“Very good hotel and service, one bitter exception”

Am Zault - Das Landhotel
Ranked #54 of 240 Hotels in Dusseldorf
Reviewed 3 June 2014

We have stayed at this hotel for 4 nights at the end of May/beginning of June 2014

Overall, a great place to stay. Helpful and friendly reception. Good accommodation, clean and tidy rooms, nice garden, comfortable parking.

The restaurant deserves a special mention for overall ambiance, friendly service and exquisite kitchen.

One minor bitter thing was an attitude problem my family and I experienced from one particular waitress who was extremely polite to locals at the breakfast but didn't shed a smile at us foreigners. Don't know where we crossed the path for this oriental-looking woman, but the amount of frowning was difficult to tolerate. Great impression ruined by one person.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
There are newer reviews for Am Zault - Das Landhotel

Reviewed 12 March 2014

A few friends and I stayed here after a gig we had, we didnt stay much at the hotel, since we were out most of the time and we only used it to stay. Service is pretty decent, hotel is pretty clean, rooms are spacious and very clean as well.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 27 August 2013

I spent a recent weekend here and was impressed by the facilties, but will never, ever return to this family run hotel owing to a personal offense by the owner imposed upon me on the morning of the last day. During the weekend of my stay their restaurant was packed with groups, there was a seminar bieng held in the meeting room on a Friday nit, and on Saturday it appeared a weddng had taken place there. All events were efficiently handled by the staff, but being a foreigner there for the weekend, it seemed the staff was polite enough and helpful and yet, when it came to courtesy they (despite their fluency with English) just seemed too curt to be kind.
This hunch was driven home with a subtle slap in the face at 10:30 am on a Sunday morning when upon finishing my breakfast and returning to my room to pack my bags and checkout, I discovered my magnetic room key was inoperable. Checking the time, it seemed too early for this, but I just shrugged it off and returned to Reception to bring it to their attention while explaining that I was just about to pack, my bags and checkout.

I was expecting a quick apology and a recharge of the card, but what I got instead was a very blunt, "ah yes, herr guest that will be €212 please." Taken aback, I said maybe you misunderstood me, my bags are in the room and I need to pack them first and then I'll check out. To which the owner curtly replied, "of course, that will be £212 please, herr guest." Suddenly I realized that my bags were hostage until I had paid up, so I immediately settled the bill with a Maestro card and returned to pack my bags.
Ten minutes later, as I made my way past their reception desk to load my car, it took some restraint on my part not to hurl my room card in the owner's face.

Long story short, I did like their property, but insults are not my cup of tea.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled solo
3  Thank Ekeren
Reviewed 2 August 2013

For me it was a good location, close to the highway. Value was real good, especially with the free wifi and parking. The breakfast was edible but nothing impressive. The booking site I used said the room had A/C but I couldn't even find the thermostat. Also the blanket on the bed was barely big enough and I'm only 5'8" (1.7 meters).

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank murph085
Reviewed 30 January 2013

Stayed here for 2 days on a business trip, the booking was quite easy and reception was manned by efficient people (who knew English too). Check-in was done quite smoothly and quickly. Just at the entrance to the hotel there were 2 beds kept in the open (under the sky), it was not a pretty sight.
The rooms we got were on the ground floor, not a great view from the windows. The double room itself was quite spacious. There was a desk with TV and space for laptop. The TV was pretty big and offered about 6 English channels (all news channels). The beds were comfortable, but the pillow was very soft and uncomfortable. The shower was pretty good and clean.
The breakfast was pretty elaborate with a wide choice of fruits, breads, salads etc to choose from. There was some work going on the rooms and early in the morning we had to put up with the sounds of drilling which was pretty annoying.
On the whole pretty good , except that there is nothing really standing out.

Room Tip: Choose a room in the higher floor.
  • Stayed: January 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 22 June 2012

Just back from a very nice week on business at Hotel Am Zault. The rooms are OK, comfortable and functional with a nice bathroom. The food was excellent.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 4 January 2012

The New Years party was most enjoyable, the food was excellent, breakfast was also very good.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Dusseldorf
Haus Fabry
#7 of 10 in Hilden
Mercure Hotel Duesseldorf Sud
#87 of 240 in Dusseldorf
Kaiserswerth
Das Mutterhaus Hotel & Tagungszentrum

Been to Am Zault - Das Landhotel? Share your experiences!