Hotel Conti Duisburg
US$70
US$98
US$114
TripAdvisor
All reviewsmodern roomsmodern business hotelroom with air conditioningfront desk staffroom was largedecent hotelmini barrecommend this hotelwifibath
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 11 July 2014

LOCATION : easy to reach from motorway and yet only 10 min walking to downtown, if you really need to go downtown, I mean, no offence to the people of Duisburg, but the centre is anything but appealing. Limited parking, you'd better check.
Renovated, my room was large, well appointed and clean. Originally I was given a room without AC but when i asked for one with AC as in my booking, i was immediately given one with AC. So again, you may want to check with Hotel if you are a fan of AC. My room faced the inside courtyard and was very quiet. Really no noise at all. The lighting system is a bit ackward, but the room has many light points. As said by others, the pillows are thin. Very fast WIFI and the kind of you don't need to re log in every time.
Breakfast - standard quality, good choice, but the best service ever of all the hotels I have been to. We all are in a hurry at mornings, so it nice to have such a fast and efficient service.
All the staff proved to be very friendly anyway. The hotel has no restaurant but in the nearby Dellplatz (5 min walking) there are 5-6 restaurants.

Room Tip: Some rooms are in a building opposite of the main building. Room facing courtdyard are very quiet.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank bridgerobe
SORATHotels, Manager Online Communication at Hotel Conti Duisburg, responded to this reviewResponded 14 July 2014

Hello bridgerobe, Thank you for your review of our property. We take pride in the quality service and modern amenities that we provide our guests. We are glad you enjoyed your stay and we hope to see you again soon. Best regards, your Conti Hotel Duisburg · Partner of SORAT Hotels

Reviewed 4 June 2014

The hotel is quite modern, recently refurbished. Spacious rooms and bathrooms. For online reservations they give you vouchers for free drinks. Friendly and courteous reception. Free WiFi. Wide windows that open. Good breakfast. The only minus I can think of - very uncomfortable and small pillows. Located in a quiet area. It takes you 2 minutes walk to a nice park with lots of kids playing facilities and 5 minutes to the centre. Quite convenient if you are running a Duisburg marathon - just a couple of tram stops to get to the sports park

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank shvedych
SORATHotels, Manager Online Communication at Hotel Conti Duisburg, responded to this reviewResponded 5 June 2014

Hello shvedych, Thank you for taking the time to post a review of your recent stay at the Conti Hotel in Duisburg. We are delighted to see that you enjoyed your experience with us. But we are sorry that you did not enjoy our pillows. If there is anything that we can do for you please let us know. We truly value your business and your feedback and wish you safe travels. Best regards, your Conti Hotel Duisburg · Partner of SORAT Hotels

Reviewed 4 March 2014 via mobile

I just arrive duisburg. I found this hotel from trip advisor according to comments. Thats correct the hotel is very clean and very comfortable. At first you can think the hotel is old but after you saw the rooms your mind is fully change. Wide rooms comfortable and clean.

Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
SORATHotels, Manager Online Communication at Hotel Conti Duisburg, responded to this reviewResponded 7 March 2014

Hello cumhurkumas, We were really delighted to read your feedback following your recent visit to us. We always try our hardest to make our guests feel at home and taken care of at all times so to read your kind words is appreciated. We have passed on your comments to our team and we do hope that you will come back to stay with us again soon. Our best wishes, the Conti Hotel Duisburg · Partner of SORAT Hotels

Reviewed 1 October 2013

I've just returned from Duisburg and spent 5 nights and the Hotel Conti. Overall a good experience. This hotel offers spotless rooms and a group of some of the most friendly staff I have encountered in all my travels.Reception - all shifts - very extremely friendly and helpful. They provide a list of restaurants within walking distance. The hotel is about a 10 minute easy walk from the main train station and to downtown.

Breakfast is abundant with a variety of hot egg choices and sausages or bacon. Additionally, there are at least 6 cold meats, including smoked salmon to select from and as many cheeses. There is also fruit, yogurt, and a variety of cereals and breads. The staff each morning are friendly and diligent in keeping the offerings replenished.

My only complaint was my room location. The room itself was a single and quite large by European standards. It was comfortable and very clean. However, room #102 must be adjacent to a supply room that was accessed ALL NIGHT by the staff (probably in preparation for the morning breakfast). However, I could literally hear them going up and down stairs, sliding things about, etc. I bought ear plugs and ran the "white noise" on my phone, but it didn't help. I asked for my room to be changed, but they were booked full. This is not a complaint about staff - they have a job to do. This room simply should not be rented out if noise from inside the hotel is going to disrupt sleep. My colleagues elsewhere in the hotel noticed no noise, so I have to assume it is this particular room. 5 nights of lack of sleep is significant.

Another thing to note - I originally looked at the amenities of this hotel on booking.com. It cited the same room rate I received but INCLUDED breakfast and WI-fi in the price. I booked directly through the hotel (which I generally prefer to do) and was dismayed to see an additional charge of 7 euro for the "business pack" which is breakfast and WI-FI.

Despite these issues, I would stay there again - I would just openly request NOT to have room 102 and would book through booking.com or similar where I could verify what I was receiving.

Room Tip: Avoid room # 102
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank AmandaEsteroFL
SORATHotels, Manager Online Communication at Hotel Conti Duisburg, responded to this reviewResponded 8 October 2013

Hello AmandaEsteroFL,
Thank you firstly for taking time to post your review - it's very kind of you. We all greatly appreciate it and we are glad that the team performed well. Our team is our greatest asset after all and we value them very much. But we are very sorry that you had mixed feelings about room number 102. We have highlighted your issue concerning the noise and we will look into this matter in detail to find a solution and improve the situation. We appreciate that you let us know.

Using internet is basically free of charge. But to avoid any misunderstanding: The rate you booked for one night in a single room was 103 Euro (96 Euro for the room and 7 Euro for breakfast). On booking.com the rate for one night in a single room was 109 Euro including breakfast. This means, that you have booked our business package with us more favorable than with booking.

We would be delighted to meet you the next time you stay in Duisburg, please do let us know if we can assist.

Kindest regards,
your Conti Hotel Duisburg · Partner of SORAT Hotels

Reviewed 21 June 2013

I've stopped here a few times, it is reliable, the rooms are clean and comfortable, though often a touch small. The staff have always been friendly and helpful, and the price is reasonable. Wifi works in the rooms, is free, and sometimes very fast. Breakfast is served early, which is often important.

My reservations are about the location - it is a fair walk to restaurants - and the car parking, which is limited. There is a small secure compound round the corner, otherwise it's on-street. Iz can palk where I work, and walk, so that's OK & there is a tramstop over the road.

I am also puzzled by the style. It wants to be a boutique hotel, yet it has too many rooms for that. But that doesn't mean I don't

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank Robert H
SORATHotels, Manager Online Communication at Hotel Conti Duisburg, responded to this reviewResponded 23 June 2013

Thank you for your review and for your loyalty to our property. At the Conti Hotel every guest is important to us; we are happy to know that we were able to provide you with an early breakfast. Our team strives to offer the great comfort and service guests have come to expect by staying at a Partner of SORAT Hotels. We are looking forward to your next stay with us. Best regards, your Conti Hotel Duisburg · Partner of SORAT Hotels