“good choice for good price”

Boutiquehotel Berial
Ranked #49 of 240 Hotels in Dusseldorf
Reviewed 24 August 2013

Nice, clean hotel with friendly staff. Close to Old Town by walk and to fast tram connecting it with other parts of city. Very, very good breakfast, satisfied for any consumers. One weekness is that the is no parking in the hotel. You have to go about 200-300 meters to Parking place where hotel books some places and have to pay for it.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled on business

Reviewed 14 August 2013

I booked this hotel about a month ago. On arriving in Dusseldorf the hotel was willing to let us have our room on arrival at 11am. Which after 8 hours of travelling was fantastic, we found the rooms to be decorated with real style and originality and very , very clean ! During our stay the hotel staff were always really helpful. The hotel is very easy to find from the tram station and really well appointed with a genuine ten minute walk from the altstadt. I would heartily recommend this hotel and if I came back here I would be more than happy to stay here again. I cannot recommend this hotel enough. Great value and brilliant !

• Stayed: August 2013
1  Thank Andy B
Reviewed 7 April 2013

We were visiting my daughter, who lives on the same street as Berial, so we picked it for ease. We were pleasantly surprised by the quality of the rooms and the extensive breakfast offering. We stayed in the annexe, which is just around the corner from the main hotel. This was quiet with a nice aspect over other gardens. It was quiet and comfortable. The hotel is in a great location being a short walk into the city, Altstadt, the Rhine and other attractions. Would definitely stay there again.

Room Tip: The rooms in the annexe were quiet and comfortable.
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 17 March 2013

The room was clean and the shower and bathroom were good. It was a 10 minute walk from the old town (Altstadt). The breakfast spread was great with a lot of different meats, cheese, spreads, teas, etc. The taxi from the airport was about 19 euro, even though the hotel told us about 10-15 euros. A cheaper option is to take the train from the airport to the main train station and then transfer to the train to the Nordstrasse stop, which is about 4 blocks away. That will cost about 5-6 euros total.

Staff was great. Wifi didn't work for me, but seemed to work for others, not sure why. There's also a public computer and free water dispenser.

Room Tip: The rooms are different sizes, so try to get one of the bigger rooms if you can.
  • Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 11 March 2013

I stayed in Dusseldorf for 2 nights with a group of friends. We all had a great time and I will definitely be going back to Dusseldorf and probably The Hotel Berial.

The Check In - This was great. After an early morning flight from Manchester we arrived in Dusseldorf at 11am. Our rooms would not be available until 2pm but the reception staff were really helpful and let us leave our bags and put our passports and valuables in the safe free of charge.

The Rooms - Room 337 was modern and spacious, large flat screen TV (37" I think), shower room was very clean and the beds were very comfy. A minor gripe for some maybe that the twin beds were possibly a little bit too close together for some but this is me being picky. There are a number of TV Channels available in German, Russian, Italian and French. The only English channels I could find were CNN and MTV but to be honest I wasn't bothered as I didnt go to Dusseldorf to watch telly.

The Breakfast - Typical continental breakfast served with true german efficiency. Bread rolls, Bread/Toast, German Sausages, Salami and Cooked Meats, boiled eggs, cereal, yogurt, muesli and cheeses all available along with coffee, tea and fruit juices. The Scrambled eggs were to die for, the best I have ever tasted. A great way to start the day.

The Location - I had read a few reviews on here criticising the location before I arrived and I was a little concerned but I found the 10 minute stroll into town to be no trouble at all. The route was well lit and despite the two main roads you have to cross there are pedestrian crossings to keep you safe. At night if you wander a little too deep into town or have had a few to many glasses of Altbier then a taxi home is around €5.50

Bad points - Not any worthy of note to be honest. The only advice I would give is that for some reason I couldn't connect to free hotel wifi on my iPhone 5. Other guests in our party had iPhone 4S and Samsung Phones and they connected just fine. I found free wifi available throughout the bars and restaurants in town though so I could send some photos to friends and check emails and Facebook etc.

All in all a great trip to Dusseldorf was made even better by a top drawer hotel.

Room Tip: I stayed here with a group of 10 mates and by pure chance I had the best room. Ask for rom 337 if it...
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank ThePhilWheeler
Reviewed 16 December 2012

Our rooms only had single beds,but definatly had a good nights sleep.Rooms were very clean and tidy with plenty of room,also had a large flat screen tv.Breakfast was basic,just continental style with hot scrambled eggs,the coffee was good though.If you stay in room 10downstairs like we did,there is no signs of escape if a fire breaks out,as windows and doors are locked.

Stayed: December 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 10 December 2012

The hotel has all the facilities for a short stay at Dusseldorf (we stayed there for 2 nights). The rooms are cozy and clean. The breakfast is rich and includes all German delicatessen! The staff is very friendly and helpful in all our inquiries. The hotel is located just 5-10 min. walking distance from Dusseldorf main shopping area and old city and we found it very safe to walk from Pubs' area to the hotel during the night. Overall, the hotel is a descent, value for money place to stay during a short break at the city of Dusseldorf. The Hotel would also be ideal for business purpose trips.

Room Tip: Choose a room at the top floors facing the main road. It is the only way to have light during mornin...
  • Stayed: November 2012, travelled with friends