“Nice for airport overnight”

Holiday Inn Dusseldorf Airport Ratingen
Ranked #80 of 240 Hotels in Dusseldorf
Reviewed 24 April 2014

I stayed here April 19 2014. An overnight layover between the Canary Islands and Chicago.

Arrived at airport around 10:30. I followed signs to P3, as instructed by hotel, to NRW shuttle location. They operate till midnight. I was at the hotel around 11:30. Quick check-in.

Room 126 is roomy, clean and up to date style-wise. Bathroom is very nice. Tub drain was somewhat slow. Arranged for 6:00 am wake-up call and 7:00 am shuttle. Two shuttles awaited in the morning for a dozen or so riders. Back at airport by 7:15.

I didn't do Wi-fi, or breakfast. I simply wanted a comfortable night of sleep and shower rather than the misery of sleeping in the airport. The price and convenience were excellent. My travels will likely land me in Dusseldorf again and I'll gladly revisit this Holiday Inn.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled solo
There are newer reviews for Holiday Inn Dusseldorf Airport Ratingen

Reviewed 14 April 2014

I've stayed at this Hotel 3 nights during Prowein a Wine Fair.
The hotel was comfortable with spacious rooms, good wi-fi and good food (both breakfast and dinner).
The only problem is that is far away from the city and taxis do not come as often as needed. There is a free shuttle to the airport at it seems to be the better option.
I recommend if you have a car, cause the price-quality is very good.

Reviewed 10 April 2014

I have spent a couple of nights there during a business trip. The room was spacious, clean, and well-equipped. You can find also tea, coffee and an electric kettle in the room, but hided in the cabinet. The staff is absolutely kind and helpful at any time. The restaurant is recommended, I have spent a really good dinner time there. There is a free shuttle service between the hotel and the airport, it takes only 10-15 minutes.

The negatives are the high extra costs. You have to pay for the parking (9 €/night), for the breakfast, for the internet (20 €/24h). After a couple of days of stay you can easily double your final bill.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank davidabraham
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Dusseldorf Airport Ratingen, responded to this reviewResponded 26 April 2014

Dear davidabraham,

First of all, thank you very much for your recent stay at our hotel. We are glad to read you found our staff kind and helpful and the rooms clean and well-equipped. It is our goal to consistently provide superior service and accommodations at our hotel and your comments are very important to us. We take all reviews positive and negative very seriously, and your feedback will help us improve for our next guest or your next visit. Thank you again for your comments.

Connie D

Reviewed 1 April 2014

The room was clean and comfortable. We were going to be town for a night and needed someplace close to the airport. Not much else is around here. It's about 28 euro taxi ride into town and the nearest convenience store is a an inconvenient 4k away. A couple of other things; The hotel has NRW shuttle guests from the airport the hotel. My wife and daughter (13) walked ahead of me with the driver of the shuttle. He got the the van, opened the back and motioned to both of them to hoist up their own heavy suitcases. At that point I caught up to them took care of it myself. No tip for that jerk. He then proceeded to drive like a lunatic back to the hotel. Not a great start. The return driver was much better. On a side note, the hotel missed our wake up call...."did you change rooms? we have a different number written down". No, we didn't.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Traderjoey
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Dusseldorf Airport Ratingen, responded to this reviewResponded 17 April 2014

Dear Traderjoey,

Thank you for the review of our hotel. It is lovely to hear you found the room clean and comfortable. We just want to assure you that our hotel is very proud of its level of service, cleanliness and quality of its product. I am disappointed that we did not meet your expectations particularly with the shuttle service. Though we would prefer you had a better experience at our hotel, we would like to thank you for sharing your thoughts and we hope you give us a chance in the future to make up for your poor experience.

Again, thank you for your time and staying with us.

Connie D

Reviewed 16 March 2014

The hotel is approx. 10 mins drive from Dusseldorf airport. A taxi ride cost me approx. 11 Euros. I used the free shuttle bus from the hotel back to the airport.

The reception staff are friendly and made me feel welcome on my arrival. The room was of a good size with plenty of room for laptop and papers.

Internet access is expensive and the breakfast cost of 19 Euros is extortionate. Apart from that its a good hotel.

Room Tip: Get the shuttle bus back to the airport. They run frequently in the mornings but booking at the rece...
1  Thank farouqtaj
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Dusseldorf Airport Ratingen, responded to this reviewResponded 31 March 2014

Dear farouqtaj ,

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave us your feedback. Your comments are highly valuable to us and will assist us in our continuous efforts to maintain and improve the service level we aim for. I am pleased to know that you had a satisfactory stay at our hotel and apologize for the inconvenience the shortfalls you have encountered. I appreciate feedback that we receive, whether positive and negative to ensure we provide the best level of service and facilities that we can give to our guests. Thank you again for your review and I hope to have an opportunity of welcoming you back again soon.

Krysllin G.

Reviewed 14 March 2014

Stayed here for one night to be close to the airport for an early morning flight. Reception was friendly and quick with the check in. The room was very spacious and great to have a double bed again (as a single traveler I often only got a single bed in German hotels). Varied selection of channels to watch on the television and a small but interesting room service menu. Food ordered arrived promptly and was well prepared and enjoyable.

Location is really great as it is a short transfer to the airport with the complimentary shuttle (just remember to book up front).

A pity the wifi is not complimentary - as most hotels offer this free of charge but had to pay at the Holiday Inn.

Would have been great if there was a room service option for early breakfast as well but unfortunately breakfast is only available from 06h30 onwards.

Room Tip: Ask for a large bed
Reviewed 5 March 2014

I have been at this hotel several times before. The good thing is the closed location to the airport. In addition the good room rates. The breakfast buffet is very good and really nothing to complain about. A plus is that they have a smoking room section. :-)))
The staff is very friendly and helpful. The dinner I had was good. I recommend this hotel at any time.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Dusseldorf
Relexa Hotel Airport Dusseldorf-Ratingen
Avidon Art & Design Hotel
#66 of 240 in Dusseldorf
Sheraton Dusseldorf Airport Hotel
Holiday Inn Express Duesseldorf - City North

Been to Holiday Inn Dusseldorf Airport Ratingen? Share your experiences!