“Great steak and a diverse menu”
Review of Da Capo - CLOSED

Da Capo
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
United Kingdom
“Great steak and a diverse menu”
Reviewed 22 June 2014

The service was friendly and a good casual atmosphere. We had steaks which were properly cooked meaining they used a hot grill to seal in the juices, and did not over cook them. The Thai-curry soup starter was nice and spicey. Dinner for two with the steaks and drinks came to 90 Euro which is not bad for good steak. You can spend a lot less if you opt for the pasta and other dishes.

• Visited June 2014
1 Thank HarryK92

• Finnish first
  • Turkish first
Horsens, Denmark
“Good Italian place”
Reviewed 14 June 2014

Were invited here during a trade show in Düsseldorf. Unfortunately this was the one evening where the city was hit by massive thundershowers, so I had to stay 25 minutes in the in trance at a local Netto supermarket, before being picked up by an agent, also going for the dinner.
The place is avery cosy and family-style place, with a traditional approach to the menu and wine selection.
I started with a pasta disk with a slightly hot sumo with pimento, capers and black olives. It was actually quite good, but the olives (which is not a prevalent part of the dish) could have fared better by not selecting standard black seedless olives - there are far better qualities available.
The Saltimbocca was OK, but suffered unfortunately from a common mistake - substituting the parma ham with i different type of ham - not necessarily an inferior quality, but for instance German ham, is much more salted than Parma ham. This made the dish far to salty to my taste. Our host chose an Italian wine (the last bottle in the cellar) which was excellent - unfortunately i forgot to make a note of it, but as it was the last bottle the loss should not be that great…
All in all it was a fairly good evening, and I guess it's only because I'm so much into Italian food, I will not go for top rating - but in my opinion you have to be true to everything - including the right raw materials to deserve full credit.
Still it is recommendable for a nice evening with some decent food.

• Visited May 2014
1 Thank LarsDane
Brussels, Belgium
“Cozy and good Italian restaurant”
Reviewed 6 May 2014

Really friendly atmosphere even if the restaurant was almost empty as we visited it, though it was Saturday night. Anyway our friends, who brought us there, assured us that Da Capo is usually crowded.
We had different ideas about the quality of the food: I took the antipasti misti which was in my opinion well done and tasteful, even if in an Italian restaurant I had expected more quality and taste for the mozzarella. At the same time I have to agree with my wife, saying that in an „Antipasti misti“ there is not so much to do wrong.
The gilthead I ordered was really top! Really tasteful with only a little bit of rosemary and lemon: exactly how I like it. Different was the opinion of the people eating pasta as main course: unfortunately it confirms my opinion that the pasta in the Italian restaurant in Germany has been germanized (too much cream and too much herbs).
The wine list was really interesting and we had 3 bottles (we were 4) of a delicious nebbiolo produced by Fontanafredda.
It was a really nice evening but taking in consideration the price paid I would not say that it was a „WOW“.

• Visited May 2014
2 Thank Naro1982
Puyricard, France
“A true Italian atmosphere!”
Reviewed 29 April 2014 via mobile

Just as we all imagine a good real Italian restaurant has to be.
Good food, good wine and a very good friendly conversation.
Benissimo!

2 Thank RitaeElmes
Singapore, Singapore
“High Performance on Cost”
Reviewed 27 April 2014

I visited this restaurant for dinner with my wife. The restaurant was spacious and we could be relaxed. We ordered toast with parma ham & cheese and the prawn with spicies for appetizer, and grilled salmon and beef steaks for main course. My wife and myself shared each other's plates and I tasted four plates. All of them were very tasty. Especially, prawns were very thick and chewy and that was very good texture for us. The oil of the grilled steak was also well balanced. The waiter (or the owner of this restaurant) suggested a bottle of white wine, and that was reasonable white wine (made in Friuli in Italy with approx. 20 EUR) which suited to our meals. The total cost fof two persons including a bottle of wine was approx. 110EUR, which was reasonable to the performances of meals and drinks.
This restaurant is highly recommendable.

• Visited April 2014