“Nice Appart Hotel”

Derag Livinghotel Dusseldorf
Ranked #20 of 239 Hotels in Dusseldorf
Reviewed 28 May 2014

This Derag Living is very convenient for a short stay, the room is modern with a high quality bathroom and a fully equipped kitchen which enables snacking and cooking. Breakfast was worth and the staff answered quickly to my different requests.

Room Tip: 6th floor rooms for the light and the view
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo

Reviewed 26 May 2014 via mobile

Stayed for one night on a business trip and thoroughly enjoyed it.
I was on my own and the staff were very friendly in the hotel, and hotel restaurant.
The food was very nice, and reasonably priced.
I was on level 5 and had a lovely nights sleep. Someone I met at the office the next day advised they had also stayed there, but on the first floor and couldn't sleep because of traffic and tram noise.
Would definitely stay here again, so long as I am on a high floor.

Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 23 May 2014

Since I would be staying for 3 weeks, I liked the apartment in a hotel concept. The room I took was very spacious with a separate living hall area. Location is good as well. The front desk crew is okay and did a good job in booking my taxi every morning. Very friendly people.

Housekeeping is a disaster. First of all, "apartment in a hotel" rooms are only cleaned twice a week. That's okay for me. But when I put the sign (place card by the hotel) on the bed requesting for the sheets to be changed, they are not changed. I know because the sheets have a coffee like stain from the beginning.

The hotel staff on duty told me, they do not clean the rooms if I place the "do not disturb card" at the door. Common sense eh? Universal rule. Somehow, they still come into my room on certain mornings, turning off the lights, opening all the windows wide. I have also placed another card on the power switch keyholder to ensure the air conditioner is running so it is cool when I return from work in the afternoon. They just had the itch to remove it.

Yes, maybe germany is very much into going green and conserving energy. But if I am paying the full fare for the rooms, I do not understand why I cannot expect everything to be the same way as it was when I return with the air conditioner running.

Also when I give my clothes for laundry, they are not smart enough to leave a new laundry bag in the room so I can send my laundry easily for the next week. Something pretty standard.

Conclusion: Housekeeping gone wrong. Things they are supposed to do, they don't know. What they don't need to do, they excel in it.

In the course of 2 weeks, the fire alarm was triggered twice and we had to evacuate the building (as it is a fire alarm) and the fire trucks were all here. Heard from hotel staff that it was due to someone cooking accidentally triggering the smoke detectors.

Something interesting I realized, certain rooms in each floor act as a fire exit and automatically become unlocked when the fire alarm is triggered. In the middle of the night last week, the fire alarm was triggered causing a loud siren and my room door cannot be locked for about 30 minutes!

I am not saying this is a bad design. I believe it is a building protocol to automatically unlock your room door if it is a fire exit. BUT if you have a faulty smoke detector or someone cooking the way they are not supposed to, the hotel should take care to ensure it happens not more than one. It has happened twice during my 3 week's stay. Would you feel safe staying here?

They charged the payment for the 3 week's upfront. If not, I would have checked out and went to another hotel. Just not worth the price.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
5  Thank persil_man
Reviewed 13 May 2014

Good level four star hotel. Clean room, quite small, top quality bathroom, good quality at a good price. Location is a little further away from the old town, and bars and restaurants etc, but less than a 10 Euro cab ride away.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 13 May 2014 via mobile

Staff: not well trained (takes long time to find your reservation), not helpful bcz always referring complains or request to others who are not on duty..
Room: fine, TV, fridge, toilet is good, there are studios but are smelly (smoking)..
WiFi: free (medium speed)..
Breakfast: €18 (didn't try it)..
Parking : €15 (tight)..
Location: walking 15mins from center but there is 2mins tram station near, supermarket s are 2-3mins walking

Note: its nice hotel but the staffs changed my opinion 90% of my stay. I won't talk badly bcz really it wasn't bad stay..

Will stay in other hotel near the center..

Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 27 April 2014

The hotel check in is after 3 pm and the entire process was very efficient and fast. The walking distance to old town from the hotel takes about 10 – 13 min and you also have a tram station right in front of the hotel. I am rating this hotel based on German prices and standards and not in the global context. The hotel is very new, clean, well run but the room was very small and my bed was very small and compact (refer to images uploaded). The staff were courteous, efficient, professional, but lack the warmth you find in Asia or the States. I was satisfied with the wifi in the room and and great to see RT as alternate cable news. You get charged EU 15 per day for using the parking garage in the basement. Be warned, the parking garage is very compact and very tedious to get in and get out with very tight parking spots. They also have a small bar next to the check in counter that seems to be open only on the weekends. The cleaning staff do a good job at cleaning your room and every time I return the room was spotless. The check out was very easy and again very efficient. Great location and great prices during the specials..

Room Tip: The hotel check in is after 3 pm and the entire process was very efficient and fast. The walking d...
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 30 March 2014

A stay here on business. On check-in there was a mix up but they found me a room after a few minutes so no harm done. Staff on check-in were friendly and helpful.

The room was decorated to a high standard, the only criticism was that the bathroom had a slight smell of bad drains but as I was at a trade fair and in the room for a very short time I did not report this to the hotel so they may not be aware of the issue.

The hotel bar is great fun - cheesy 70's disco music and a good bar tender, best hotel bar I have been in for ages and we enjoyed a nightcap there both nights.

Breakfast was very good, a nice bright dining room, a good choice and good quality.

All in all very good. It is a 20 minute walk to the Altstadt so not so close but it felt safe doing the walk.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Sirbalkansobranie
Derag_Livinghotels, Manager at Derag Livinghotel Dusseldorf, responded to this reviewResponded 10 April 2014

Dear Guest,

thank you for your great review. We are thrilled that you had a great stay with us. We look forward to your next stay in our nice hotel directly in the citycenter of Dusseldorf.

Sunny greetings,