safe and secure.

The staff were very friendly and helpful.

I like the bathroom nice decorate, The shower in the bathroom was the best I have ever used, very good rain shower head.

internet Wifi very bad hot spot every time you open you computer you must but the password.
the internet close every 2 hours if you want another password you should pay 10 euros.

i do not like my room decorate and furniture i do not prefer the black in the room i prefer
the white color.

The wood in the Furiture is excellent and thick but i think they should paint all the wood
closet ,TV tables (dresser) & Drawer .

the hotel not clean well i see fly ,spider in the bathroom.

the house keeping do not change the twoels you must ask.

expensive breakfast at 18 Euros per person.

few channel in TV and all in German.

Room Tip: Maisonette Suite
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 2 April 2012

Very pleased with it. Building itself is great, you can imagine it being a cinema. Rooms are decorated with a 'film star' feel, all black and chrome and glossy. Saying that, the wardrobe was a bit incongruous - it being a large wood one which stuck out like a sore thumb and did not go with the rest of the room at all?!

We (my husband and myself) went just before Christmas last year and stayed for 3 nights. It was centrally located for shopping, eating and drinking and we ate at THE most amazing Thai restaurant a minute's walk away. Staff are knowledgeable and helpful if slightly brusque.

Had breakfast only on one morning and it was average. No restaurant or ability to buy a snack.

The towels were probably the only big gripe. They were old and tired and thin. Looked like they had been washed a zillion times and really were only fit for the bin. Not what you expect in any hotel nowadays really.

Another issue was the bath plug. It let out water! My bath (which I fell asleep in) was nearly empty when I woke up!

I will post some photos when I find them on my computer. I don't think they really do the rooms justice though.

Overall, despite minor issue it was a very pleasant hotel and I would definitely stay there again and recommend it.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank 11Give-me-strength11
Reviewed 11 February 2012

Very lovely boutique hotel in a great safe location close to the train station. The rooms are very modern and whymsical, and so comfortable. Free wi-fi is great, but breakfast is kind of expensive at 18 Euros. All around, a fabulous place for a base in Dusseldorf, and I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank kpmirk
Reviewed 3 January 2012

My wife and I spent 4 great nights at Stage 47 over the New Year. Overall a very good experience. We had a maisonette suite and it was very comfortable although we switced rooms after the first night as we found the traffic noise a bit loud. Some people may not like the stair climbing but for us it was a good compromise.Comfortable bedding and good showers and the staff were friendly and accommodating regarding getting a kettle and ice supplies.
Also enjoyed the Sila Thai restaurant virtually accross the road.
One small bit of feedback for management: we had two fantastic flat screen TVs and although we didnt go to Dusseldorf to watch TV but the only English sleaking Channel was CNN maybe BBC world or Sky News!
Otherwise all good

Room Tip: Ask for a rear room no city view but silent!
  • Stayed: December 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 1 January 2012

We stayed here with the whole family (3 rooms 6 persons) between
Christmas and New Year.

The hotel has very nice, large and comfortable rooms. Nespresso machine in the room. Great beds (pillows are thin and soft).

Breakfast is rather expensive at €18,00 per person. There is however a Kaufhof at the other side ofthe road which offers breakfast at a very small price.

The hotel is approx. 5 minutes walk from the Koningsallee and 15 minutes from the Altstad.

Service depends on who is mananing the reception. Can be from grumpy to very pleasant.
parking is available but € 18,00 per night. Parking space of hotel is however very small. Alternatively you can parl at the Kaufhof parking on the opposite side of the street (I do not know what this costs however).

All in all excellent value for money if you are looking for a short city trip.

• Stayed: December 2011
Reviewed 19 December 2011

We are a family of 2adults & 2 kids aged 5 and 7 years and have just stayed 3 nights at Stage 47. I was a little hesitant after reading the reviews saying staff were so rude but was hoping for the best. We were VERY happy. The hotel itself is very small & boutique but beautifully furnished. We were booked in a suite but were happy to be upgraded to their very biggest room which was great with the kids. The rooms and decor throughout the hotel are lovely & the bathroom is roomy, using its narrow space well. The only negatives I can give the room is very dim lighting in the bathroom and very hard to pull out the drawer that contains the hair dryer. A gorgeous rooftop area that gave you great views over the surrounding rooftops.

The location was one of the great aspects as well. Only 5 minutes walk to the Konigsallee & 10 minutes walk to the old town and Christmas Markets. Straight across the road from the hotel is a McDonalds, Thai bistro & a donner kebab shop. Do yourself a favour & make sure you eat at both! Superb, some of the best Thai and one of the best kebabs we've ever had (even though this is not really what u normally want to eat in Germany).

Breakfast was a real highlight. A very small breakfast room but they served all we could want, small hot selection & the usual array of European continental choices.

The reception staff were very pleasant to us and answered any questions we presented them with. They didn't really put themselves out but I can't complain and they weren't rude. Maybe because we weren't expecting too much we weren't disappointed.

All in all, fabulous stay in a really nice hotel, we would definitely not hesitate to stay again and would happily recommend it to all our friends and family.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank LelaAbuDhabi
Reviewed 11 December 2011

A fabulous boutique hotel in a great location, close to the River and the old town as well as the famous shopping street. The room was excellent, very well designed with a great bathroom, we loved it. We would highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled with family