“Unexpected pleasant surprise! Kleines Goldjuwel”

Ringhotel Landhaus Eggert
Ranked #9 of 49 Hotels in Muenster
Munster, Germany
“Unexpected pleasant surprise! Kleines Goldjuwel”
Reviewed 17 June 2014

We live locally in Muenster (20 mins drive from the hotel) and stayed because we had our house painted. What a pleasant unexpected surprise we found. The hotel is located in lovely countryside, it has a nice little spa (I had one of the best massage and facial there) and is across the board just very good. We took our two Chihuahuas as the hotel allows dogs. It is set up in a way that you can keep your dogs away from any guests which do not like them and we loveld that we found two dog beds, a fresh bowl of water and two chewy bones when we got to the room. There is a lovely little river at the bottom of the garden and you can cycle around as well. We were especially surprised how good the food has been and will definately go back for a meal (as well as stay again). I will definately recommend the hotel for business guest as well as it is such a relaxed atmosphere with a superior service but also recommend it if you just want a mini break living locally.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
Lahr, Germany
Reviewed 4 March 2014

Coming to Muenster frequently since 15 years, I’m still looking for a good hotel. This time I tried Hotel Eggert. It’s situated in the middle of nowhere. This was not a problem for me, as the restaurant is excellent, see my feedback there.

My Standard room smelled strangely: Air refresher, essential oils, cold smoke – I don’t know?!? But I disliked it, as I do have a very sensitive nose and I’ve had some allergic reactions. The attentive service directly offered me an alternative: Similar issue, but less intense. Standard room was small, a bit old-fashioned and inappropriate in details. For instance, you have to stand up and go to the entrance door to turn off main light. TV (Orion, only 40 x 40 cm, square!) didn’t work/no signal from antenna. After complaining, it started to work 15 minutes later. Didn’t work again the next morning.
Very expensive for this remote location.
Plus: WiFi is free and breakfast is very good!

Sum-up: I will be back for dining, not for staying overnight.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
North Wales
Reviewed 21 January 2014

We had an amazing suite in this lovely typical German Landhaus, we stayed in December so the hotel had a wonderfully Christmas atmosphere, really cosy and friendly, lovely food, small but relaxing spa and I would imagine lovely walks in good weather. The staff are all very helpful too. A taxi into Muenster costs about 20 euros.

Room Tip: We had a beautiful suite which was worth the extra cost, but the regular rooms looked bright and air...
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
Brussels, Belgium
Reviewed 22 November 2013

I stayed one night for business but it immediately made me feel taking the family one day. The surroundings are fabulous and from the breakfast restaurant you have a fantastic view over thefields covered with dew. I also had dinner: the quality of the food is of top level. The only downside was the waiting time although the place was not full. Cosy bar as well and friendly staff.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 18 September 2013 via mobile

Our stay in Landhaus Eggert (deluxe room) was fabulous. Comfy room, very well kept, friendly staff, and a great country ambiance. Room price offered good value for money. Breakfast was unsurpassed. Fantastic wellness centre. Very recommended. Only one thing: food and wine (starting at 6 euro per glass) are overpriced. If you don't want to spend it, take the car and have dinner elsewhere.

• Stayed September 2013
Hamburg, Germany
Reviewed 5 February 2013

I just got back from a two-day workshop in Landhaus Eggert. This family owned hotel is located in an authentic large timber-framed and red-brick country house in beautful surroundings; forest, river and fields are adjacent.

Rooms were modernized, spotless, stylish and all equiped with free WiFi. Food was good. They clearly had a focus on quality and not quantity. Our conference room was well equipped with phone, flipchard and beamer. We couldn't get our Polycom Soundstation (speaker-phone) to work with their line/ PBX though but found a workaround together with their helpfull staff. They also have a complementary wellness-area (did not visit).

I would definately come back for business or pleasure and can recommend the place highly.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled on business
2 Thank cammaert
Novi Sad, Serbia
Reviewed 21 January 2013

I stayed for a business in this hotel for one night. It was a last minute reservation, so I can not complain about the price. Whole area is beautiful. It was my first time in Germany, and I was delight by the ambience and nature.
Room was clean, so as bathroom. Pleasant bar with good bear, but the best thing was dinner. You have to try fish file in some white sauce with potato and salad. The best food experience I ever had, when I ordered something I did not know what to expect.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled on business