Visited the city last year with some friends and had a great weekend, so decided to go back as a couple and have another look (travelled on bank holiday weekend August 2013). My wife and I will definitely visit again. The hotel Courtyard Marriott was excellent value for money. When we arrived at the hotel we were given a room with a harbour view but on the other side of the harbour without the city view as well. I asked the reception staff if it was possible to change the room to the other side of the hotel and they did it within seconds. The staff were very helpful and the hotel was spotless. We had a room on the 5th floor with a harbour/city view. It looked great at night when the place was all lit ip. My only moan would be that the bed was to small for 2 people. In the first room we were taken to the bed was at least a queen size. When we moved the bed was probably a little smaller than a double!! The view and the rest of the hotel made up for that though. Its in a great location and the Altstadt is a very nice 15 min walk along the lovely waterfront.
The Altstadt is great for cafe's, bars and restaurants and even shopping along the Konigsalee.
Try a river boat trip, we paid just 12 euro's each for an hour and a half's boat trip which included all drinks! brilliant.
Will definitely visit again and stay at the Marriott. Love the town and the atmosphere and the food (currywurst my fav) oh one more thing I forgot to mention the Weissbier !!! You have to have the Weissbier!!
To many wonderful bars, cafe's etc to pick a best from however, the river front bar/cafe does a fantastic currywurst pome frittes and a great weissbier.
If it helps the cost of our weekend was 240 euro's in total. We flew with Ryan (flights were 40 euros each return) air to Weiss airport then got the train from there to Dusseldorf (15 euros each) then walked into the Altstadt (5mins) Had some lunch then taxi to the hotel (took about 3 mins 8 euros)
Hope this was helpful
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Courtyard by Marriott is a hotel brand of the group Marriott International. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Agoda, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Marriott, Priceline, TripOnline SA, 5viajes2012 S.L., Evoline ltd and Cancelon so you can book your Courtyard Duesseldorf Hafen reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Courtyard By Marriott Duesseldorf Hafen Hotel
- Courtyard Hotel Dusseldorf Hafen
- Courtyard Hotel düsseldorf
- Courtyard Dusseldorf
- düsseldorf Courtyard