“Fantastic”

NH Duesseldorf City Nord
Ranked #9 of 240 Hotels in Dusseldorf
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 30 December 2013

Just stayed for the night, connecting on my way home. The room was huge, great bathroom, sheets and the duvet cover was amazing, I almost lost the plane as I decided to stay in bed as it was so comfortable . Check in/out brillant too. 6 minutes, 2 stops from airport.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Jose Eduardo B
There are newer reviews for NH Duesseldorf City Nord

Reviewed 17 December 2013

Perfect hotel for business purposes. I stay here always when I'm going to the Düsseldorf Exhibition centre. Breakfast is delicious and big selection, rooms are clean and comfortable. The location is not close to the Exhibition center, but this is Germany, public transport are superb... With tram and underground you can go around the city easily... or taxi as well.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 5 December 2013

We stayed here for 2 nights so we could visit the Christmas markets in Dusseldorf, Cologne and Essen. We had 2 rooms, each with 2 single beds. We had ample room and everything was really clean.

The staff were very friendly and helpful when asked for suggestions on things to see, transportation and they fulfilled our request for extra towels and bedding.

We did not eat breakfast at the hotel...the price is too steep. There is a McDs not far and the ride to the city center isn't far at all.

Easy access to transport and great value.

We paid $85 per night per room so we were pleased!

Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 28 November 2013 via mobile

Where do I start? The room itself, well there is more room in my dogs kennel small single bed with not Mitch else and it was very hot with no way I could find of turning the temp down, open a window no too noisy outside.

Woman on the reception desk was cold as ice should have put her in my room for a few minutes to cool it down!!

Now lets talk about the pricing of rooms, don't stay in the city when there is something on at the exhibition centre they all rip you off. If you want to get rich build a hotel in Dusseldorf.

Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank John L
Reviewed 25 November 2013

Overall the room was clean and reasonably well kept. A lot of little things bothered me. First, there was the smell of cigarette smoke in the lobby, elevators and halls. This is fairly typical of EU hotels as all the smokers linger right at all the doorways. But this is the 21st century and I don't like it. Second, the internet was very slow most of my stay. It sped a little on the last day but I had to get work done and it was a big hassle to have slow service all week. On top of that they use a ethernet cable system, no wifi, so while my PC worked I did not get wifi for my US based smart phone. So every phone text was $2 when it would be free if I had wifi. Again this is the 21st century. The TV was an old CRT - so 1990s. The bathroom supplies were highly scented like candy. The breakfasts here are a little pricey (as are all EU hotels) so I take the tram up a couple of stops toward the river and there are a lot of bakeries with great food and coffee. I will be somewhere else next year for my conference.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 23 November 2013 via mobile

Stayed here for two nights whilst visiting Dusseldorf, the NH hotel in the city centre was full so we opted for this hotel. On checking in we were greeted by a very rude member of staff who demanded a €50 deposit in cash with no please or thank you! The key cards to the room did not work and the door handle is extremely stiff, after going down to reception three times they finally sent somebody up to deal with the problem.
The room was clean and comfortable with everything you would expect from a four star, although there is no free wifi.
The breakfast was very poor, although the selection was good, it didn't taste fresh - the bread was hard and the yoghurt was some kind of powdered substitute. On our last morning there was a conference being held for postbank employees and the hotel staff appeared to be under pressure to clear the breakfast room ready for the postbank lunch, atleast three members of staff came over whilst we were eating breakfast and asked us if we could hurry up.
The location of the hotel is not so great, if you walk five minutes down the road you enter quite a down trodden area where I felt uneasy at times. There is a gas station across the road and one or two very average restaurants nearby.
This hotel is more suited to business travellers, it lacked charm and the staff appeared to be miserable and unhappy. On the plus side one of the reception staff gave us a free parking ticket which saved us about €50. Would not stay here again.

Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 19 November 2013

I stayed here with a friend when we travelled around Europe.
When we arrived we were welcomed by lovely staff who spoke good English and check in was very easy. When we got to our room it was very spacious with a bath as well as a shower in the room which was good because I like showers and my friend likes have a bath.
The area we stayed in was really good, it was near the main town just needed to go on the SBahn and then was a Lidl just opposite.
The hotel had a gym which I didn't use but my friend did and she really she said it was good and it was well equip. We didn't use the bar of the restaurant but they looked very good and the menu sounds lovely.
There was Wifi in the hotel but was only available in the lobby but this wasn't a problem for us.
Overall thoughts was it was very good and I would definitely stay again and we have looked at staying in NH Hotels in other places around Europe.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with friends