Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
Andreas J
Jakarta, Indonesia

Bearable but overpriced

Review of Yggotel Solsort
2.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed 13 May 2017via mobile
Construction site in the basement, two tiny lifts which are very slow. The reception is OK but : I needed to extend one night: the lady at the reception sang me some song that I should call someone somewhere and gave me a name card. No, you please do it that's why you are standing then suddenly she could do it ! The rooms are small. But OK. Other service was friendly. Breakfast simple but OK. But never change anything. Same cold cuts everyday ( three days I stayed) Parking difficult. Subway station right in front of it. Resto's in walking distance
Date of stay: May 2017
  • Expedia.com
    £307
6.3 miles from Yggotel Solsort
View more hotels in Essen
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 4 May 2017

Arrived to find that the bottom floor of the hotel was a building site and had to find my way through builders sat on the stares to a temporary reception desk.
Room was very small and bathroom even smaller.
Got up in morning for a shower and after leaving the shower and tap on for 10 minutes still no hot water.
If I had paid £35 per night I gues it would not have seemed so bad but as there was an exhibition taking place at the Messe I paid £296.51 for the privilege absolutly discusting.
Have not yet taken it up with the manager as I am righting this in a rage before finding if the promised breakfast exists.

Room tip: Don't use this hotel
Date of stay: May 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
2  Thank Keema21
Reviewed 22 March 2017 via mobile

The best part about This hotel is its good location. Close to nice restaurant and lots of bakeries where you can have a nice breakfast for €5
Hotel itself and rooms where not very nice. You can tell that they are super old and a bit smelly-(
Reception staff was helpful and friendly

Date of stay: March 2017
Reviewed 11 February 2017 via mobile

You always get ripped off at Messe time anywhere, but this was amazingly bad. We had reserved the rooms in August last year and they were non -refundable otherwise I am sure no one would stay. We paid over 5x the non Messe rate for a very underwhelming experience.
The hotel is undergoing total renovation and from the outside it is not obvious that it is actually open for business. Parts of the facade and all of the reception area are missing. One of the two lifts was out of order, the other had a mind of its own. The stairwell which you have to use instead was not lit on the first day. Anyone can enter from the street without going past reception as this has been moved to the first floor during renovation. Drilling started at 8am daily.

Check in for 2 prepaid rooms took 15 minutes. On check out (having incurred no extra costs and already having paid and collected receipt on the day of check in) they did not permit my colleague to just leave her key and her check out took 15 mins. Staff were unfriendly (and it was not a language barrier as I am fluent in German).

The rooms were "non smoking" but have clearly not been renovated since the time when smoking was allowed as smoke was still discernable in my room.

Avoid!!

Date of stay: February 2017
3  Thank confusedexpat401
Reviewed 5 January 2017

Perfect location to reach the fair and very rich breakfast.
If the rooms were renewed it would have deserved 5 stars.
In any case we had a very pleasant stay especially because we could walk easily to the best restaurants in town.
Next time we will be back for the Technoclassica we will book again for sure.

Room tip: despite we had a street view room it was quiet
Date of stay: April 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed 14 November 2016

Apparently, the place has been (and still is) under renovation for quite a while. Our taxi driver wasn't even sure the hotel was open for business. After going through a dark side-door and up two flights of stairs, we found the small, temporary front desk.

My husband and I arrived around 10pm, having pre-paid for a room with a king bed. The desk clerk, after finishing her personal phone call, checked us in and gave us our room keys, not mentioning that the room had a tiny double bed. Back to the clerk, who just shook her head and told us "Sorry, all of the rooms are full, there is nothing I can do, maybe you can switch tomorrow." We paid for the room in advance. My husband had confirmed the reservation and the bed size the week before. Her attitude was basically "take it or leave it", knowing that there was a convention in town, it was late, and we wouldn't find anything else. While some of the common areas were renovated the rooms were not. We did change from the small double bed on night one to a king (two twins pushed together) the second night. Both rooms had thin plastic mattress covers, and uncomfortable mattresses. The decor looked like it had been there since the 1950s -- dark wooden paneling and side-tables affixed to the wall with old radios inset. The second room was painted the color of orange sherbet, and had garish, cheap "art" on the walls. The bathroom had also not been updated in decades. The breakfast room and breakfast were passable, but not worth the money.

Room tip: My tip to those who want a good room: find another hotel.
Date of stay: November 2016