“We will definitely go back”

InterContinental Dusseldorf
Ranked #6 of 240 Hotels in Dusseldorf
Reviewed 13 July 2012

We stayed here recently for 3 nights and had a really lovely time. The hotel is extremely clean and perfectly maintained. We had a Club Level room, and even our own little outdoor space looking toward the Old Town area. The room was very comfortable with nice storage, a great bathroom with nice bath products, and a comfortable bed. My only complaint about the room was the small, awkwardly placed television next to the bed, but that wasn't really why we were there so it didn't really matter. The Club lounge was great with plenty of space for relaxing and lovely snacks throughout the day. However, they really need to do something about the WiFi access from the lounge. You need to ask for login credentials every time you want to use it and they only last for 120 minutes; not what I expected when they said 'free wifi in lounge'. The staff were very courteous and helpful too.

The hotel is perfectly placed right on the nice shopping street and a short walk from the Old Town and all the sights that you would want to see in Dusseldorf. I wouldn't even consider staying somewhere else now.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 9 July 2012

Stayed 3 nights and had a perfect stay together with my family. Friendly staff, clean room, everything was just perfect. Will definitively return.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank Satissa
Management response:Responded 10 July 2012

Dear Satissa,

Thank you for this precise review and take care of your charming family.

Hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 1 July 2012

My wife and I spent 2 nights at the Intercontinental, as I had just completed a business meeting in another city, and I wanted to take some personal time in Duesseldorf. We thoroughly enjoyed our stay here. The room was quite, very modern and very comfortable. The bathroom was excellent! The staff was very courteous, professional and helpful. The hotel does a great job of adding the touches which may not be noticeable if missing, but you realize how much they add to your comfort. An example is having an umbrella in the room for your use!

The location is also perfect for a stay in Duesseldorf. It is located in the middle of the "Altstadt", near the Rhine River, and in the midle of some of the finest shops and restaurants in Germany.

My only recommendation for an improvement is the availabilty of wireless connectivity in the room at a reasonable price. Currently, wireless connectivity is available only in the lobby, and is very expensive (5 Euros for 30 minutes/24 Euros per day). My experience is that connectivity is expensive in Europe, but this is on the high end of what I have seen elsewhere in Europe.

The InterContinental will definitely be on my itinerary when I have the opportunity to stay in Duesseldorf in the future!

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank pmcgill2970
Reviewed 30 June 2012

I arrived at 22:00 on a Sunday evening, so a swift check-in was kind of expected and was duly delivered with courtesy and efficiency. My room was very quiet, very comfortable and a generous size - particularly the bathroom which had a modern bath and separate shower. One very strange quirk was the window between the bathroom and the bedroom with an integral ventian blind which appeared to be broken. This could be a major issue for anyone sharing a room with someone they are less than maritally intimate with!

Everything else was good - very comfortable bed, good night's sleep, quick and courteous check-out. I'd definitely stay here again and compared with London hotels the comfort levels were delivered at a very good price point.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 22 June 2012

I travel extensively across Europe and perhaps I've come to expect more from hotels, but seem to be getting less. On the positive side, the hotel is impressive and staff very friendly and the hotel is well located. On the negative side, 24 Euros per day ($32 dollars) for Internet is bordering on highway robbery. While (too many) hotels in Europe charge for Internet access, this is the most expensive I've ever seen. The shower and bathroom are very well done but I had water all over the bathroom floor from a drain that just didn't even seem to keep up with a shower stream set to half. Breakfast is OK as far as it went, but I've come to expect (especially in a hotel of this caliber) a selection of hot items such as bacon, scrambled eggs etc. While I understand most guests don't come to Dusseldorf to stay in their rooms, the selection of English language TV channels is a bit restricted. Would I stay again? yes but!

One last point, not really a complaint though. I'd just flown in from London where the hotel there had an IPod docking station. It was nice to be able to charge my IPod and listen to music.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled on business
Management response:Responded 27 June 2012

Dear Guest,
Thank you very much for taking time to share your review with us. We are happy to get your feedback to modify our service according the requirements of our guests.
Regarding your suggestions for improvement, we have some good news: By the end of August we will change our internet provider and Wifi will be available all over the hotel and rates will be reduced.
A wide range of hot breakfast items are presented at our open kitchen, you can find bacon, hot sausages, "Nürnberger" as well as pancakes, cheese tomatoes and baked beans. Our Chef is present to prepare all egg-specialities according to your wishes.
All of our Club rooms, located at the second floor, are equipped with IPod docking stations and I would recommend this category for your next stay.

Reviewed 14 June 2012

Stayed at the Intercontinental Dusseldorf last week and can honestly I have never had better service anywhere. The staff are very friendly and extremely helpful. I received attentive service from everyone in the hotel. The rooms are satisfactory, the shower was excellent as was breakfast. Great location great service great hotel.

• Stayed: June 2012
2  Thank GregLAus
InterContinental_DUS, Manager of Quality and Performance at InterContinental Dusseldorf, responded to this reviewResponded 15 June 2012

Dear Grey,
I am so happy to share this wonderful comment with the hole team. This is our motivation to continue offering perfect service.
Thanks a lot

Reviewed 1 June 2012

some intercon hotels around the world are top rate 5 star. this is one.
but be warned about the unisex gym and changerooms. be suprised to encounter naked bodies of all gender, shape and size,

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled on business
InterContinental_DUS, Manager of Quality and Performance at InterContinental Dusseldorf, responded to this reviewResponded 12 June 2012

Dear Garry H.,
I'm very sorry that you have made this strange experience. Hopefully you had a safe journey back to Australia.