See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 9 August 2017

On arrival I found my room to be very clean, spaciousness and just what I expected from the Photographs.
The bed, although different to the type of bed I am used to, was very comfortable and I had a very pleasant nights sleep.
The room was very compacted yet was very spacious.

My only disappointment was that, Due to me attending a wedding and staying in the hotel the reception was in, I was unable to book back into the IN VIA Hotel for the rest of my 5 day stay in Paderborn.

Date of stay: June 2017
Reviewed 27 July 2017

This is a very nice and comfortable hotel. Good location, close to the old city center. I was at the time of the Libori Festival, and it is close to all the central areas of the festival. There is a supermarket nearby and a rich breakfast (at an additional charge). The service is pleasant and the room is comfortable and clean. warmly recommended

Date of stay: July 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed 26 May 2015 via mobile

I stayed at this hotel for three nights , over a weekend, while attending a workshop at the beautiful Heinz Nixdorf institute in Paderborn.
The hotel is in a quiet backstreet near the town centre. The reception staff were reasonably efficient when I arrived. I needed a parking space and these are available for €5 per day about 75 meters from the hotel. I had booked a single room which was reasonably spacious for a single (with a single bed which appeared to be able to extend out to a double).
The bed was nice and firm, there was a desk and chair, adequate wardrobe space and a decent shower room with plenty of hot water and good shower pressure. There were no tea and coffee making facilities in the room and no room service. The safe in the wardrobe was broken and I was told that there was no "caretaker" available at the weekend" and nobody had a master key. I guess it was lucky that the safe jammed while open and not closed with my stuff inside it! The TV was a very old model and the remote held together by sticky tape. There is wifi in the room on application to reception for a password. Oddly, they require some ID before giving you the wifi password.
The reception desk is not staffed at night and the hotel doors are locked, which I wasn't told about when I checked in) so remember to take your room keys out with you so you can get back into the hotel.

Breakfast was ok but the hot stuff was uninspiring with the hot dish of scrambled eggs congealed into one rubbery mass and the bacon swimming in grease. There was no toast machine and the selection of other things to eat was a bit limited.
On my second morning, one of my towels had been taken away (as I had left it on the floor as instructed by a card in the bathroom) but it hadn't been replaced. On the Sunday evening when I got back to the room I found the bed unmade, the room had not been cleaned and the two wet towels I had left on the wet bathroom floor for replacement with clean ones were still there. On complaining I was told there was no room service on Sundays. This was not made clear when I booked the room. On a positive note, the management responded to my complaint by only charging me for two nights instead of three. There is a small lounge with a fridge containing beer and soft drinks and an honour system for paying for it. Another fridge containing ice cream is locked at night.
This is a strange hotel. It's nearly good, but the less than great breakfast and the weird things like no cleaning on Sunday's and the lack of staff at night lose it a lot of points for me.

Date of stay: May 2015
Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed 23 March 2015

Stayed during a conference. Very friendly staff, very helpful. The official category is **superior (not a three star hotel), and don't expect more. The rooms have comfortable beds (if not the best sleep I've had in a hotel: the mattress was slanting). My room (a double, single occupancy) had twin beds, a smallish desk which also had the smallish tv on it; only one office chair. Not bad, especially alone, but not very comfortable, either. Spacious bathroom with basic toiletries, good towels.
Free wifi in the room with a very good connection. Breakfast very good (try the homemade muesli; very good scrambled eggs, soggy bacon, though).
The hotel seems to be mostly used for conferences - they ave seminar rooms etc. Very good location, everything in the center is in walking distance.

Date of stay: March 2015
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed 28 October 2014

the rooms are small, but new, with some nice extras
breakfast is great; you can book other meals as well, but the intervals for eating are quite short
staying here is cheap and perfect for larger groups, conferences or family gatherings

Date of stay: October 2014