“Second stay mixed feelings”

Hotel Villa Achenbach
Ranked #1 of 237 Hotels in Dusseldorf
Usingen, Germany
“Second stay mixed feelings”
Reviewed 30 June 2014 via mobile

We got to know the hotel through friends who live close by and loved it so much last time that we stayed again this time. The location is great, easy access to public transport and in a quiet residential street lined with huge trees. If lucky, you can even watch squirrels over breakfast.
This time, our room again was perfect, albeit a bit on the warm side. But, as apparently they were fully or close to fully booked, we had to make a reservation for breakfast and still could hardly find a space. We understand the facility for breakfast is being amplified, which is really necessary. Otherwise, the buffet offers a limited choice of cold and warm delicacies and coffee is great.
In a nutshell, we will come again, but only AFTER termkntion of amplification of the breakfast salon.

Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (52)
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Espoo, Finland
Reviewed 11 June 2014 via mobile

I booked a room to Hotel Villa Achenbach based on reviews. This hotel is simply great! It is truly beautiful, extremely peacefull and spotlesly clean. Staff is really putting a lot of effort to offer perfect experience for customers. Location is on a high end residental area walking distance from downtown and Altstadt. If you don't like walking trams are available one block from hotel or only couple of minutes by taxi. I honestly can't think anything to critizise about this hotel. You feel like you are a guest of royal family. Breakfast was extremely good also. I spend a lot of time on different hotels every year. In my books this little gem of a hotel is 5 stars. I don't even concider any other place when in Dusseldorf next time.

Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Mika_Tanskanen
Westlake Village, California
Reviewed 25 May 2014

We stopped in Dusseldorf for one evening to visit a friend while on our way to Berlin. Our taxi pulled up to Hotel Villa Achenbach, it's located on a quiet tree-lined street. The villa is simply elegant and our room romantic. My husband said that he'd never seen a room like this during his travels. We slept like babies and felt pampered by the luxurious accommodations. The next morning we had a delicious buffet breakfast in the beautiful villa dining room. If you happen to visit Dusseldorf and would like a quiet & romantic place to stay - the Hotel Villa Achenbach is a gem!

Room Tip: Room 35 is the one displayed in the brochure, it's exquisite.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Lisa B
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 17 May 2014 via mobile

Did not know about this Hotel before I arrived as it was booked by one of my colleagues. What a surprise! A beautiful Hotel. The rooms are Victorian in style and very we'll appointed. The bathroom is suffice and very clean. The Reception team are very professional and extremely helpful. A great nights sleep on a very comfortable bed. As a business person, breakfast is a very important meal for me and this Hotel did not disappoint. It is ver close to the tram which connects very easy to the main station. We'll done!

Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank William C
Reviewed 15 May 2014

Before booking I was wonder about the high ratings for this hotel. I did not pay much attention to that. But after arrival everything became clear. Great hotel, beautifully furnished, spacious and clean rooms. And the service - the first league. The ladies at the front desk nice and helpful at all times, patient and smiling. Over all standards. Special thanks to the owner for advice in choosing a restaurant. If I ever will be in Dusseldorf I would always reserve a room at this hotel. I highly recommend this hotel!
Artur

1 Thank Artur C
New Delhi, India
Reviewed 14 May 2014

Choose this hotel after reading the reviews and I was not disappointed. I have stayed at many hotels in Dusseldorf over the years but in room quality this is the best.

For 3 nights I stayed in room 24 which is a double room and very spacious. Victorian style decor is very charming and exactly like a boutique hotel should be.

One negative aspect of the room is that sound insulation is quite poor. I planned to stay in bed till late on the second day but the house keeping staff merrily vacuumed the carpet in the foyer area outside my room completely ignoring the DND sigh outside my room. Even the normal opening of the adjoining room's door can be heard crystal clear. So get earplugs if you plan to sleep till late.

It is around 15 min from Messe and Alstadt by Taxi. The main street has a few good restaurants and shops.

Descent break fast spread and prompt service.

Overall a good hotel and worth coming back to (with earplugs of course) !

1 Thank Amit P
Providence, Rhode Island
Reviewed 11 May 2014

We only had one night in Dusseldorf and I don't think we could have booked a more perfect hotel for the experience. The staff was very friendly - the manager even moved his car so that we could take his spot close to the hotel! Definitely above and beyond with service. Rooms were impeccable - traditionally decorated yet very comfortable, very clean and a modern bathroom. The tram is nearby, although we could walk downtown in 10-15 minutes. Breakfast was very good as well. I was here for business, but I think this would great for a romantic get-away. A beautiful place right down to every detail.