“Fabulous Hotel”

Ranked #20 of 237 Hotels in Dusseldorf
Greenock, United Kingdom
“Fabulous Hotel”
Reviewed 29 January 2014

Hotel Favor was by far the best choice I made for our trip to the Christmas Markets 2013, we have been to Dusseldorf 6 or 7 times and this Hotel has everything spot on, location, comfortable modern room everything spotlessly clean, breakfast was amazing and we didnt miss one which is unusual for us, all the staff were so attentive pleasant and helpful We will certainly be back
Thank You for the best trip yet !!

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
West Bromwich, United Kingdom
Reviewed 16 November 2013

the location of this hotel is fantastic , 5 mins to subway, 15-20 walk to main train station if you want a nice walk, right in the centre for all your shops, 5 mins to your eating an drinking places

the hotel is very clean rooms are spotless, bed was loverly to sleep in,

the staff were all wonderful, the two ladies on reception were wonderful and very helpful

on the construction this is happening all over dusseldolf not just in front of this hotel, we never had any problems with this

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
Moscow, Russia
Reviewed 24 October 2013

Nice hotel in city center just a few meters from Konigzallee, very comfortable and modern room, freandly staff. Great deal of breakfast choice, everything is fresh and tasty. One wekness - reconstruction in front of the hotel from 8 till 20, noisy and loud. But in spite of this I recommend it as a perfect hotel close to main shopping street of the city

• Stayed July 2013, travelled on business
Vancouver, B.C.
Reviewed 8 October 2013

I liked this hotel upon checking in. It was located in a convenient location, a major shopping area and a 15 minute walk from the train station. I did notice a lot of construction near the hotel but as it was a weekend there was not a lot of activity. The sound-proofing in the room seemed fine. The hotel had a welcoming atmosphere, marble steps, a really nice breakfast room, and modern and clean rooms. The bathroom was a good size and the lighting was terrific. My only complaint of the room was the hardness of the beds as my shoulders and hands would become numb very quickly. The reason for my Poor rating has to do with the situation encountered after the weekend and the lack of management response. We were awakened around 6:00 a.m. by trucks pouring into the "platz" and unloading materials. After a while the building adjacent to the hotel and right next to my room had renovation starting. It began with hammering of some of the outside walls which continued for awhile but as I was going out, I didn't think much about it. The serious problem began upon my return to the room in the afternoon when jackhammering could be heard right through the walls. When it still continued by 6:00 p.m. I called down to find out if they had any idea when the extreme noise would stop. The front desk did not know. The noise continued and I called down again to be told that it would stop by 10 p.m. I indicated my dissatisfaction and wondered if there was anything that could be done, expecting that I would be offered a room change. Well, perhaps the hotel was full because I was only told that the reception desk was also bothered by the same noise and would call the police if the noise continued after 10 p.m. I expressed my hope that it would finally stop since it was so disruptive to my stay in the Hotel and that I would want to speak with the manager in the morning upon checkout. I was told that the manager would be left word and that I would speak with him. Unfortunately that did not happen. I would not recommend the Hotel Favor while all this construction and renovation is going on.

Room Tip: Stay away from 03 and 04 rooms while renovation is going on next door.
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
3 Thank JESVancouver_B_C_
Arad, Israel
Reviewed 1 October 2013

Needed a nice hotel in a convenient location for sightseeing during a 25 hour layover. Normally I do not spend as much as this hotel costs but it did not disappoint. Room and bathroom were in sparkling condition and well equipped including little fridge but not hot water kettle. Shower was fabulous and bed confortable. The only disappointment I had was I had requested an early check in but it was not available at 9am and they did not promise only said they would try. They did offer luggage storage and a public bathroom to use. The receptionist Vladi was fantastic. Our computer was stolen in Newark and he allowed us use of a computer, and recommended a faboulous Italian for dinner. He provided a very nice bag breakfast for the morning as we had to check out a 5am. He also ordered a taxi at a fair price which the driver kept to. Thanks again Vladi.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
Helsinki, Finland
Reviewed 23 September 2013

overbooked. The Hotel gave me one alternative hotel in the same region, the alternative was Central Hotel. You can compare Hotel Favor and Central Hotel yourselves, they are not similar. The hotel also wanted me to pay the difference in price, since the other hotel was more expensive. I complained about the alternative hotel and was promised that the hotel manager would call me the next morning. The hours went by and I didn’t hear anything from the hotel so I wrote them an email that I was expecting their phone call. Later the following night at 21.30 local time I got an email that they had “one final” alternative an airport hotel outside Düsseldorf and that I had 15 minutes time to accept. After a long workday I was of course already sleeping. The hotel made 2 mistakes, they allowed overbooking of rooms and it took them 10 days to inform me of this. Because of the trade fair in town, all hotels are fully booked. If I would have been informed earlier I could have reserved an alternative hotel in the same region, but now it’s impossible. In my entire life I have never got service this bad from any hotel, and I’ve traveled a lot.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
2 Thank Joachim M
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 15 September 2013

This hotel is a great base for shopping in Dusseldorf. It is on a small square with interesting new buildings and one old one. It is near the tram stop and right by the Konigstrasse and three shopping malls. The hotel is very new and small but well-run with excellent staff. The breakfasts are very good and served over a decent three hour slot. The room was very comfortable and well thought-out. Hotel Favor represents good value in a prime location.

Room Tip: Large double rooms at the front are lighter and spacious but there is only one per floor.
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled on business