“Tryp Hotel Dusseldorf-Krefeld”

GreenLeadersSilver level
Athens, Greece
“Tryp Hotel Dusseldorf-Krefeld”
Reviewed 2 August 2013

We had to be in the Krefeld area for a long stay.
Staying at the Tryp Krefeld made it very easy for use. The hotel was in a very good condision as it was refurnished recently. The hotel team made us feel at home.
From the fresh looking room to the relaxing garden and to the resturant with a great chose of food!
A big thank you to all the team for making it that possible.
I highly recomend this hotel if you are in the area!

• Stayed July 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank alexandros g

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
  • Greek first
East midlands, England
Reviewed 1 March 2013

I was staying in Krefeld for a business meeting and was booked into the Tryp by my company. First impressions were good - booking in was painless and in a few minutes I was heading to my 1st floor room. The room was neat with a couple of single beds and a rather nice bathroom/shower area.
The room was clean and smelt fresh, the view was of a little river outside the hotel grounds and was a welcome change to the usual car park!
The beds were comfortable, with nice warm duvet. I would say the duvet was a little small for my liking and I really did not like the very soft pillows, but the bed felt just right.
The shower was in a separate section of the bathroom, (almost as a wet room), and was clean and fresh. The shower unit did feel a little rickety and in need of a little attention, but worked well. I was not happy to see that the toilet was quite dirty on my arrival and needed a good clean out in my opinion, I get the feeling it was an oversight as the rest of the room was clean.
On check in I had paid 10euro for a days wifi, (something that irritates me), but I was even more annoyed to find I could have bought the same access on line for 4 euros. Not only charging for a service I feel good hotels offer for nothing, but overcharging - not clever.
My evening meal was in the hotel, I felt the restaurant was nice, if a little poorly lit! The meal was good and service fine, so no problems there. Breakfast is in the same restaurant and again was fine, some items were not available when I got in but I was very early so I did not expect perfection.
Overall I felt the hotel was average but if they had sorted out a few irritating things then this hotel would be a good place to stay.
Will I stay again? Yes if only to see if things get better!

• Stayed February 2013, travelled on business
2 Thank flinxUK
TRYP K, Reservation Manager at Tryp Dusseldorf Krefeld Hotel, responded to this review, 13 March 2013
Dear FlinxUK,
thank you for your visit and your comment.
We are glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay in our hotel.
We feel sorry for the irritation regarding the internet connection in our hotel.
At this moment we are checking this point and we take care about an efficient solution.
We hope that we can welcome you in the next time as our guest again and we would like
to convice you again from our hotel.
Sheffield, United Kingdom
Reviewed 19 November 2012

I stayed at the Tryp Hotel in Trefeld Dusseldorf whilst I was attending the Medica exhibition at the Messe in Dusseldorf. I had previously stayed in Dusseldorf at various hotels when I had visited Medica in previous years. The hotel was situated in a quiet location with little to do in evening however it was ideal for the Trade Show being only a 15 minute drive away. The property is clean, friendly and fairly modern with a restaurant with a good selection of food and a lively bar area. My room was clean and fairly spacious with a flat screen TV and a walk in shower. Compared to other hotels I have stayed at during Medica, the Tryp is reasonably priced and all in all, I would recommend this hotel for business visits.

• Stayed November 2012, travelled on business
TRYP K, Reservation at Tryp Dusseldorf Krefeld Hotel, responded to this review, 5 February 2013
Dear wearytraveller013,
thank you for your kind comment.
We are glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay in our new renovated hotel.
We would appreciate if we can welcome you again in our hotel this year.
Bridlington, United Kingdom
Reviewed 12 October 2012

Okay - I didn't stay here ten years ago but it's been that long since I last visited Germany.
The Tryp didn't look much when I arrived in the dark but on entering I got a warm welcome, a feeling of space and cleanliness and the room itself was more than adequate. Fitments were a little dated but not detrimentally so.
The food in the restaurant was very good indeed although the service was slow.
Breakfast was traditional German and also catered for the British taste of eggs, bacon, sausage mushrooms and rosti - no baked beans but that is rather a British thing to be honest. I was asked if I wanted coffee and got an entire jug to myself!! No I didn't drink it all.
The staff were very pleasant and outside there was a lovely terrace with a large pond surrounded by trees.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled on business
Dear Mark A,
thank you for your kind comment.
We are very glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay in our hotel.
We would like to welcome you soon again.
somerset
Reviewed 17 July 2012

