“Nice room, good stay” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #8 of 68 Hotels in Essen
Crawley
“Nice room, good stay”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 October 2013

This is a nice hotel, organized staff and clean rooms. It is located close to the town center within comfortable walking distance and it was easy to grab a cab from the hotel for further trips. There is adequate parking available under the hotel in a separate parking garage (separate charge), and the hotel is adjacent to the Philharmonic. I would be happy to stay there again. Our internet was down for almost 24 hours, but they reversed the charge for us and were very apologetic.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Anne B, Leiter Öffentlichkeitsarbeit at Sheraton Essen Hotel, responded to this review, 31 October 2013
Dear IKM3s
Thank you for taking some time to review Sheraton Essen Hotel on tripadvisor.

We are happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay at our hotel and more importantly that our team was able to make you feel welcome at anytime throughout your stay.
Please Accept our apologize for the inconvenience with the internet caused by the technical problems .

We are looking forward to welcome you back at Sheraton Essen Hotel soon and to meet you personally.

Assistant to General Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
  • Czech first
  • Korean first
Frankfurt, Germany
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 October 2013

Dear Sheraton Essen Team, thanks for 4 nice days. Essen was much better thank expected - the Rüttenscheiterstrasse ist just around the corner, which is super for an after work drink or two - nice restaurants, good people, safe area. Reception staff guided me every day to insider tips -good job! Breakfast buffett in the restaurant "am Park" is really yummy - nice selection and i guess in summer times you can sit outside --nice view! Room was ok - reasonable price. All in all great - will be back!

Room Tip: Park view can be requested
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
Dear vanewit,

thank you very much for rating the Sheraton Essen Hotel on tripadvisor.
We are happy to read that you find our staff helpful and friendly, especially our service at the front desk. Certainly, we will forward your positive feedback to our front office colleagues.
We are happy to hear that you felt comfortable and we do hope to welcome you back in the near future.

Warmest regards

Essen, Germany
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 October 2013

Wonderful experience
This Hotel offers a stunning solution for stay here. A suitable place for all Business meeting, Family, Couples, Friends e.t.c very polished and comfortable room, stylish and very well equipped. Fresh renovated Rooms i fell with the Bed, wow it was so specious and comfortable. emaculately clean bathroomThe restaurants, bars and lounge all very welcome. very friendly , helpful and wecoming Staffs i would certainly recommend anyone attending a conference here to explore this hotel. Modern conference facilities

Room Tip: All rooms are great
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled on business
Dear Sifuma

We are happy to read that you had a wonderful experience in our hotel.
Moreover we are pleased that you had a good night’s sleep in our comfortable Sweet Sleeper beds.
Now you have a place in Essen to return to and we can't wait to welcome you back.
We are looking forward to welcome you back at Sheraton Essen Hotel.

Bucharest, Bucuresti, Romania
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 October 2013

Its excelent for groups, Great staff. I wish I could have the same hotel staff to every city I travel. Friendly people in consierge, restaurant and business center, big meetin rooms.

Lawrence Ionescu
HERA TOUR
( UEFA Travel Agent For Steaua FC Bucharest )

• 5 of 5 bubbles
Anne B, Leiter Öffentlichkeitsarbeit at Sheraton Essen Hotel, responded to this review, 14 October 2013
Dear Ionescu D,

thank you very much for your nice review on tripadvisor.

It was a pleasure to host you and it is nice to hear that you felt comfortable with us.

If you plan to come back to Essen, please let us know and we will be more than happy to welcome you back at our hotel.

Warmest regards,

Sofia, Grad Sofiya, Bulgaria
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 September 2013

Nice cozy hotel. We stay at a superior room with a view to the park. The only inconvenience was the extra payment for the internet - 19€ per day and for the parking - 13 € per day. The Essen phyllo harmony was just next. Only five minutes walk from the walking and shopping area of the city. Essen is very cozy and nice town. If you visit do not miss to visit the Baldeneysee and take a boat for a nice river trip - 2 hours the round tour.

Room Tip: Superior room
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Anne B, Leiter Öffentlichkeitsarbeit at Sheraton Essen Hotel, responded to this review, 9 October 2013
Dear Ina A,

thank you for your review.

We are delighted that you have felt comfortable in our hotel.
Essen is a very will and welcoming city and we would be more than happy to share some more hot spots with you during your next stay.

Please contact me directly via email: anne.baakes@sheraton.com or via phone: 0049 (0)201 1007 370 in case of any further wishes or questions.

Warmest regards
Setubal, Portugal
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 September 2013

When you go to a 5 star hotel you expect to have a more "professional" service and you expect to have certain type of services. This experience did not start very well. Getting to the hotel to checkin I was welcomed by a checkin queue, which is something you do not really want after traveling, but that can happen. After waiting around 20/30 min it was finally my turn. After going through all the checkin process I was told that my room was not ready and asked if I could return in about 1-2 hours?!?! OK, I imagine it will be better afterwards. Took the opportunity to eat something at the restaurant/bar......the food was good but a bit pricy.......but like I mentioned this is a 5 star hotel so you expect things to be a bit more expensive. Going back to checkin, which I thought it would be quicker since I had already done it, we had to go again through most of the checkin process. After all was taken care of the person on the other size of the counter turns around and says "Let me just check that your room is ready" ?!?! I think I had a bit of luck because, now, my room was ready.

Before going to the room I had tome for one question:
Is there internet in the room?
Answer: yes
Is it free?
Answer: no
How much is it?
Answer: 19 €
For the all stay?
Answer: No, per day.

WHAT?!?!?!

When I stay in a 5 star hotel I expect to pay more but also to get more. Can someone explain me how is it possible, in the current days, that a 5 star hotel charges 19€ per day in order to have internet access in the room?!?!?!

The room itself was noisy, I could hear the people on the floor above, the ones on the right and the ones on the left.

Positive aspects: Location, bedroom quite big and the location

Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
Dear Eurecio A,

thank you for your stay wirth us and you honest review.
May I say how sorry I am to learn all the points about the inconveniences that you have experienced when you stayed at the Sheraton Essen Hotel.

We genuinely value your comments and sincerely regret that we did not met your expectations. I am disappointed to learn that you encountered several issues - primarily your experiences with our check-in and internet services.
We have discussed these issues with our team in order to ensure that we significantly improve on those. With your constructive feedback you give us the chance to work on our mistakes .

May I take this opportunity to insure you that our team at the hotel always seeks to maintain the very highest standards of quality and service. We appreciate the time you took to share your comments.

It is my sincere hope that your recent experience will not deter you from visiting us again.
We would be more than happy to show you our improvements.

Dear Eurecio A, please feel free to contact me should you find yourself back in Essen and I would be more than happy to look after your booking. You can contact me via e-mail: anne.baakes@sheraton.com or via telephone: 0049 (0)201 1007 370.

Odessa, Ukraine
common_n_hotel_reviews_1bd8 1,530 helpful votes
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 September 2013

Yes, it's not the newest hotel - but we had one of the renovated rooms, up to date with very nice bathroom (walk-in-shower). Be aware that there're also rooms with the charm of the 1990's.

The Club is okay, can't be compared with the Club Lounges at the WESTIN hotels in Frankfurt and Munich.

Parking is available in the hotel, or for free on the street.

Room Tip: Ask for a renovated room
Dear HONkiev,

thank you for rating our Sheraton Essen Hotel on tripadvisor.
It is nice to hear that you enjoyed our new bathroom.
I am pleased to inform you that more renovations are planned. to bring all rooms on the same modern level.

We look forward to welcome you back soon!