“TOO EXPENSIVE DURING FAIRS”

Ranked #2 of 16 Hotels in Krefeld
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 16 November 2013

Rooms are very clean. Good level bath and toilet. Very quiet. Very nice garden.
The Lobby smokes greasy things that come from kitchen every evening. The Lobby and restaurant should be ventilated.
Too expensive hotel. We paid 528 Euro for 3 nights.

• Stayed: November 2013
Henning_Michel, Manager at Mercure Parkhotel Krefelder Hof, responded to this reviewResponded 27 November 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience at the Mercure Parkhotel Krefelder Hof. I am sorry that your experience did not meet all your expectations. Regarding your comment to the smoking area we will do our best to solve this problem and hope that you will give us the opportunity to better serve you in the near future.

Reviewed 15 November 2013

Very clean and comfortable hotel. The reception staff were very helpful and extremely efficient. Our party of 10 were all dealt with in under 10 minutes, but each treated personally. Room was clean and we'll appointed. Proper coffee maker provided in the room. Breakfast was very good, with a wide range to choose from.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business

Dear Guest,

We very much appreciate your comments regarding your stay at the Mercure Parkhotel Krefelder Hof. It is always a pleasure to receive positive feedback. I will share your comments with our team, especially the reception desk. I am sure that this feedback will serve as an encouragement to all of our staff as we strive to continuously improve the quality of our services.

Reviewed 16 October 2013

Unfortunately, we got booked into a smoker´s room without being asked. As we were in a hurry we only had 30min in our room to get dressed for our upcoming invitation, therefore we just did not have the time to change the room - but, paying 90 € the night, you expect to be asked to be booked into such an olfactory prison. In particular, the room seemed not to be occupied a couple of days before so the bed linen did not even smell fresh, but had a smoky flavour - horrifiying for a non-smoker, especially when you wake up in the morning. So if you are a non-smoker, take care and do not let yourself be booked on floor 4.

Besides this scented adventure, the bathroom was too dark. You could not get a bright light on the mirror and the bathroom itself, making it hard to make up your face or to feel comfortably. The room itself was probably standard talking about Krefeld, but another disappointment (considering the price). I guess, you will find more modern rooms in other Mercure Hotels in bigger cities. In addition, you could here the ventilation from the housing technology outside.

On check-out, we only got a warm excuse - sorry, but this was totally not what you would expect for your money.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience at the Mercure Parkhotel Krefelder Hof. I am sorry that your experience did not meet your expectations; please allow me to express my sincerest apologies. Please rest assured that we are taking the appropriate measures to address the problem and prevent future occurrence. We appreciate your sharing your concerns, and it is our hope that you will give us the opportunity to better serve you in the near future.

Reviewed 6 October 2013

I stayed at this hotel during a business trip as all the hotels in Dusseldorf city were full because of the regular Shows /Conventions the city hosts. It is abound a 20/25 min drive using the back roads to Am Seestern which is a major business district. The rooms were dated and could do with a refresh and also too warm! The parking was a little hap-hazard and quite busy too. On the upside the breakfast was very good and offered a wide choice of meats / fruit / etc.. So simply put - good average hotel ideal for short business trips.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business

Dear Guest,

thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience at the Mercure Parkhotel Krefelder Hof. I am sorry that your experience did not meet all your expectations. Due to the fairs and high occupancy of our hotel it could be very busy on our parking lot.

with kind regards

Reviewed 23 September 2013

I booked a spacious superior room with Wi-Fi access. On arrival I was shown Room 404, which was not superior or spacious but a very drab and small room in 1980s decor, which left a lot to be desired. At my request I was moved to a slightly better room. However, it still was not what I had booked and not in accordance my booking confirmation and photos on the hotel's website. I was not issued with my Wi-Fi access codes and had to ask for these the following day albeit it was part of my package. Our room faced the front of the hotel and main road in and out of Krefeld, which was very noisy (a genarator oustide which started at 5.00 am, trams going past and a constant flow of ambulance horns).

The Reception desk was very much understaffed. Staff preferred to hide in the back office whilst their colleagues struggled in dealing with high numbers of guests. When I checked out there was a queue of 15 guests who were waiting to be served by one apprentice and on experienced member of staff. My invoice was not only wrong but also incomplete. I was asked to queue twice to have my bill amended and corrected only to find that my card was charged before I had an opportunity to check it. As it happened, the final bill included yet another error, an overcharge of €38 which then had to be credited back onto my card. The whole process was unprofessional and inefficient. I wasted a lot of time I badly needed to get to Dusseldorf airport. Reception staff were friendly and tried their best under difficult circumstances.

Be aware that Wi-Fi access is not provided free of charge at this hotel and guests arriving by car are asked to pay a €10 parking fee per day – both highly unusual in this day and age. I think I would not stay again but stay in Dusseldorf instead, where standards are much higher. I paid €865 for 2 persons staying 5 nights, which was far too much for what it was. It is provincial and exploits the fact that it has no competition within Krefeld.

Room Tip: Try not to stay in rooms facing the front of the hotel (main road runs along). Avoid Room 404 at all...
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank vs8864
Henning_Michel, Manager at Mercure Parkhotel Krefelder Hof, responded to this reviewResponded 4 October 2013

Dear Viola S.,

Thank you very much for the detailed evaluation of the Mercure Parkhotel Krefelder Hof that you have in the meantime sent us directly.
I am very sorry that your experience did not meet your expectations; please allow me once again to express my sincerest apologies.
At Mercure, we strive to provide a superior service experience for every customer; therefore your feedback is very important to us.

I am very glad that we could jointly discuss your comments and could find solutions.
It is our hope that you will give us the opportunity to better serve you in the near future.

Reviewed 16 August 2013

A lovely hotel, situated in its own grounds and standing well back from road, so quiet. We had a very comfortable air conditioned room (the weather was very hot). Didn't fancy dinner in restaurant so we chose from Room service menu. This was good value and most enjoyable.

Breakfast selection was excellent but so overpriced. I think this was to make up for what they would normally expect to get for b&b and our room rate was very good for this standard of hotel. Also, parking in their car park isn't free.

Would be happy to stay there again if similar rate and have breakfast elsewhere.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with friends
Henning_Michel, Manager at Mercure Parkhotel Krefelder Hof, responded to this reviewResponded 21 September 2013

Dear Guest,

we very much appreciate your comments regarding your stay at the Mercure Parkhotel Krefelder Hof.

It is always a pleasure to receive positive feedback.

We are very sorry, that our breakfast rate seemed overpriced. We are glad to offer special early booking rates which includes a lower breakfast price in combination with a prepayment.
We would be happy to welcome you again and offering such a special rate for you next stay. Please contact us directly by phone or mail.

With kind regards

Reviewed 24 July 2013

Has stayed almost more than 80 days here last year for a bit of business in Krefeld from late July to mid-October 2012. It is a hotel that is well kept. all I can say, good service from all aspects, all the staff are friendly and welcoming. good breakfast, lots of choices. will stay again if visiting Krefeld in the future.Thumbs up for all staffs.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled on business
Kerstin_Dluszkowski, Manager at Mercure Parkhotel Krefelder Hof, responded to this reviewResponded 26 July 2013