“Great All-Rounder”

Neighbourhood: Elberfeld-Mitte
Wuppertal, Germany
“Great All-Rounder”
Reviewed 19 May 2014

Katzengold totally deserves one of the top spots in Wuppertal, because it's a fantastic all-rounder. Louisenviertel is 'the place to be' for a few drinks with friends: lovely, atmospheric art-quater, especially on a sunny day. This bar is not a top gastronomy spot, but combines super friendly young staff, relaxed atmosphere, great location and very good food. Great for just drinks (inside or outside) or if you get peckish: the menu is short but everything is tasty (salads, snacks and a few full blown meat dishes). Just disagree with the few reviews that claim 'traditional german food'... a bit too much chorizo and ajoli for the 'typical' tag... but I personally don't mind! Desserts are a must too.

• Visited May 2014

“Good coffee in oldtown”
Reviewed 4 February 2013 via mobile

Not best but nice food in the oldtown .. Its easy to reach from trainstation ..Apple-crumble should be tried ... One of the best in the city

1 Thank Alieacelina
London
“Lovely German food in Katzengold”
Reviewed 11 December 2012

I had done a little research and a restaurant name seemed to come up a lot, Katzengold, serving great traditional German foods. We headed there without realizing that we really should have had a reservation but managed to get the last table! Very lucky indeed.
We opted for 2 salads, one with perfectly cooked salmon and one, gorgeous with goats cheese, nuts and honey.
In order not to get too healthy we also had potatoes with aioli on the side.

We had picked Wuppertal at random for a girls weekend away and we ended up having such a lovely time and if I ever come back to Wuppertal I would go back again and again!
Great food, friendly staff and great atmosphere but I would advice to book a table!

read more about our weekend in Wuppertal here; http://petra08.wordpress.com/2012/12/08/german-christmas-spirit-part-one/

• Visited December 2012
1 Thank Petra5
yorkshire
“like my local abroad”
Reviewed 6 December 2012

i have been travelling to wuppertal for thirty years, i have good friends there. this bar has been my local in all that time. good beer, good company, lovely ambience. try the roast potatoes with alioli or try it for sunday morning for breakfast, one of the most relaxing sunday mornings you can have. oh! and the luisen str. outside is a very pretty street.

• Visited November 2012
2 Thank Ian C
Cologne, Germany
“Wonderful, relaxing meal”
Reviewed 23 July 2012

I read some good reviews of Katzengold and wanted to try it. When I turned the corner, I knew this was going to be a good meal. It sits on a quiet street with 10 tables on the sidewalk. I had the Fischteller vom Grill (Salmon, Shrimp, and Calamari) grilled to perfect with exquisite aoli and a very creamy potato pudding.

The staff is friend, observant but not overbearing and my waitress spoke excellent English.

I will be in Wuppertal one more night and may very well come back.

2 Thank KolnerBigBlue