“Not bad at all”

hanoi
Ranked #15 of 519 Restaurants in Mainz
Cuisines: Asian, Vietnamese
Good for: Child-friendly, Cheap Eats
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Leeds, United Kingdom
“Not bad at all”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 August 2012

We had a very pleasant meal here. My food was good, my husband's main course was rather bland (marked "piquant" - it wasn't) but overall a good impression. I've had better Vietnamese food, but this was good value for money and we'd happily eat there again.

• Visited August 2012

Cologne, Germany
“One of the best”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 June 2012

Traditional family vietnamese restaurant. I have only good things to write: good food, nice staff, prices under the average.
The local is not so chic as others, but you go to a restaurant for the food mostly, so do not hesitate and try it.

• Visited April 2012
Mainz, Germany
“Great food!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 May 2012

There is only one thing to say: try it! The food tastes great and the prices are moderatly. The interior isn´t typical vitnamese style but that doesn´t matter - if you once tried the summerroll and all the other nice food! It ´s always fresh made and very delicious. The service is very nice. And with the bill you always get a digestif.
Make a reservation, because almost every day the restaurant is fully booked.

• Visited May 2012
1 Thank anne761
Brussels, Belgium
“Food is fine, but we felt sick afterwards”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 November 2011

This restaurant certainly is a likable place, food is simple but good and it is value for money. However one should know that this is not a chic place but rather for students and local residents.
Also I am very sorry to say that both of us felt sick after eating there, and this although I only tasted a very small portion of my friend's dish who felt much sicker than I did. This tells about the degree of bacterial contamination of the shrimp dish we had, and it is simply not tolerable to have this kind of hygiene issue in a restaurant in Europe.
We both like simple places, and I am inclined to believe this issue was an exception, but still it should not happen. It never happened to me when eating at home, so to me there is an issue.

• Visited July 2011
1 Thank oftravel
Millersville, Maryland
“Very good”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 September 2011

My first experience with Vietnamese food. And it was great. The staff was helpful with ordering. Loves the curry fish dish. We will continue to return.

• Visited February 2011