SAKS Urban Design Hotel Kaiserslautern
TDYHOMES Hotel Schattner(Kaiserslautern)
  • Breakfast included
Hotel Froehlich(Kaiserslautern)
  • Restaurant
All reviewsnice hotelbusiness tripchristmas markethotel restaurantrestaurants and shoppingmodern looksuite roomplace to staythe heart of the citylocation is excellentthe ground floorrooms are cleangymshowerwifidesignereurope
Reviewed 7 March 2014

I booked this hotel as did a co-worker on a recent business trip (we stayed 4 nights). A quick review of the hotel was it was a decent hotel in a good location, but wasn't without its problems.

My co-worker's room was without working AC/Heat despite putting in a service request.
My towel warmer somehow leaked water all of the bathroom part of the room while we were out leaving me to come back to a mess in the room.

The final problem I had was what actually caused me to write this review, as I normally do not write reviews, but I wanted to make sure everyone knew about this problem. If you book the hotel on their website, when you go to make the booking you will notice that there are two rates for the room... The Saks Online Rate and the Saks Bar Rate (default selected). The Saks online rate means you cannot cancel your book, whereas the saks bar rate can be canceled. When you choose the Saks Online Rate you will notice that the additional services populates with "Breakfast included". Upon arriving I had already been charged the full amount of the stay (minus parking) to my credit card. Upon checking out there were additional charges for 3 breakfasts at 15 euro each. When I told the receptionist that the rate online said breakfast was included and that I shouldn't need to pay the breakfast she said I was wrong and that the price I was being charged was actually cheaper than was on the website, and that when adding in the amount for breakfast it would equal up to the right amount. I informed her that she was wrong and that I was already charged the complete amount (566 Euro). She stated that the website was incorrect in saying that the breakfast was included and that she had this problems many times everyday when people checked out. I told her that they needed to change their website then because its not my fault its wrong (I booked directly from the SAKS website).

We went back and forth in a debate which finally ended in me paying the fee because I needed to leave to catch my plane. Before I left though I brought up the website on my laptop and showed her how it said breakfast included. She finally said she would refund the 45 euro, but as I am writing this review right after getting home, I have no idea if it will actually happen.

Sad that this had to happen as I can usually be a very easy going person when it comes to staying in a hotel - but this just left a terrible taste in my mouth that she would even argue the fact over 45 Euro. Especially when, and as she put it, "It's not going directly into my pocket". I have taken screenshots of the rates on their website incase I do not get a refund so that I may dispute the amount with my credit card company.

If it wasn't for this experience I probably would of give the hotel 3-4 stars, but because of this it gets a solid 1.

Room Tip: Make sure the breakfast is really included
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
4  Thank drkwtsn
Reviewed 4 December 2013

I was surprised on the design, quality and confort of the rooms.
Although it is a strictly non-smoking hotel, it is a clear must when travelling to Kaisernslautern.
The rooms are large, the toilet and showers are amazing, the service is great and the breakfasts are good.
It is very convenient forleisure or business trips. It has free internet access, for multiple devices.
It has also parking place available, for an extra cost.
Free newspapers, coffee and water in the rooms and also in the 1st floor lounge.
It has gym and spa.

Room Tip: Rooms in the first floor has easy access to complemetary lounge. Free coffee, water and pastries available in this lounge, and also in the rooms. Rooms facing the square are very quiet.
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 8 November 2013

We love the SAKS hotel. The staff, Marcus, Jenny, and Sebastian have always been so kind, even while managing a lobby full of guests. There are three other women who are always very gracious also, but I do not know their names. This hotel is centrally located, with plenty of restaurants and shopping within walking distance. I love the rooms; from the moment I enter my room and hear the SAKS theme song come on the TV, I am immediately at ease. The beds are comfortable, the shower is spacious, the floors are heated, and the lighting is spectacular. Breakfast and dinner are so delicious. The breakfast staff (Traudel) always remembers our coffee orders. I could go on and on...the SAKS hotel has been my favorite European hotel to stay in. I highly recommend this hotel if you have an opportunity to stay here.

Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 4 November 2013

I am a frequent guest of the SAKS hotel. The staff, Jenny, Marcus, and Sebastian are always extremely welcoming both as I arrive and throughout the stay. The rooms are beautiful and inviting with large flat screen TVs and comfortable beds. The TVs include the cables to connect I-product and PCs so guests can watch their own movies. I look forward toward my mornings with the beautiful showers, heated floors, and Nespresso machines in every room. I then enjoy the buffet breakfast whereTravdell always remembers my colegues' and my favorite coffee order. The SAKS is the ONLY hotel I would stay at in Kaiserslautern.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Danielle L
Reviewed 6 October 2013 via mobile

Beds are very comfortable, very quiet. Love the heated floor in front of the shower. Make sure to check out 24 hour lounge with complimentary beverages, snacks. Also, the rooftop daybed & Spa. Great view of K'town. Great restaurant and customer service.

Stayed: October 2013