Holiday Inn Hotel in Möchengladbach, remains a lovely, comfortable and enjoyable place to stay in.
All members of staff are polite, friendly, diligent and supportive. One major reason why I choose this hotel to stay is, the welcoming and friendly service and behaviour of these wonderful people; whether it´s the staff at the reception, the waitresses, waiters or even the cleaning staff! They all simply do a super job!
Some points on the food perhaps, wouldn´t go amiss.
The breakfast is always good and varied, though I´ve noticed more recently, that the lovely-tasting fried tomatoes with cheese on top, are no longer served. I will speak to the chief cook, when I visit this hotel again next week and see, if this “delicious breakfast attraction”, can be served again in the mornings.
The bar food isn´t really the hit; it isn´t varied enough and since Holiday Inn has officially become, Leonardo, the only bar food addition is, four different variations of burgers! Quite honestly, not very appetising or appealing!
I have observed staff member´s working hours; the tasks they carry out, and so on. What is patently obvious to the “observing eye” is the fact, that the young apprentices, especially, do many more hours than I believe to be, “fair”! When a receptionist leaves her place of work just before midnight, but stands to attention the next morning at 07:00, there´s something not quite right! How can a person leave her or his place of work so late; travel home, eat and drink something and eventually shower – and sleep, but still be at work within less than seven hours?
Perhaps I´m naïve for not knowing, that this is “normal practice” in many or all hotels? On a positive note I would very like to mention, that these staff members in Holiday Inn (Leonardo) do not complain; always wear smiles for their guests and, find the strength, motivation and energy, to “fight another day”!
I wish to give a tip to fellow travelers, who might visit this specific hotel in Mönchengladbach. Please consider this important fact, that despite the slogging hours the staff works; regardless of the tasks, chores and service expected and demanded from them, they are still human beings. They should be treated with respect; we all should consider their working situation and the emotional and physical consequences, it has upon them. Yes, we´re tired or even exhausted, when we reach a hotel but, hotel staff also have their own “stories to tell”!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Leonardo Hotel Moenchengladbach is the ideal destination and perfect located. Imagine having all the space and tools you need for business, high speed internet access, a work area in your room and plenty of electrical outlets. Make a success out of your next conference. The Leonardo Hotel Monchengladbach can host meetings and functions in up to 120 attendees. The very friendly front office staff will assist you with copies and faxing. We can help make your day. If you are here for pleasure you are just 30 minutes away from the Dutch Border (Venlo & Roermond) with outstanding shopping outlets. If you are looking for a hotel to visit sport events like Borussia Monchengladbach game, Nordpark stadium or Warsteiner Hockeypark are just 2.5 Km away from Leonardo Hotel Monchengladbach. Experience fine dining at our Restaurant L Image or enjoy for favourite drink in our Bar Ciel. From a great breakfast to start your day to a relaxing meal in the evening our team looks forward to welcoming you. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travel Republic (UK), Agoda, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Cancelon, Evoline ltd, 5viajes2012 S.L. and HotelQuickly so you can book your Leonardo Hotel Moenchengladbach reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Monchengladbach
- mönchengladbach Holiday Inn