“Faultless experience”
Review of Hilton Mainz

Hilton Mainz
Ranked #3 of 41 Hotels in Mainz
Reviewed 10 June 2014

Stayed here for 1 night in May. Took the train from Frankfurt airport and walked 15 mins to hotel.

Warmly welcomed and given room slightly earlier than normal which was appreciated I had been up early.

The room had a River View and was a good size with a decent sized and equipped bathroom. The bed was most comfortable.

Whilst not in the main centre the hotel is near to many of the things worth seeing including the Old centre. Several bars and restaurants nearby and adjacent to the Conference centre.

Staff all friendly including with an attempt to help with a forgotten phone charger.

Ate breakfast at the hotel and would rate it highly.

Worth a visit to town and hotel and would happily return!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo
HiltonMainzundCity, Geschäftsführer at Hilton Mainz, responded to this reviewResponded 12 June 2014

Dear Guest,

First of all I want to thank you for choosing the Hilton Mainz for your stay and for having taken the time to send us your personal feedback via Tripadvisor.

I am delighted about your positive ratings for our hotel, our team and the services provided and that you enjoyed your stay with us. Sharing your warm compliments about our staff was definitely a highlight and is a great motivation for all of them.

The team of the Hilton Mainz and myself do hope that we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back to our hotel or any other Hilton Hotel in the future.

pp.Roland Rößler

Write a ReviewReviews (1,181)

Reviewed 9 June 2014

Stayed here 3 nights for a company conference. February is not the best month to be in Frankfurt but it was a pleasant experience primarily because of the hotel's location close to the river. The weather was kind enough to allow a long walk on the riverside each of the 3 days.

The rooms are clean and the service is quite friendly. The food was OK but monotonous - it seemed like we were eating the same items for breakfast and lunch on all days.

Good place overall and would recommend it to both business travelers and holidayers.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
HiltonMainzundCity, Geschäftsführer at Hilton Mainz, responded to this reviewResponded 10 June 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for having chosen the Hilton Mainz and thank you for taking time to share your valuable feedback with us and other guests through Tripadvisor. Receiving feedback from our guests is one of the highest priorities as it allows us to constantly improve our level of service and therefore your comments regarding the choice of our buffet are very much appreciated and we will consider your remarks for future plannings.

Your recommendation is much appreciated and we look forward to the week your travel plans will bring you back to Mainz.

pp.Roland Rößler

Reviewed 7 June 2014 via mobile

Except the mind melting logic in the subject, it's a classical hilton meeting the expectations. Has a nice variety of food at breakfast. Lobby area is unimaginably crowded and loud at nights, like a cocktail party. Better get rooms away from there. Actually, you should definitely get a room upstairs riverside with Rhein view.

Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank espoirist

Dear Guest,

First of all I want to thank you for your personal feedback you sent us via Tripadvisor. However, we are very sorry to read that we could not satisfy you completely. Please accept my sincerest apoligies regarding the noise nuisance you encouterd.

Although we did not completely meet your expectations, it would be a big pleasure for the team of the Hilton Mainz and myself to welcome you back to our hotel or any other Hilton Hotel in the future.

Kind regards,

Reviewed 31 May 2014

The hotel seems more suited for conferences than tourism. But then I was there for a conference. Rooms are standard Hilton which are generally pretty nice. My beef with this particular hotel is with the Wifi. You can use it free in the lobby area which is across the street from where most of the rooms are located. Or, you can pay 20€'s for 24 hour access. I eventually had to fork over the 20€ as I needed better than free access for about an hour. I expected to be able to use the connection for 24 hours. However when I went back to use it, I'd been checked out and that of course canceled access. So I went to the desk to sort things out and I was informed that all they could do is offer me another 24 hours free. Nice offer but I'd been checked out which means I was leaving which means the offer was rather a hollow one.

Long story short, I'd not stay at this Hilton if it weren't for the conference. Mind you the main building is on the river which is quite nice and it's about a 5 minute walk from the Gutenberg museum and that is a must see.

Room Tip: try to stay in the main building
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
HiltonMainzundCity, Geschäftsführer at Hilton Mainz, responded to this reviewResponded 2 June 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your time to share your experience with us and other travellers through tripadvisor.com.

We appreciate your honest input and apologize for the issues you encountered. In regard to the internet prices I would like to inform you that we are currently in negotiations with our internet provider to offer a lower price in our guest rooms.

Reviewed 29 May 2014

This was the first hotel in Germany we stayed at during a vacation with my wife and oldest son. The hotel was located on the Rhein River with beautiful views of the river and city across the river. We originally had a standard room but found that the room had not been cleaned when we arrived about 6PM. The staff immediately upgraded both of our rooms to ones overlooking the river. Facilities were excellent and very clean. It was a modern building with big windows in the rooms. Centrally located and easy to get to. Rooms included breakfast and the restaurant furnished an excellent European breakfast with eggs, choices of several meats, breads, cereals and fruit. Great stay after being away 40 years.

Room Tip: Try to get room in main building with river view.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for having chosen the Hilton Mainz as your preferred choice of accommodation during your recent visit to the city and thank you for taking time to share your great feedback with us and other guests through Tripadvisor.

It was a great pleasure to read through your review. However, I am very sorry to read that your room was not cleaned upon arrival and I would like to apologize for any inconvenience caused. Please rest assured that this is not our standard and corrective actions have been taken with our Housekeeping Team in order to avoid such shortcomings in the future and to guarantee the expected Hilton standard and quality.

Dear Guest, we look forward to welcome you back whenever your travel plans bring you back to Mainz.

p.p. Roland Roessler

Reviewed 28 May 2014

We went to Mainz Germany to visit our nephew and niece. The hotel is about 30 minutes drive from Frankfurt airport. Check in was fast. After taking a stroll we got to our room on the other side of the street but not problem there is an inside bridge. Our room looked like it had been renovated since everything looked fairly new and clean. Room had a king size bed, desk and seating area with a comfortable extra table for taking our coffee with our family, relaxing, after a day of walking in the City. It was a big room! The Hotel is alongside of the Rhine; city center is about 20 minutes walk. The restaurant at the hotel is good, even locals go on Friday night to have the buffet dinner; you will need reservation that day. Staff was friendly and helpful. I think I will stay here next time I will go to visit my family.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Yoliyoly

Dear Guest,

We would like to thank you for being our guest and for your time to share your perfect feedback with us and other travellers through the tripadvisor website. We are very happy to read that you enjoyed your recent stay at the Hilton Mainz that much.

Reading through experiences like yours is always a great motivation. Thank you.

Kind Regards from Mainz,

Reviewed 28 May 2014

Would have liked a view of the river but was put in a room across the street so it was a long walk
from the front desk to the main hotel. Our room was very nice and clean with no complaints.
I guess we looked like we were able to do the walk to and from our room. Ask for a river view.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Joleen B

Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing this quick feedback on your recent stays with us via Tripadvisor. Your feedback is much appreciated and I am sorry to read that you were not entirely satisfied with your stay. We will share your comments with our team as we constantly look for new ways to improve our guests' experience. However, we hope you will return to stay with us the next time you are in town.

Kind regards,