I chose this hotel as we were going to Venlo in Holland for the Floriade and I also wanted us to see Dusseldorf and it was handy for both. The location is great for the A44 motorway and made travelling to Venlo and home very easy. It was some way out of Krefeld, but once we mastered the trams it was fairly easy to whizz in and out of the City. The hotel is fairly modern, the rooms were very good, great bathrooms and lots of nice extras. There was tea and coffee and bottled water left every day along with two packets of crisps (nice touch). In the bathroom there was a box with shower cap, shoe shine, sewing kit and nail file.
I cannot comment on breakfast as we didn't try it. We did eat in the restaurant and found the menu interesting and the food plentiful and good. However, and this is a BIG however, on the Sunday evening, after a day in Dusseldorf, we returned to eat at the hotel to find the restaurant closed, no-one had thought to inform us or even put up a sign in the lobby. The Magnificent staff saved the day however and offered either a salad or chilli con carne (but without the rice which was a bit strange!). So we sat in splendid isolation in the dining room and it felt like we had a picnic.
The staff throughout our stay were fantastic, the young lady behind the desk printed out maps for us, showed us where to catch the bus and nothing was too much trouble. The waiter/barman was great standing in for the chef and rustling us up some food and generally being chatty and charming.
There is a lot of building work going on at the hotel at the moment and so there is a very limited lobby/bar area, no lift from the ground floor, you had to walk upstairs to the first floor to catch it there and worse still there was a function at the hotel on the Saturday evening and two other guests had to eat dinner in the lobby alongside a tiny bar area - awful, I would not have been happy if that had been us.
The hotel is really for business people visiting all the factories and business parks close by. For holidaymakers it isn't ideal by a long way - Krefeld is not really a holiday destination, although interesting and brilliant for being able to catch the tram in the centre to go to Dusseldorf (it morphed from a tram, to train, to underground in Dusseldorf).
The million dollar question is would I stay there again and I am afraid the answer is no. Too much travelling to get anywhere to find restaurants, or things to do in the evenings and too expensive given the restrictions going on at the hotel at the moment.

Room Tip: Third or fourth floor to lessen the noise from builders as they are there seven days a week
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled as a couple
Dear SomersetHappytravels,
thank you for your kind comment.
We are happy to report you that the renovations are complete now.
Our restaurant is on weekends closed, we feel sorry that you were not informed at your hotel.
But we are glad that we could make your stay more enjoyable.
We would be happy if we could welcome you again.
TRYP Düsseldorf Krefeld Hotel
Stuttgart, Germany
Reviewed 25 June 2012

If you are coming for meetings at Canon this is the place to stay. If you are going to Floriade and want to stay in Dusseldorf this isn't it.

The hotel is currently under construction and parts are not open. The staff has a helpful list of restaurants but none are in walking distance. The power outlets are sync'ed with the lightswitch so your phone/gadgets will not charge overnite.

The nearby field has many cute bunnies to watch.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled with friends
Dear JohnsonCJ2,
thank you for your comment.
You are right, our hotel is not directly in Düsseldorf, but with car quite quick to reach (only 15 minutes). We would be glad if we can welcome you again in our new renovated hotel.
TRYP Düsseldorf Krefeld Hotel
Gaithersburg, Maryland
Reviewed 21 May 2012

I just finished eleven days and ten nights at this hotel. It was my first overseas trip, and I was apprehensive about several things, including the hotel stay. From the check in to the check out, I had nothing but wonderful service from every single staff person with whom I came in contact. From what I understand, the rooms were standard fare for European hotels. The room carpet wasn't ideal, the beds were just okay, and the hotel had no A/C. It didn't matter to me. The service was so outstanding, I probably could have slept on the floor and still walked away feeling like it was a great hotel stay. When I put up my Do Not Disturb sign, the housekeeper put a bag on the door, filled with towels and washcloths. I spoke to no less than 15 staff people during my stay, and all but one spoke at least more English than I spoke German. And all 15 were friendly and courteous and professional, and genuinely seemed to care about providing the best service possible to all their guests. Several actually knew my name. I complimented several employees during my stay, and they genuinely seemed to appreciate the compliments. The day before I was to check out, one employee mentioned that I was checking out the next day, and said she would make me a sandwich for the taxi ride to the airport (at 4 in the morning!), since I was now "family." When I checked out, they handed me a huge grocery bag. Inside the bag was apple juice, a sandwich, two yogurts, two bananas, an apple, five candy bars, and a German pretzel. I travel quite a bit in the US, but I had to go to Germany to get that kind of excellent service. We will definitely stay at the Tryp Hotel in Dusseldorf-Krefeld for our next German visit!

• Stayed May 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank David H
Dear David H,
thank you so much for such a friendly comment.
We are glad to tell you that we renovated the comlete hotel (including all rooms) last summer 2012. We are looking forward to your next reservation :-)