“Nice, functional hotel” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #24 of 236 Hotels in Dusseldorf
Budapest, Hungary
“Nice, functional hotel”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 July 2014

I spent only ine night in this hotel when I vsited Düsseldorf for a fair. The hotel is nice and very functional, my single room was small but comfortable. The breakfast was really great, an unusually big variaty of warm and cold meals. The hotel could be easily reached by tram, the downtown is just a few stations away. At the time of the fair the hotel was totally overpriced, but this was the case for all Düsseldorf hotels.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Derag_Livinghotels, General Manager at Derag Livinghotel Dusseldorf, responded to this review, 15 July 2014
Dear guest,

thanks a lot for your great review. We are happy that you had a great stay at our hotel. Also the team of the restaurant is happy that you enjoyed your breakfast in the mornings.

We are happy to welcome you again in our hotel soon.

Warm regards,

Asst. General Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (44)
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Teteringen, The Netherlands
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 July 2014 via mobile

What a great hotel right in the centre of Dusseldorf. Clean and large rooms with a great bathroom and all what you could want. Parking is also possible in the own car park for €15 for 24 hours. Breakfast is also great plenty to choose from. Will be back for sure.

Stayed July 2014
Derag_Livinghotels, General Manager at Derag Livinghotel Dusseldorf, responded to this review, 8 July 2014
Dear guest,

thanks a lot for your fantastic review. I am more than happy, that you had such a pleasant stay at our hotel. My team gives its best every day, so that our guests have a great stay. I look forward to your next stay at our Derag Livinghotel Dusseldorf.

With best regards,

Asst. General Manager
Helsinki, Finland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 June 2014

We stayed in an apartment for 2 nights with our baby. (Tip: it was not possible to book such a short stay at the apartment via the hotel website, but we asked for it by e-mail and got it OK like that.) The standard apartment was very spacious, clean and comfortable + quiet. The small kitchen had everything we needed. There was a travel type baby bed for our baby as requested. Location of the hotel was good as we were mostly waking around.

Positive surprises were the complimentary beers and waters in the fridge and also a small bath accesory/toy bag for our child. Air con was working well and was not too noisy.

The only thing that would make the room perfect would be a different kind of batroom door: the current one is made of glass, partly see through. I guess most people need some kind of privacy in bathroom/toilet... ;)

The apartment does not include a hotel breakfast but we had it on our departure day. Price 10 EUR / adult. It was well worth the price, much better than expected.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Derag_Livinghotels, General Manager at Derag Livinghotel Dusseldorf, responded to this review, 26 June 2014
Dear guest,

thanks a lot for your fantastic review. I am more than happy that you and your familiy had a great stay in our hotel. Hope to welcome you again soon.

With kind regards,

4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 June 2014 via mobile

Stayed here with my family (two adults and one infant) for two nights. We had a apartment room with small kitchen facilities and a baby cot for our son. The room was very well equipped and modern.

We ate breakfast at the hotel on one morning. They had a French theme week going on which was nice twist. Breakfast was good and service ok.

The location was brilliant. The area was peacefull. Walking distance from the river Rhein and from the old town and also from the shopping district.

Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Paris, France
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 May 2014

This Derag Living is very convenient for a short stay, the room is modern with a high quality bathroom and a fully equipped kitchen which enables snacking and cooking. Breakfast was worth and the staff answered quickly to my different requests.

Room Tip: 6th floor rooms for the light and the view
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled solo
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Chesham, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 May 2014 via mobile

Stayed for one night on a business trip and thoroughly enjoyed it.
I was on my own and the staff were very friendly in the hotel, and hotel restaurant.
The food was very nice, and reasonably priced.
I was on level 5 and had a lovely nights sleep. Someone I met at the office the next day advised they had also stayed there, but on the first floor and couldn't sleep because of traffic and tram noise.
Would definitely stay here again, so long as I am on a high floor.

Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 May 2014

Since I would be staying for 3 weeks, I liked the apartment in a hotel concept. The room I took was very spacious with a separate living hall area. Location is good as well. The front desk crew is okay and did a good job in booking my taxi every morning. Very friendly people.

Housekeeping is a disaster. First of all, "apartment in a hotel" rooms are only cleaned twice a week. That's okay for me. But when I put the sign (place card by the hotel) on the bed requesting for the sheets to be changed, they are not changed. I know because the sheets have a coffee like stain from the beginning.

The hotel staff on duty told me, they do not clean the rooms if I place the "do not disturb card" at the door. Common sense eh? Universal rule. Somehow, they still come into my room on certain mornings, turning off the lights, opening all the windows wide. I have also placed another card on the power switch keyholder to ensure the air conditioner is running so it is cool when I return from work in the afternoon. They just had the itch to remove it.

Yes, maybe germany is very much into going green and conserving energy. But if I am paying the full fare for the rooms, I do not understand why I cannot expect everything to be the same way as it was when I return with the air conditioner running.

Also when I give my clothes for laundry, they are not smart enough to leave a new laundry bag in the room so I can send my laundry easily for the next week. Something pretty standard.

Conclusion: Housekeeping gone wrong. Things they are supposed to do, they don't know. What they don't need to do, they excel in it.

In the course of 2 weeks, the fire alarm was triggered twice and we had to evacuate the building (as it is a fire alarm) and the fire trucks were all here. Heard from hotel staff that it was due to someone cooking accidentally triggering the smoke detectors.

Something interesting I realized, certain rooms in each floor act as a fire exit and automatically become unlocked when the fire alarm is triggered. In the middle of the night last week, the fire alarm was triggered causing a loud siren and my room door cannot be locked for about 30 minutes!

I am not saying this is a bad design. I believe it is a building protocol to automatically unlock your room door if it is a fire exit. BUT if you have a faulty smoke detector or someone cooking the way they are not supposed to, the hotel should take care to ensure it happens not more than one. It has happened twice during my 3 week's stay. Would you feel safe staying here?

They charged the payment for the 3 week's upfront. If not, I would have checked out and went to another hotel. Just not worth the price.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business