“Nice Hotel. I would go back”

InterContinental Dusseldorf
Ranked #5 of 238 Hotels in Dusseldorf
New York City, New York
“Nice Hotel. I would go back”
Reviewed 13 June 2014

I went to this hotel for business and chose this on because it was in the centre.

Pros:
Location is very central
decoration is intercontinental style (very cozy)
The Staff are friendly and helpful on the front desk and the concierge
The room is clean,very comfortable bed,nice shower and bath. I like that you have a choice of a bath and a shower.
They have a very nice gym and pool in the downstairs part of the hotel but you have to go outside to get to it as its open to the public too.

Cons:

The bar staff are rude.
When ordering a double bed room they give you 2 twins pushed together (which i hate)
The windows don't open - only open a very tiny bit

Its not a luxury hotel but its exactly what you need for a business trip.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (134)
  • Arabic first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Hopton on Sea, United Kingdom
Reviewed 10 June 2014

I stayed for 2 nights over a weekend. The hotel is very well situated in the centre of Dusseldorf and on the main shopping plaza/road. The car park entrance is at the back of the hotel, look out for Q Parking. It is 30 euros per day which I felt was far too much but this might be inline with what you have to pay for Dusseldorf. The lobby area is very light and airy and I was welcomed by happy staff with a big smile. I was upgraded and had a room on the 8th floor. Fabulous room with excellent facilities and a very comfortable bed. The rooms either face inwards, i.e. you look down on the lobby area (like mine) or you face out. The room was very clean and I was impressed. They have an excellent gym next door to which you get free access. Its open early until about 2300 (I think). Great pool and lots and lots of good gym equipment. Wifi was free for me but I was disappointed on the strength and found it hard to view pages. You can pay for it but I chose the free wifi which could be improved greatly. I didn't eat at the hotel as there is an abundance of restaurants and bars all very close by. The Allstad (old town) is about a 10 minute walk at most where there are lots of bars and restaurants. The metro is close by too. The Dusseldorf bus tour bus stop is also close by if you want to do some sightseeing. I was going to take the open top bus tour of Dusseldorf but it was always full and be warned it can be very busy and on a hot day, you do not want to be on the lower deck in the heat! So a walk down to the river and Allstad was ok. I did have a few beers in the hotel bar which was small but fine. All in all an excellent hotel, good recognition of Priority Club members/Ambassadors. Well located and definitely recommended.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank scopie100
Tuticorin, India
Reviewed 7 June 2014

I had a wonderful experience during my stay on May 19th. I chose for a night stay to have a meeting as this hotel is in middle of Dusseldorf city. Location was great. 25 Min drive from Airport, 5 min drive from main Train station.

About the room: Very neat and very clean rooms. Rooms were spacious with Coffee maker, Iron board, seperate work desk, and i got free internet. Bed was comfortable and i had a very nice deep sleep. Toilet was spacious and very clean. Shower design was unique which i dont find in many places.

Restaurant: I had oppurtunity to have Breakfast in Groundfloor. Wide varities of food. They provide Omlet based on your option, which is added option. Breakfast food taste was good.

Staff are all very friendly

Beautiful lobby and artrium

Lugano, Switzerland
Reviewed 3 June 2014

For business I stayed at this hotel just for 1 night. My room was on the second floor so I had access to the business facilities as well as for breakfast and other snacks during the day. The hotel is closed to everything, near the shopping street and closed enough to the old town, I walked there and he took me 5 minutes. I must admit it is one of the convinient business hotel I ever stayed, excellent value for money! You must try the bar and ask for Elisabeth an excellent bartender.

Perth, Australia
Reviewed 2 June 2014

Having left the hotel after just under a week staying in a suite there are a couple of things I would like to express, firstly congratulations on a great bunch of enthusiastic young staff who appear to love what they do, you can't buy that attitude and we encounterd it so many times, executive floor, concierge, doorman, even our babysitter!!!!!!!!

Unfortunately there are a couple of negative comments, I think a family of three staying in a suite need more than a small bottle of water????!!!!!!

In addition we found that the food in the club lounge wasn't acceptable on a couple of occasions! I tried a cheese cake, took a mouthful and it was frozen. I also encounterd my worst French toast I have ever had !!!!! My husband had poached eggs that were terrible. These are basic items I honestly couldn't believe how you could get them so wrong!!!!!!!!!

We also found the water would run hot and cold which can be dangerous when children are having a shower.

Besides theses couple of comments, we loved the location of the hotel, there's no better location in Dusseldorf.

Room Tip: Get a room on high floor away from Tram noise
4 Thank DaisyO2014
InterContinental_DUS, Manager of Quality and Performance at InterContinental Dusseldorf, responded to this review, 6 June 2014
​Dear ​Daisy,

thank you so much for taking the time to let us know about you experiences during your recent stay. You are so right, we are proud to have a fantastic team of young and enthusiastic professionals which really love their job.

Please take our sincere apologies regarding your visit at our Club Lounge. It seems that we have not been able to provide you with the usually high standard of food at this outlet. In the meantime I have analysed your observations with our Executive Chief and improvement measures​ have already been taken.

Thank you for mentioning the ​hot and cold running water​. We immediately controlled the water management system on all floors, finding that everything is working properly. Nevertheless those remarks help us a lot to ensure our guest safety.

Thank you again for staying with us ​at the InterContinental Düsseldorf ​and ​ we hope to see you again soon.

​Kind regards,

Michaela Weisskopf
Holon, Israel
Reviewed 29 May 2014

Just got back from a buissiness trip. Stayed at this hotel 3 nights and evevrything was just perfect.
Great location, friendly staff, rooms and food at a very high level. BEST SPOT IN THE CITY !
I will come back soon.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
InterContinental_DUS, Manager of Quality and Performance at InterContinental Dusseldorf, responded to this review, 30 May 2014
Dear Dayana C,
we are so glad to read, that you really enjoyed your stay at the InterContinental Düsseldorf.
Hope you come back very soon!
Kind regards,
Michaela Weisskopf
Zottegem, Belgium
Reviewed 28 May 2014

Brief summary: luxury @ the best spot in the city

As from upon arrival by car we had a warm welcome from the staff; the gratitude of the staff was really remarkable during the whole stay. You feel important as a guest.

Rooms are spacious & spotless.

Room service was excellent; service with an added value!

5 stars for sure...

Room Tip: Non smoking room on a higher floor!
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple