“Old school german hotel”
Review of Hotel St Petrus

Hotel St Petrus
Hotel St Petrus
Ranked #13 of 14 Hotels in Gelsenkirchen
Kent
“Old school german hotel”
Reviewed 13 December 2013

I was a bit concerned about this hotel, after reading the other reviews - not many to be fair - especially as I'd booked the hotel for my boss as well.
Actually it was ok. No parking, but plenty of parking nearby, and very cheap too. I stayed just one night on business. The room was ok, a little on the dark side but comfortable enough, so was the bed. Ate in the restaurant and the cost was very reasonable and the food good too, I had excellent venison. Disappointed with breakfast, expected more choice, and maybe juice and cereal. We just had a tray brought to us with some ham, salami and cheese on it, with some packets of jam, and a bread basket with 4 rolls for the two of us, and coffee and tea. Not all that really.
I did however see complaints that the people here were not helpful, which I did not find at all. All in all an ok hotel for the money.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled on business

Families
Couples
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
Arzignano, Italy
Reviewed 27 September 2013

This is the reply when I asked why the internet connection was not available. Considering the man who reply was looking the web tv sitting on the bar, I think there was a wifi line.
Moreover people cominig in and out during all the night, the breakfast was a coffee and a piece of bread with jam? this is hospitallity? I do not think so, the only positive think was the restaurant, good meal.

Room Tip: do not come here if you need to work or to sleep. If you have to loose time it is the perfect place.
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Rosaale79

Travellers are raving about these Gelsenkirchen hotels

Manchester
Reviewed 12 June 2008

Dear all,

I stayed at this hotel back in April with some friends. We were not fussy on the hotel itself, as we booked at the last minute and really, we wanted to enjoy the football match palying at the time.

Unfortunately the hotel ruined it all! It looked good on the website and there was no other option as everywherelse was fully booked. We called the property directly and got told to give our C/C setails to guaranty the booking and we would pay upon arrival.

The thing is, that the hotel was basic, OK fine, but we got the worst welcome ever, to start!! They couldn't find our booking, we explain that we called and left our C/C number, they say they never do that and rooms must be paid in cash and of course at a different price from what was advised over the telephone. Well, we though our fault for not being better organized. However, if that was the only issue, I would passed the hassle putting a review really...Rooms had nothing special and to be honest, they were crapy! We probably got given the worst accommodation in the hotel due to the issue at check in.

I will pass the other misadventures of leaking tap, brocken door locks, dity towels, suspiscious bed linen and all, during our stay.
The best is always for the end, when we got told that we had to pay (again!) for some city tax and TVA, we just refused!! There was no way they'd charge us anymore for this [----]-hole! And we left, just like that... But wait, what a surprise when a couple of weeks later I checked my bank statement and saw some 180 euros with reference "Hotel St Petrus"!! Then i got really upset and called the hotel; same story again, they didn't know us and hanged up on me. One day later I called again. This time they seem to have forgoten their English! So my last resort is to warn other people not to go to that hotel. Those people are dishonest and perverted, being in charge of a hotel is not their field.

• Stayed April 2007