Das Carls Hotel
US$198
  • Restaurant
Courtyard by Marriott Duesseldorf Seestern(Dusseldorf)(Great Value!)
US$85
US$249
US$303
US$294
  • Restaurant
All reviewscarat hotelgreat locationold townrestaurants and shoppinginner courtyardnice breakfastbreakfast buffetchristmas marketyogurtsuperior roomnon smoking roomrooms are cleanstay there againgood sizecold cutswonderful hotelwalking distance
Reviewed 26 August 2013

Very nice hotel, excellently located. I stayed twice in room 103, on the first floor and looking over the market, so I had to keep the window closed and use the AC. A small room with a single bed, but quite confortable and well equipped. Breakfast with a good choice of cereals, yogurt, different types of cheese and spreads. A bit limited, for the hotel rating, the choice of juices and drinks.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
Reviewed 9 August 2013

We stayed here for 2 nights before heading to other places in Germany. Arrived into Dusseldorf about 6 AM and grabbed a cab to the hotel. It's nicely situated right near old town, so didn't need to rent a car. Upon arrival there was no room available, which we expected. They gladly took our luggage until the room was ready and invited us to have breakfast. Breakfast was the typical European assortment of breads, eggs, meats, fruit, etc. Very filling, there seemed to be something for everyone. We didn't leave hungry.

The front desk spoke very good English and told us about the area and what to see. Then they gave us a bottle of water each and off we went sight seeing.

Upon arriving back later in the day, room was ready and we got our luggage and checked in. WiFi in room worked well and room was comfortable. They also had candy and coffee to go in the lobby for those who didn't want to stay for a full breakfast.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank donutking1
Reviewed 6 August 2013 via mobile

Very good location for Dusseldorf old town. 15mins away from airport. Reception staff speak good English. Free WIFI. Room is OK, has AC, TV, mini bar, ok shower. Hotel feels a little dated, nothing special but fine for a business stop over at a reasonable price.
I would stay again if in the area.

• Stayed: August 2013
Reviewed 5 August 2013

The location of this hotel is excellent if Altstadt is your target.

I arrived early (about 11 AM) and stopped by just to store my luggage, but I got my room right away. Nice.

The room was small, but nice and clean. The room was facing a quiet road, and there were no problems with noise from the outside.

The TV was of the old type (CRT) and had bad pictures, but I wasn't in Düsseldorf to watch TV, so I didn't care.

The free WLAN worked flawlessly. The hotel also have a computer with a printer and Internet available for free. Perfect for printing the boarding card for the next flight.

The breakfast buffet was very nice.

However, the A/C unit in the room dripped water straight into the carpet and caused wet spots. I made the reception aware of this, and they should have a look at it.
The A/C continued dripping, and I asked the cleaning lady about it. She said that a little dripping was normal as it was hot outside (it was > 26⁰C outside).
I didn't fancy walking around on a wet carpet, so I strategically placed an empty bottle and the dustbin under the A/C.
In less than 24 hours, the 1 litre bottle was about half full. This is more than "a little" in my world...

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 4 August 2013

How disappointing to end our trip to Germany by staying at Carathotel. It is rated as 4 stars, but my family and I completely disagree. The rooms were drab and very humid, even with the AC on. We booked this hotel specifically because it was advertised to have AC, but it simply did NOT work well Maid service wasn't great as hair was left on the bathroom floor. At the most, this is a 3 star hotel.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family