“awful customer service”

CENTRAL Hotel Dusseldorf
Ranked #162 of 239 Hotels in Dusseldorf
Reviewed 15 April 2012

Good location, never tried the breakfast, but poor customer service. There was a door damaged on our stay, on closer inspection, the door has been previously damaged and they had patched it up. So any little bit of force could have damaged the door again. Unfortunately, it was on our stay. The reception had no customer service skills, he accused us of being drunk (we wern't, we were out all day, came back to get changed to go out and get drunk) and started going on about we were from a different country so it's all our fault. They have now took a payment from my bank account without permission, for a faulty door.

Avoid this hotel in case any thing goes wrong, as you won't be able to do anything about it.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with friends
3  Thank Dan A

Reviewed 3 December 2011

We stayed here for one night so we could go to the Christmas markets. We were only a short walk away from Konigsallee (the main shopping street) and from there, another short walk through to the Altstadt.
The hotel was undergoing some renovations at the reception. The staff were all very welcoming and helpful.
The rooms were basic, but very clean. The bathroom was quite old but again, very clean. Our room was facing the street and there was quite a lot of noise from traffic, bin men etc. The walls are really quite thin too as we could quite clearly hear the fun that our next door neighbours were having!!
Breakfast was your basic continental spread, excellent value for money. The breakfast room was being renovated so we were seated in the bar, a bit pushed for space, but nothing too bad.
Oh, and the bed was really comfortable and the pillows not too bad at all!!

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 3 October 2011

I had to stay in Dusseldorf one night for a connecting flight early next morning.

This is a small, budget hotel, going through some renovation at the time I was there.

Rooms are small, but adequate. The carpets may need soon replacement, as they look very dirty.

Bathroom was renovated in my room, with very basic amenities. Staff very friendly, breakfast basic but good.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled solo
Reviewed 26 September 2011

Hotel location is really great, in walking distance from Duesseldorf HBF (Central Station). Rooms are clean and comfortable for sleeping. Bathroom is good, hot water available all the time, no need to wait, etc..
Breakfast is rich and fresh.
WiFi works everywhere - lobby, cafe, rooms, bathroom. And it works perfectly so you can even listen to Internet radio without clapping.
Special word about personnel - very kind and complaisant, ready to help any time with any question.
Special thanks to Vlad - a manager with infinite energy and positive attitude who was helping us with huge amount of questions everyday during our stay. If you want to know where to go/eat/drink/dance and how to find something interesting around and out of Düsseldorf - ask him and you get rich set of ideas for sure! :)

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank buzzic
Reviewed 23 June 2011

I stayed here first in November 2010. Was impressed with the value. No frills, but clean & comfortable with a good breakfast buffet.
I now stay here everytime I come to Düsseldorf.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 6 December 2010

stayed 2 nights at hotel central,staff were pleasant & oblijing,check in /out swift & easy,rooms basic but very comfortable bed & good shower.
resuarant
just for breakfast which was excellent for price we paid,plenty of choice & very good service
location
good location easy reach of airport,markets & the longest bar at night
value
Excellent

• Stayed: December 2010
Helikon1, Inhaber at CENTRAL Hotel Dusseldorf, responded to this reviewResponded 8 December 2010

Dear guest, thank you for a fair comment. All the best to you and hope to see you again soon. Wishing a happy Christmas and a good 2011 !!!

Reviewed 19 July 2010

Hi
This hotel is now called 'central hotel'
I stayed in July for 3 nights & booked it through HRS, the price was ok & the location was ok as well even if it was next door to a sex cinema,
On entering the room I found what appeared to be bits of dried blood on the bathroom floor, I didn't report it but just thought the maid would clean it the next morning but it wasn't cleaned in the whole of my stay, also the picture on the tv kept freezing until the last night when it give up the ghost, the shower gel provided by the hotel was the worst ever smelling shower gel !
The breakfast was ok but I had to ask for bread on one of the mornings !
the only good thing about the hotel was free wi-fi throughout the hotel
When I checked out my card had already been charged so they said thanks & goodbye but when I returned to the UK they sent me an email the next day saying that they had taken the liberty to charge my card 30 euro's because I had ripped a pillow, this was of course not true & not mentioned when I checked out which could have given me a chance to check it
All I am saying is beware & how many people have they done this to (probably because I didn't tip the maid so she may have ripped it)
I will certainly not be staying here again

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled solo