“Good”

Hotel Bellevue
Ranked #57 of 239 Hotels in Dusseldorf
Reviewed 13 May 2014

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with BudgetPlaces

Reviewed 2 April 2014

This was our first time in Düsseldorf, and the Bellevue was the perfect place to stay. There were three in our party, and we'd booked a double and a single room, which were both great. Not the most modern-looking, but everything was very clean, and the beds/mattresses were super-comfy, and the duvets light but warm. As the hotel is on a side street, it was very quiet at night, and we got good nights' sleep for the duration of the stay.
The breakfast was plentiful (and included in the price - which is always a bonus), and included Nürnberger sausages, bacon, scrambled eggs, various rolls, toast, bread, jams, honey, nutella, cold cuts of meat, cheese, fruit, cereal, they also had fennel tea!!, tomato, cucumber, sauerkraut, etc etc. Everything looked fresh and tasted great. Lady and gentleman working in the breakfast room were very friendly.
Check in was a breeze. I'd emailed the hotel a couple of days in advance to confirm the booking and got a very nice email back, confirming everything. We were expected, and I didn't even need to tell them our names - the clerk already had our room keys waiting for us.
I only used the free wifi once, and reception/speed on the third floor was great.
On the morning of our departure, the lady at reception even printed out our boarding passes free of charge. She couldn't have been more helpful or friendly! During our entire stay everyone was really helpful and kind, and we couldn't have asked for more. If we're ever back in Düsseldorf, we wouldn't hesitate to stay at the Bellevue again!

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 1 March 2014

After booking our room on booking.com where we specifically asked for a NON-smoking, we arrived at the hotel and were given our room key. On opening the door to our corridor we were hit by the most over-powering smell of smoke, which travelled through into our room. Not usually complaining customers, we tried to deal with it; but after ten minutes it really was quite unbearable and so we went down to ask for another room. We never expected to receive such nasty staff treatment. The younger of the two staff members was more than hospitable as we arrived at the desk, however as soon as we told him our problem, all he said was "sorry, you were the last ones to book a 3 bedroom so..." and then ignored us as we stood there waiting for us to say something. We then went round in circles arguing with him saying we couldn't sleep there, and he told us there were no other rooms, apart from a 4 bed which we would have to pay the rather large extra. Thankfully his shift ended 5 minutes later and as soon as he left the older man simply gave us the keys to the 4 bed suite without asking for an extra charge!
This room was much more pleasant.
However the rooms have a rather cold feel as the floors are all wooden, lights flickered a little and take a long time to warm up.
The bathroom was lovely and roomy, with a great powerful shower- however it was impossible to squeeze shower gel out of the holder.
Quite impractical also, was that the bedroom door handle came out every time we pulled it shut!!

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 25 January 2014

If you need a basic clean hotel in Dusseldorf, this ticks the boxes. It is located on the main line from the airport, and you can catch a train from here to the Messe. I would say the walk to Dusseldorf Hauptbahnhof is about 10 minutes. A taxi to the Messe costs about €20.

The room rate includes breakfast. No particularly brilliant scrambled eggs, a bit too oily for my liking. The buffet includes fruit salad, muesli, yoghurt and a reasonable choice of cheese and cold meats. The fresh bread is wonderful and good quality.

The free WiFi works. It is not the fasted I have used, it is useable.

Good Points
- location
- price
- breakfast and WiFI included

Bad Points

The corridor outside room 112 is badly lit. The light comes on via a movement trigger. However when you leave the room and walk towards the exit, you are in utter darkness until you nearly get to the exit door. I would suggest the hotel fits another light near room 112 to solve this issue.

I was told that they had no double beds, only single ones. I got cold during the night and ended up using the second duvet on my bed to keep me warm.

I would stay here again in the future.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank Le_Scribe
Reviewed 10 January 2014

I booked this hotel very last minute as I had to add another night and my original hotel I'd booked wasn't available...so just moved both nights to this. The hotel is very close to the central train station and I got a great rate. It included breakfast which was also very convenient. The room itself was large, had a lovely and bright bathroom, and had free wifi (great fast speed I might add) plus I had a corner room so the noise was a minimum. I would definitely recommend this hotel and not hesitate to stay there again if I'm ever in Dusseldorf in the future.

Room Tip: Ask for a corner room if able
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank Rockgirl416
Reviewed 25 November 2013

I was staying during Medica exhibition week so the €300 price tag for a single room was unwelcome but expected! The hotel itself was clean, quiet and well positioned. There is a good selection of restaurants close by and if you need to get to the Messe the direct tram line is only 5 minutes from the Bellevue.
The breakfast buffet was excellent for such a small hotel and the staff very friendly and helpful.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Paul1810Mk
Reviewed 7 November 2013

The Bellevue offers comfortable, well-appointed rooms for around 50 Euros a night.

It is only 5 minutes' walk from Dusseldorf Hauptbahnhof, making it a great choice for business or leisure travellers.

There is also a good range of food available at the inclusive breakfast.

I have stayed here on 3 occasions and will not hesitate on doing so again on my next visit to Dusseldorf.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled solo