“amazing breakfast”

Auszeit Hotel Dusseldorf
Ranked #18 of 239 Hotels in Dusseldorf
Reviewed 5 November 2012

I've travelled a lot and have been in big, small, expensive, cheap hotels and this is the most complete breakfast I've ever seen. Displayed on a rather small surface they manage to bring whatever you can think of in an amazing variety. The quantity they can display is small but they refill without you noticing!!! You just have to see it because it's beyond describing.

The location of the hotel is rather far from the center but you can use a tram that stops 300m further but....... buying tickets is a disaster! Be sure to have lots of coins!! We were four and we couldn't buy a ticket on the tram because we could only pay with coins, no bills, no cards. Apparently geldkarte is sth else than maestro or credit card.

Room Tip: Try to get a room at the back, lot of noise at the front when you open the windows
  • Stayed: November 2012, travelled as a couple
SORATHotels, Manager Online Communication at Auszeit Hotel Dusseldorf, responded to this reviewResponded 6 November 2012

Hello mikLangdorp, thank you for taking the time to share with us details about your recent stay at the Auszeit Hotel in Düsseldorf. It will give us opportunity to review the areas that need to be improved. In the future we will offer tram tickets at the hotel. We hope you choose to stay with us in the near future and give us an opportunity to make your stay perfect. Kind regards, the Auszeit Hotel Düsseldorf · Partner of SORAT Hotels

Reviewed 28 October 2012

I stayed here for 5 nights. This hotel is located in a residential area on a busy street with the tram passing by nice and early at 5:30 am. The hotel is very comfortable and has probably the most extensive breakfast I have ever seen in any hotel, including the $400USD and up hotels. I tip my hat to the management for completing such a feat. I counted a whopping 62 toppings for granola alone! And the menu was varied from day to day. The cons on this hotel, as pointed out in other reviews, is that the street noise is pronounced. Furthermore, there are no other places walking distance to eat after the sun sets. Only speciality snacks are available from the kitchen. As a side note some of the offerings were very low carb and diabetic friendly. Due to personal reasons and being familiar with this style of cuisine, I was very pleased to see this. I pointed this out to the staff and recommended that they highlight these features on the menu as it could be good for their marketing strategy. The only other hotel I have seen with a flair for healthy gastronomy is the Movenpick. Overall, for the price I paid , I would say this represents a very good value.

Room Tip: Rooms away from the street, if available, would be an excellent choice.
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled solo
2  Thank Andrew2D
SORATHotels, Manager Online Communication at Auszeit Hotel Dusseldorf, responded to this reviewResponded 29 October 2012

Hello Andrew2D, thank you so much for taking your time to rate us on tripadvisor. We are happy that you enjoyed your stay with us in Düsseldorf. We are especially delighted about the positive rating on our value and service. We will pass this on to the team. And thank you for the tip to highlight some features on our menu. We hope to see you again. Kind regards, the Auszeit Hotel Düsseldorf · Partner of SORAT Hotels

Reviewed 18 October 2012

Having just returned from a 4 night stay at the Auszeit, I am happy to report that all the positive reviews are indeed true.

This little hotel is a gem. I was amazed with the quality of the services, how many there were for a small hotel, the breakfast (I am a chef, and have never seen such an extensive, high quality breakfast buffet ever), and above all, the service and courtesy of the staff. Everyone was only too happy to attend to my needs, to answer questions, to take the time to ask how my day was. Of note is Rene, who was utterly delightful, funny, courteous and who provided a level of service that can compare to that of someone who works in a 5 star hotel.

