“Great accommodation”

Ranked #98 of 238 Hotels in Dusseldorf
Bratislava, Slovakia
“Great accommodation”
Reviewed 10 February 2014

I stayed here with friends during the weekend. Hotel is clean, nice, staff is kind and breakfast were really enjoyable for the little price. We had pretty big double room with nice bathroom, view straight on the square. Tram stop is just at the hotel, so you can get to the city centre very easily. Don't worry, you won't hear the tram.

Room Tip: Room 21 was big and nice.
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Drobec241
Centro H, Leiter Gästebetreuung at Hotel Schumann, responded to this review, 2 February 2016
Dear guest, thank you very much for your kind review. It's great that you enjoyed your stay with us. We would be your hosts again. Sincerely, Centro Hotel Group Team

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
County Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed 16 November 2012

I stayed here due to the location, but it would not be ideal if you were visiting Dusseldorf as it is about 15-20 minutes from the city (although the public transport is just outside). The hotel is clean and offers exceptional value for the rooms. The staff is nice but the level of English is not excellent. I was charged separately on my invoice for breakfast (which is meant to be included in the room price) and called back no less than 3 times to get a new invoice without breakfast, however it never came. I have since given up trying... If breakfast is included in the room price, then you should not list it separately on the invoice.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled on business
SLC
Reviewed 26 June 2012

Check-in was promising. It ended there. Our room had no power from check-in at 2:30 PM to the next morning at 8:00 AM. We informed the front desk, who said they would look in to it. Upon arrival from walking around town all day, asked for the wifi code from the front desk and returned to the room, plunged in darkness. No electricity. Called the front desk because the phone worked for some reason and he informed me that the electrician would fix it tomorrow. He couldn't have informed us while we spoke with him for 3 minutes at the desk? Next, the wifi did not work, which sent me back down to troubleshoot and have the front desk tell me he'd reset the router, which may or may not have ever occurred. Either way, we were unable to have a hot shower, find our way around in the room, watch television, or book our next night's stay online.

Bottom line - service and courtesy are dead at this hotel. I can weather lack of amenities, but blatant disregard for patrons is telling of a hotel's nature.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank Thomas W

Travellers are raving about these Dusseldorf hotels

Honolulu, Hawaii
Reviewed 8 April 2012

Location is around industrial area. However, price wise, this hotel is economical. Rooms are okay and accommodating for the price. Staff is definitely very courteous and helpful. Breakfast is average. Local transportation (tram, train) walking distance.

Room Tip: 2nd floor or higher away from the tram station.
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled solo
USA
Reviewed 15 December 2011

I have stayed here about four times so far. Nice hotel for the price I have paid, usually under 40 Euros for night. This hotel is not at the center of town but public transportation is right in front of the hotel.The entire hotel is non-smoking. Free wireless internet but a bit slow. Street parking is not a problem during my weekend stays. Breakfast was decent. Try the roast chicken stand near the hotel in the plaza.

The room is a little bit cold for me. I tried to adjust the thermostate but it did not help much. So is the hot water.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled with friends
Prague, Czech Republic
Reviewed 13 December 2010

I have stayed in this hotel only 1 night. It was my third night in Dusseldorf. Previous two nights I stayed elsewhere. I am glad, I have chosen this hotel for my last night in Dusseldorf. It is a but out of town. One can take U-bahn 74 or 77 from Duss. Hauptbahnhof and it takes about 14 mins. the stop is Holthausen and the hotel is located 50 m from the u-bahn stop. I have paid 30 eur per night without breakfast. The breakfast was on offer for extra 8 eur, which i did not take, as I had a flu and did not feel like to eat anything. There are few restaurants close to the hotel, and some grocery shops such as Penny market, or Rewe. The hotel has free wifi connection all over the hotels including the rooms. Room was very clean, and cosy. The only thing was that the elevator did not work when i came there, therefore I had to take my heavy case via straicase to 3rd floor as no other rooms were available on 1st or 2nd floors. I like the location, it is far from the busy center, but if you miss the center you can reach it in no time by u-bahn. I would stay at this place again if I will be in Dusseldorf. Nice little hotel.

• Stayed December 2010, travelled solo
India
Reviewed 5 September 2010

This hotel is not at the center of the city but 20min from main railway station. When I was booking the hotel it was given as a three star hotel, but when I was there at the hotel, it never appeared to be a three star hotel.

The staff was not up to the mark and took a long time before I could actually check in. The carpets on the way to the room were in fact very dirty with lots of strains. The room was looking good with a small sofa, chair and free internet. Also noteworthy to mention is a free bottle of water. But the walls were very thin and not sound proof and hence I was hearing the noise all night. Even some one walks on the corridor, the noise was audible in the room, which disturbed me the whole night. I was not able to sleep properly.

This is one of the worst rooms I have ever stayed in a three star hotel. I will never visit this hotel again.

• Stayed September 2010, travelled on business