“Good Germexican, not Tex-Mex”
Review of Hemingway's

Hemingway's
Ranked #10 of 191 Restaurants in Ludwigshafen
Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Union City, New Jersey, United States
“Good Germexican, not Tex-Mex”
Reviewed 15 March 2013

As long as you realize Germany has its own take on Mexican, you will really enjoy Hemingway's. Due to the abject terror of spicy food Germans have, there is not much in the spicy realm at Hemingway's, but it is good nonetheless. We made the mistake of not trying the margarittas which every other patron in the place had, and they looked very good. We instead had local wine which was also very good, so I guess we didn't miss much in retrospect.
I had the bbq burrito, figuring it must be like an ancho chile bbq, but no it was just regular bbq sauce. It was still very good, and apart from the lack of spiciness that I crave, I really enjoyed it.
The rice was very good, and of course this being Germany, the mean was phenomenal. It was basically little cuts of fantastic Argentinian steak.

Service was very good, quick and friendly. There was an english menu.

• Visited February 2013

• Czech first
Wexford, Ireland
“Pity the Menu was not in English”
Reviewed 12 December 2012

Had a lovely meal last weekend. Great buzz in the place, Cocktails great. Asked if they had an English language menu and they looked in complete surprise that someone might want one. Saw a few dishes going to other tables and they looked fantastic but as my German is not great I had to go with something I recognised i.e. enchiladas!!!

• Visited December 2012