Thank you all for making our stay in Dusseldorf such a wonderful experience.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank DKGAmsterdam
SORATHotels, Manager Online Communication at Auszeit Hotel Dusseldorf, responded to this reviewResponded 19 October 2012

Hello DKGAmsterdam, thank you, your rating is a huge compliment for us. We are happy that you enjoyed your stay so much. Revisit us soon, we are looking forward to your next stay. Kind regards, your team of the Auszeit Hotel Düsseldorf · Partner of SORAT Hotels

Reviewed 27 September 2012

We got a room towards the big street outside. That means that you'll have a lot of noise from the trafic all night, even with the windows closed. The room is very hot even in the end of september and the beds are rather small and hard. That combination is not a hit. I did'nt sleep much last night.
If you get a room owards the garden I think you'll be satisfied with the oom thogh.

Room Tip: Try to get a room towards the garden!
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
3  Thank cala254
SORATHotels, Manager Online Communication at Auszeit Hotel Dusseldorf, responded to this reviewResponded 28 September 2012

Hello cala254, thank you for your comments. We are sorry that you had some items that we did not meet your expectations. But we are glad that we also exceeded some of your expectations. Please be sure to ask for a room towards the garden during your next stay with us, so we will plan to exceed all of your expectations. We look forward to welcoming you back to the Auszeit Hotel Düsseldorf · Partner of SORAT Hotels

Reviewed 12 September 2012

The hotel was extremely nice for the price we paid and had an excellent location with easy access to public transportation and the city center. Just a 10-15 minute tram ride and you're in the old town along the Rhein.

Stayed: June 2012, travelled with friends
2  Thank Rick L
SORATHotels, Manager Online Communication at Auszeit Hotel Dusseldorf, responded to this reviewResponded 13 September 2012

Hello hpscot08, thank you very much for your friendly comment. We are very pleased to hear that you have spent a good time in Dusseldorf and you found out location and room amenities convenient. We look forward to welcoming you to the city on your next visit. Kind regards, your team of the Auszeit · Partner of SORAT Hotels

Reviewed 5 September 2012

This hotel was absolutely amazing and I was so impressed! From the minute I entered, the smell of fresh lilies wafting through the air was enough to make me know I'd made the right choice! I was in Dusseldorf on my own for the night so was quite worried but the wonderful service and the comfortable room put me at ease!
The staff were so helpful in helping me find my way to the old town and they were very accommodating!
Would really recommend this place if you visit Dusseldorf!

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled solo
3  Thank orla f
SORATHotels, Manager Online Communication at Auszeit Hotel Dusseldorf, responded to this reviewResponded 6 September 2012

Hello orla f, thank you for your comments. We are very glad that you enjoyed your visit to the Auszeit Hotel. We are looking forward to your next visit to Dusseldorf and our property. Best regards, your team of the Auszeit Hotel Düsseldorf · Partner of SORAT Hotels

Reviewed 18 August 2012

My wife and I spent 4 nights here. The hotel is spotlessly clean, impeccably maintained with very friendly and helpful staff. It is primarily a bed-and-breakfast hotel (although evening snacks are available and there is a bar), but what a breakfast! The range of food available is absolutely amazing - the best we have ever seen in a hotel of any grade. The only slight downside is that the very modern design of the rooms features an area for clothes storage which we found was not quite adequate for two medium cases and to put out all of our clothes.

Although adjacent to a dual carriageway with trams running in the middle, our room was perfectly quiet. We travelled to Dusseldorf by train and used the - as always in Germany - fantastically well-integrated public transport system and walking to access the city and the main train station. There appeared to be be plenty of parking available at the hotel for those with cars.

We thoroughly recommend this hotel; it's a gem! It was amazing value, staffed by people who genuinely appeared to care.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
SORATHotels, Manager Online Communication at Auszeit Hotel Dusseldorf, responded to this reviewResponded 19 August 2012

Hello Scrope1, great to hear your stay was awesome. To read the sentence "it's a gem" is the highest praise. It is such a pleasure when we can share positive comments such as yours with the team. Thank you again for staying with us and your kind review. We look forward to welcoming you back to the Auszeit Hotel in Dusseldorf. Your team of the Auszeit Hotel · Partner of SORAT Hotels