“Scrumptious!”

Price range: US$11 - US$23
Cuisines: Pizza
Dining options: Reservations
Neighbourhood: Südviertel
Description: When Zodiac opened in 1987, it was surely ahead of its time: Purely vegetarian, only using organic ingredients. Over the years it has become one of the most loved vegetarian-vegan attractions in the region and beyond. But it offers far more than a unique food and beverage selection. Run by a family that values a welcoming and warm atmosphere, it is a little oasis that allows you to mindfully relax and enjoy.
Boston, MA
“Scrumptious!”
Reviewed 13 September 2013

Every October, my colleague and I attend the Essen spiele fair and we eat at the zodiac twice during our 5 night stay. It is that good to go back to. All the ingredients are super fresh and the TLC they take in making the food is obvious from presentation of the dish to the actual meal itself. The owner is a super, super nice man who clearly loves what he does. I travel a lot and must say this is my favorite vegetarian restaurants I've eaten at.

8 Thank finnybinny

Prague, Czech Republic
“Small green site :)”
Reviewed 2 November 2012

Original decoration, tasty food. Try stuffed pepper or lasagne. We were short of money bu had a very nice dinner for 33 euro for 2 of us.
One problem - it's located near the city center and when we arrived about 21-00 we couldn't find parking easy, left a car in about km away so it took us more 30 min to get there (fing a park lot and then walk from there).
But very pleasant atmosphere made a meal perfect!
P.s. these candies are with ginger

8 Thank Yana8090
Forli, Italy
“A must, when you come in Essen!”
Reviewed 23 October 2012

A wonderful place, very original and tasty dishes, an unique atmosphere, a very gentle keeper. Who needs more...? Here you van also have vegan meals.

8 Thank Fababa
Berlin, Germany
“Ambience and food is good :)”
Reviewed 22 July 2012

I went this place with my bf ytd. When we first went in we saw alot of buddism decorations. The restaurant is noy big but i personally think that it's well decorated. The place got a unique scent , make us feel very relaxed. Although the seating is abit packed but no big deal.

I love horoscopes that's why i found it o be very interesting to name the pizzas according to horoscopes ! I had Wassermann (aquarius ) , found it not bad !

Btw, almost every dishes here are suitable for vegan !! :) i'm not one of them but be a vegan once for a while is healthier no ? Haha.

Worth a visit !

7 Thank wenyiwenyi
Cincinnati, OH
“Fabulous vegetarian restaurant in Essen!”
Reviewed 20 June 2012

This gem is a little off the beaten path but worth looking for. As a vegetarian travelling in Germany, the choices are very limited. This restaurant was a great find. Cozy and peaceful inside. The owner is very sweet and explained the menu to me and checked back frequently. He explained that if I ordered something and didn't like it they would remake it and if I wasn't happy, I wouldn't have to pay. The pizza was phenomenal. The service was outstanding.

• Visited June 2012