“Exmoor Food Festival - what a great evening”
Review of La Petite Bouchee

La Petite Bouchee
Ranked #2 of 4 Restaurants in Witheridge
Price range: £30 - £35
Description: Welcome to our multi-award winning brasserie, La Petite Bouchée, based in the pretty village of Witheridge, equidistant between Tiverton and South Molton. Literally translated as " The Small Mouthful " La Petite Bouchée is anything but and 98% of our food is either locally sourced within a 10 mile radius ( fish 23miles ) or homegrown. We are the only restaurant in N.Devon to be a certified carbon free restaurant and we have a very fine tuned no waste policy in place. If you are looking for a friendly bistro style restaurant with excellent service and a menu to match then look no further. You'll receive a warm welcome and an authentic taste of France using fabulous Devon produce. ( As seen on Ch4 Hidden Restaurants with Michel Roux Jnr)
Reviewed 25 February 2023

This was our first visit booked for three and what a great surprise. The staff were charming and the food was so delicious. The steak was so beautifully cooked and tasted wonderful. We were all happy with all of our three courses and the wine, which was very reasonable, was very much up to scratch. Well done La Petite Bouchee and thank you.

Date of visit: February 2023
Anita-Clare F, Owner at La Petite Bouchee, responded to this reviewResponded 26 February 2023

Thank you so much. It was lovely to meet you. I’m so thrilled you enjoyed your evening. Kindest A-C & all the team

Reviewed 2 January 2023 via mobile

Thank you so much for another lovely evening. This was our 6th visit and this time for our wedding anniversary. Pre-ordering our food is an excellent idea, it gives time to make a proper choice and ensures no wasted food. We loved our choices of the pulled jack fruit starter (the best that I have ever had), the red mullet main course was delicious and our desserts - the vegan sticky toffee pudding and the sticky toffee apple pudding were sublime! Thank you.

Date of visit: December 2022
Anita-Clare F, Owner at La Petite Bouchee, responded to this reviewResponded 3 January 2023

Thank you so much for your generous words Jo. As ever it’s a joy to make things for our customers that require a bit more thought. Happy Anniversary to you both.

Reviewed 21 December 2022

I booked La Petite Bouchée a while ago to cook a meal for four for a special occasion and admit to being anxious about having someone using my kitchen in my presence. I needn’t have worried, Anita-Clare arrived armed with a small, cool box-cum-flight bag and swept in like a culinary version of Mary Poppins.

Not being a great fan of formality, I had expressly asked for a casual and informal approach, Anita-Clare prepped, cooked, served and removed the most incredible food in an unobtrusive and relaxed fashion. I am dairy-free and hate to ask for special treatment on my behalf but my requests were very well met; every course was dairy-free however, nobody would be able to tell ingredients had been swapped out - from start, to finish the meal was utterly fantastic. Everything was spot on.

Taking inspiration from suggested likes and dislikes Anita-Clare had carefully selected three courses of delicious food; prawn and scallop rillettes, duck breast on roti and lemon cheesecake, as with every skilled craftsman the entire thing seemed to be effortlessly executed, but the results were superb! My concern about formality was unfounded, the chef put us all at ease, we felt pampered and very spoilt. At the end of the meal, the kitchen was cleaned, the washing up done, Mary Poppins took her bag and left four very happy customers. Thank you Anita-Clare, you’re a complete star!

Date of visit: December 2022
Anita-Clare F, Owner at La Petite Bouchee, responded to this reviewResponded 21 December 2022

Claire, wow. Thank you so so much. It was a joy and an honour to cook for you all. Thank you for your generous hospitality. Making things dairy-free is fun and fuels my creativity. I love a challenge and it is absolutely no problem whatsoever. I look forward to cooking you further dairy free meals in the years to come. ❤️

Reviewed 19 December 2022

I’ve wanted to visit LPB for about 4 years but the stars had never aligned then covid happened and scuppered my plans.

I was sincerely hoping that my long awaited supper plans weren’t like that youth club disco snog with the chap you’d fancied all year but would turn out to be nothing like you’d thought!!! Turns out that on this occasion I need not have worried and it was better than expected - is that actually. We’d had a pretty rubbish week with one thing or another but our Friday night supper restored our faith that there was some little pockets of light in the world. The food of was to die for thanks A-C, the service was just perfect, champagne cocktail perfectly executed and the setting left us pinching each other cheeks!

Date of visit: December 2022

Thank you both so much for your generous review. I am so delighted we managed to make the end of your rubbish week better. Cooking for all of you definitely made my rubbish week so much better, so thank you 🙏🏻

Reviewed 11 June 2022 via mobile

Oh boy, what can I say. I held a dinner party for my husbands special birthday and Anita Claire came to cook the meal. The food was out of this world, clean plates indicated everyone thought the same. Anita Claire made it so special, all the cooking done AND she cleared up……….oh joy oh rapture! Every course was cooked with love and we ate it with love. A super super evening thanks to a dedicated talented chef. Thank you so much will certainly do this again very soon.

Date of visit: June 2022
1  Thank Janis888
Anita-Clare F, Owner at La Petite Bouchee, responded to this reviewResponded 11 June 2022

It was a pleasure and may I say? An honour to come and cook for you. It was lovely to catch up with you and meet your gorgeous dogstar too. See you very soon