“Footballtrip”

Ranked #17 of 21 Hotels in Kaiserslautern
Skien Municipality, Norway
“Footballtrip”
Reviewed 7 February 2014 via mobile

Fantastic location for 1fckaiserskautern 500 mtr to Fritz Walther stadium! Superfriendly staff! Plateinnspilling for kids, Good clean room! 1 km to the citysentre, we will defineriveky stay here our next wisit, who will bee rather soon I believe!

Stayed February 2014
DorintKaiserslautern, Manager at Best Western Hotel Kaiserslautern, responded to this review, 11 February 2014
Dear Guest,
first we would like to thank you for your feedback. We are pleased that you rated positively your stay at the Dorint Kaiserslautern. We are looking forward to welcome you again soon. Best regards,
Your Dorint Kaiserslautern Team

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
Chorleywood, United Kingdom
Reviewed 22 October 2013 via mobile

This Hotel is ideally located for a visit to watch FC Kaiserslautern, which is only a short walk away. The main town centre is a 15 minute walk away. Hotel has good parking facilities. Room are a good modern standard with good bathrooms also. All in all well presented and comfortable

Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 17 September 2013 via mobile

The floor is old and worn, the light in the bath room needs a new bulb, there is no air conditioning, internet is provided via a third party and most likely costs extra (used the available T-Mobile HotSpot I am already paying for instead) and the water pressure in the shower gets you barely wet. I go for breakfast now but I doubt it will be that good that I return to this hotel again.

• Stayed September 2013

Travellers are raving about these Kaiserslautern hotels

Bern, Switzerland
Reviewed 27 December 2012

We stay 3 nights here. The staffs are friendly. I went to the bar once to order dinner because the restaurant was closed on Christmas evening. “You can come here. If I bring the stuff I have to charge you 2 Euros more”.
11 Euro for a HUGE burger with fries and some vegetable, 1.5 more for cheese.

The mother of my boyfriend who recently stayed here for 5 weeks told me; “They are nice. But they just get most of the things wrong.”

My own experience: Booked table for Christmas Eve. They told us the table number and that we will have a room exclusively for our own (6 persons). It turned out that we shared a room with a man and a woman, who are apparently not a couple. That’s a bit uncomfortable. The room can actually be divided into two small divisions, but those two persons would not had a glimpse on a Christmas tree on our side…
First “free” welcome “Häppchen” was smoked Salmon and some stuffs (leftover from the breakfast..) And the soup from this dinner’s menu became a part of the Brunch we booked for Christmas. The Brunch was fully booked and they should thought about us. Who would have the same cream soup with gin in a roll? I am a soup fan but this time I skipped the soup.
It is not that bad, just lower my christmas mood a bit.

Room:
The room has everything for a standard 3 stars hotel and is worn out, has a crack on washbasin and on a toilet seat (it hurts bare ...), little stains on the bathtub and washbasin.
The room is larger than SAKs hotel though.

Cleanliness:
On the second day the bath towels were changed, the beds were made but the room was not
cleaned. Result, my hairs were everywhere.

Breakfast:
14 Euro and you can order egg menu. 3 kinds of honey, fresh juice, cheese, cold cut with smoke salmon, salad, yoghurt, croissant, bread, etc.
For me, it's ok, but my BF told me the bread was not fresh and the coffee just standard.
If u don't want to go out for eating, it's ok if you are really hungry. But you get 3 euro HUGE and delicious pancakes at diner with 7 min drive..

Internet
cost 3 Euro per hour and 9 Euro per day. I think it's too much for this kind of business hotel. The trick is to book Breakfast and Internet separately will cost you less than to book a business package..

The air ventilator makes ghost sound at night. Kind of horror to stay alone..

• Stayed December 2012, travelled as a couple
GA
Reviewed 30 November 2012

After reading some of the other reviews, I was hesitant about our stay here. While it was only one night, we had a great visit. We had an adjoining room for our two girls and more than enough space. Very comfy beds and they had a pack-n-play for the baby to sleep in, which was much bigger than traditional American sized ones. The breakfast was decent...lots of meats and cheeses, fruit, eggs, sausage, bacon, bread basket and you can make your own waffles. The front desk associates were very friendly. My only complaint would be you could hear people outside late at night. Of course since the hotel is right beside the soccer stadium, you have to expect some craziness late at night.

• Stayed November 2012, travelled with family
San Francisco, California
Reviewed 12 November 2012

I must have bad luck with Novotels, because this is the third property of theirs I've stayed in (after Paris and Madrid), and each time it's been a poor experience for me.

I spent one night on this hotel last week, and that was more than enough. First of all, this being a Novotel a few things go without saying: small room, tiny bathroom, Ikea style furniture. Definitely this is not a deluxe hotel (you'd give this property 2 stars in the US) and does not meet the usual standard of business hotels such as Courtyards, and such. I'd actually say this is probably around the level of a Holiday Inn Express, but one that is worn and frayed around the edges.

The room had other drawbacks - the one I was given was one level down from the lobby, and over a few steps, which if you have big bags will be hard to navigate. It was also scalding hot - there was no air conditioning in the room at all (not even any vents to speak of), and even though the heating radiator was turned off, it still let out a significant amount of heat into the room. My only other option was opening the window, which on a freezing night was the opposite problem. So there were my choices - freeze or boil. Not very good for sleeping either way. And the wifi did not have any signal in the room, and any time I attempted a connection i got dropped right away.

Also and even though this was a non-smoking room, I had to go through the smoking area bar to actually access it. Not sure who planned that one, but the area was of course stuffy and smelly. Ugh.

I did order a club sandwich from room service, and the room service attendant was very nice. The food was unremarkable with way too much mayonnaise, only the fries were any good. Front desk personnel were fine, if again not very interested in talking to guests. The location of the hotel is tucked away in the middle of nowhere, If you want to get to the center of town you will need some transportation, as it is not in walking distance. And other than a gas station across the street with a mini-market, i could not see any amenities in the area at all.

Next time I happen to be in Kaiserslautern I sure won't be spending a night here. And probably I will be avoiding Novotels from now on, just to be on the safe side.

• Stayed November 2012, travelled on business