I've stayed in many hotels in Dusseldorf and by far this is the best (see my previous reviews). Hotel is located across the stream of Ko ( the main posh shopping street). The hotel is near the tram stop which takes you directly to the Main Station.
The entrance is quite amazing. However the building is combined with a law firm so I think the main facade of the building doesn't belong to the hotel as there are no rooms overlooking the Ko. Anyway checking in was a breeze. I arrived about 11 and didn't had to wait for a room. The gentleman at the reception was very friendly and helpful. The best customer service in Germany thus far.
Being a IHG Gold member I used my points to stay here and was given an upgrade. The lifts are all made of glass so one can get a nice view of the whole hotel and lobby. My room was on the 8th Floor. The design of the hotel is quite quirky. Most of the rooms, including mine look inwards to the internal hotel.
The room is nice size with huge king size bed. I especially like this as most of the hotels in the continent is made up of single beds combined. The sheets are nice and also nice pillows. I like the bathroom with a nice bath and power/rain shower. There is a glass window next to the bath which overlooked into the bedroom. However there is blinds if one is feeling shy! Free wifi up to 2 devices.
The other good thing is guests can use Holmes Place gym located next door for free. This is a fully equipped gym with all the latest facilities. There is a connecting lift and door that connects the gym to the hotel on the 8th Floor.
I didn't try the breakfast but apparently it's the best in DUS
The location is the best, within 5 minutes one is in the old part of DUS near the Rhein with lots of bars and restaurants. Directly opposite you have all the big designers stores and shopping malls.
My best hotel here so far in this amazing city.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Man sagt, es sei DAS HOTEL "FUR KUNST UND KULTUR" AUF DER KO...Denn wer das InterContinental Dusseldorf an der Konigsallee betritt, spurt sofort die moderne Ausrichtung mit der Konzentration auf zeitgenossische Kunst und Lifestyle: eine Artist Wall mit 33 Namen bekannter Dusseldorfer Personlichkeiten, wie Heinrich Heine, Max Ernst, Clara Schumann und Joseph Beuys, schmuckt das 40m hohe Atrium der Lobby. Seit der Eroffung des Hotels 2005 wurde kontinuierlich an Kunst- und Kulturinitiativen gearbeitet, um die lokale Verankerung mit der Kunstmetropole Dusseldorf zu festigen und als der ,,place to stay" fur Kunst- und Kultur weltweit wahrgenommen zu werden. Das Luxushotel auf der wunderschonen Konigsallee ist aber nicht nur aufgrund der besonderen Architektur und Ausrichtung Hot Spot der Stadt: auch kulinarisch hat es Vieles zu bieten, so das Restaurant PEGA und die stylische bar fifty nine, deren Cocktails und Latte Macchiatos legendar sind...An Wochenenden rockige Live Musik meist bis in die fruhen Morgenstunden. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Booking.com, Priceline, Odigeo, Agoda, Ctrip TA, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Expedia, 5viajes2012 S.L., TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your InterContinental Dusseldorf reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Intercontinental Dusseldorf Hotel
- Intercontinental Hotel Duesseldorf
- Intercontinental Hotel düsseldorf